SOWPub Small Business Forums  
 

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

 

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 15, 2020, 12:36 AM
Dien Rice Dien Rice is offline
Onwards and upwards!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,708
Default How I'm relaxing to take a break from the news...

Hi,

Sorry you haven't heard from me for a while... Between being a parent to a 3-month-old baby and Covid-19 awareness, I've been kind of overwhelmed and also a bit stressed out... (We're all fine, though!)

So, to take a break from the overstimulation of too much news, I've turned to one of my sources of peace and happiness... which is the...

Hammacher Schlemmer catalog!

I first discovered the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog when it was one of the catalogs included in Skymall - the printed catalog which used to be on pretty much every US airplane. Back in those pre-iPod and pre-iPad days, it was one of the few forms of entertainment on the airplane...

The great thing about Hammacher Schlemmer is there are many things you didn't realize you need in your life - until you see it in the catalog...

For me, this time, it's now this...

The Human Bowling Ball



https://www.hammacher.com/product/human-bowling-ball

That's right, you become the bowling ball to knock down the pins!

And it will only set you back $5,500 (plus $100 shipping)...

The great thing is - being inside the ball, you are automatically self-isolating yourself...

I'm contemplating it... depending on how long this coronavirus thing goes for...

- Dien
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old September 18, 2020, 11:08 PM
nifty nonpareil nifty nonpareil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: 3D ~ 4D timeline split
Posts: 3
Default Re: How I'm relaxing to take a break from the news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi,

Sorry you haven't heard from me for a while... Between being a parent to a 3-month-old baby and Covid-19 awareness, I've been kind of overwhelmed and also a bit stressed out... (We're all fine, though!)

So, to take a break from the overstimulation of too much news, I've turned to one of my sources of peace and happiness... which is the...

Hammacher Schlemmer catalog!

I first discovered the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog when it was one of the catalogs included in Skymall - the printed catalog which used to be on pretty much every US airplane. Back in those pre-iPod and pre-iPad days, it was one of the few forms of entertainment on the airplane...

The great thing about Hammacher Schlemmer is there are many things you didn't realize you need in your life - until you see it in the catalog...

For me, this time, it's now this...

The Human Bowling Ball



https://www.hammacher.com/product/human-bowling-ball

That's right, you become the bowling ball to knock down the pins!

And it will only set you back $5,500 (plus $100 shipping)...

The great thing is - being inside the ball, you are automatically self-isolating yourself...

I'm contemplating it... depending on how long this coronavirus thing goes for...

- Dien

- - -
Dien!!!! Hi, there!
It’s nanci, and alas figured out how to say hello and applaud you [GJA, and Ankesh] all here! You nailed it with that particular catalog, as one’s parents used to receive their catalog in the postal mail. Here’s to your “item discovery” and welcoming your little bundle of joy, 3-months young to your family! Aloha 🙏
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 19, 2020, 12:58 PM
Dien Rice Dien Rice is offline
Onwards and upwards!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,708
Default Awesome to see you're a fan too! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifty nonpareil View Post
- - -
Dien!!!! Hi, there!
It’s nanci, and alas figured out how to say hello and applaud you [GJA, and Ankesh] all here! You nailed it with that particular catalog, as one’s parents used to receive their catalog in the postal mail. Here’s to your “item discovery” and welcoming your little bundle of joy, 3-months young to your family! Aloha 🙏
Hi Nanci,

Awesome to see your post! And thank you for your well-wishes!

Glad you are also a fan of the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog!

Sometimes, you need a little escape... And it's always fun to fantasize about some of the crazier stuff in that catalog...

Best wishes,

Dien
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 21, 2020, 06:49 AM
Millard Grubb Millard Grubb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 108
Default Re: How I'm relaxing to take a break from the news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi,

Sorry you haven't heard from me for a while... Between being a parent to a 3-month-old baby and Covid-19 awareness, I've been kind of overwhelmed and also a bit stressed out... (We're all fine, though!)

So, to take a break from the overstimulation of too much news, I've turned to one of my sources of peace and happiness... which is the...

Hammacher Schlemmer catalog!

I first discovered the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog when it was one of the catalogs included in Skymall - the printed catalog which used to be on pretty much every US airplane. Back in those pre-iPod and pre-iPad days, it was one of the few forms of entertainment on the airplane...

The great thing about Hammacher Schlemmer is there are many things you didn't realize you need in your life - until you see it in the catalog...

For me, this time, it's now this...

The Human Bowling Ball



https://www.hammacher.com/product/human-bowling-ball

That's right, you become the bowling ball to knock down the pins!

And it will only set you back $5,500 (plus $100 shipping)...

The great thing is - being inside the ball, you are automatically self-isolating yourself...

I'm contemplating it... depending on how long this coronavirus thing goes for...

- Dien

I've enjoyed this catalog for quite some time. Their penchant for finding unusual items is what keeps me interested.

Once you open the catalog, you keep turning the pages because maybe, just maybe, you hope you'll find something that is unusual enough, but hits enough of your buttons that causes you to part with some of your cash.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 22, 2020, 09:22 PM
Dien Rice Dien Rice is offline
Onwards and upwards!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,708
Default The most expensive item in the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
I've enjoyed this catalog for quite some time. Their penchant for finding unusual items is what keeps me interested.

Once you open the catalog, you keep turning the pages because maybe, just maybe, you hope you'll find something that is unusual enough, but hits enough of your buttons that causes you to part with some of your cash.
Hi Millard,

Just for fun, I tried to find the most expensive item in the current Hammacher Schlemmer online catalog...

This is what I found! (Though who knows, there may be something higher...)



The five-person exploration submarine...

For you, today - because I like your face - a special deal of just $2.7 million dollars!

https://www.hammacher.com/product/fi...tion-submarine

Best wishes,

Dien
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 23, 2020, 09:05 AM
Millard Grubb Millard Grubb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 108
Default Re: The most expensive item in the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Millard,

Just for fun, I tried to find the most expensive item in the current Hammacher Schlemmer online catalog...

This is what I found! (Though who knows, there may be something higher...)



The five-person exploration submarine...

For you, today - because I like your face - a special deal of just $2.7 million dollars!

https://www.hammacher.com/product/fi...tion-submarine

Best wishes,

Dien

I'll just have to get my change purse out and pull out some moolah for this nifty little vehicle.

Yep. This is typical for the catalog.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Other recent posts on the forum...


Seeds of Wisdom Publishing (front page) | Seeds of Wisdom Business forum | Seeds of Wisdom Original Business Forum (Archive) | Hidden Unusual Business Ideas Newsletter | Hotsheet Profits | The Art of Leverage | The Success Report | Persuade via Remote Influence | Affia Band | The Entrepreneur's Hotsheet | The SeedZine (Entrepreneurial Ezine) | The Fly Low Collect Dough Update Hotline

Get the report on Harvey Brody's Answers to a Question-Oriented-Person


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.