SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old December 20, 2006, 03:12 PM
Garth

Default Punch Drunk Over The Rocky Balboa Bible Study Course

Just as the Answer leaves Philly without question Stallone talks Rocky to answer a new question...

Can Rocky Pump Up The Pulpit?

In a unique twist I think Stallone is trying to niche is new Rocky movie that seems to picking up a lot of Adrian!aline.

Rocky has smartly a whole website where he gives, samples and strategy on how religious leaders can use the Rocky films to teach messages of spiritual growth .

I wonder what other niches he can a jab at winning them over?

Here's one.

His staggering number die hard Polooka's who can't get enough of the musty gym rat who put on the golden golves and turned into a champion.

Take a look at the Rocky Box. I love the design of the box.

Even if you're not a Rocky fan you might want to get at least one. These things might turn out to be collector's items.

If you want more hits from Rocky here's the Rocky Balboa blog/.

Yo...Never Give Up
Old December 21, 2006, 12:13 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default A related business lesson from Kirk Kerkorian (the 26th richest American)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Just as the Answer leaves Philly without question Stallone talks Rocky to answer a new question...

Can Rocky Pump Up The Pulpit?

In a unique twist I think Stallone is trying to niche is new Rocky movie that seems to picking up a lot of Adrian!aline.

Rocky has smartly a whole website where he gives, samples and strategy on how religious leaders can use the Rocky films to teach messages of spiritual growth .
Thanks Garth... I didn't know about this, and it's fascinating!

This reminds me of something I read about... In fact, it's a good business lesson. Which is, if possible, it's good to try to have multiple ways to make a profit from your products...

I know Kirk Kerkorian does this (or at least has in the past). He's currently ranked by Forbes as the 26th richest American.

In an earlier time (I think in the 1950s and 1960s), Kerkorian used to buy and sell planes. However, he also started what was called a "non-sked" airline. A "non-sked" airline was a "non-scheduled" airline, that is, they didn't have schedules like most planes do today. When they got enough passengers and/or cargo, they flew.

He did this so he could always make money from his planes. He'd buy a plane, then if he could resell it at a good price, he'd do so. If he couldn't resell it at a good price yet, he'd add it to his fleet of "non-sked" airplanes - so he'd make money that way. At least, until the time came where he could sell it for a good profit. He's always had multiple ways to make money from any thing he did.

It's a good business lesson, one we can learn from Rocky (Stallone) and Kerkorian (who, in his youth, was also an amateur boxer - known as "Rifle Right Kerkorian"!).

Cheers,

Dien
Old December 21, 2006, 05:42 PM
Garth

Default Re: Punch Drunk Over The Rocky Balboa Bible Study Course

James,

That's a great quote.

Sounds like you may be a Rocky Head.

Can you put together some more Rocky motivational quotes
and make some money off this Rocky buzz with a Balboa
pocket quide to finding success in life.

"Palooka's Guide To Prosperity and Wealth"

Balboa's Guide To Beating Failure

Anyway just a thought.