SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 7, 2015, 12:38 PM
rebornatoz

Default Re: $1,491 A WEEK!

Hi Don,

Thanks for the tip.
Yes I will contact FSBO first, then do the video if they are interested. I suppose my approach was wrong when I spent too much time on the videos while effort should be spent approaching owner instead.

PS3 is a great tool - simple and fast to churn out videos ! Credit to you for recommending such a tool. This project sure feels a lot more fun with the help from you and the community.

Darren.
Old April 8, 2015, 07:50 PM
RickC

Having a video already made, even with a generic address, makes a lot of sense. That way your potential FSBO customers can see what they can have made for them in order to help them sell.

I'm curious how many people Don's student contacts (on average), before she gets a "Yes" If you have your video made and ready to go, all it takes is contacting as many FSBO owners as your time allows.

There is nobody providing this service in my area.
Old April 13, 2015, 10:07 AM
JohnP

Everyone's Contributing Great Ideas Here. Thanks.

Two Approaches Seem to Prevail Here:

1) Make Up a Few Actual Video's and Contact the Owners etc.

2) Make Up a Generic Video so the Potential FSBO Customer can See What They Can Have Made.

Here's an Idea for a Third:

3) Make an Actual Video for Each FSBO but Only Have It Be the First 20 Seconds (Give or Take) and then "Fade Out" to the Benefits and Call to Action.

This Third Option Might be the Happy Balance Between Generic and Full Size Real Deal Video.

Just a Thought I Wanted to Share.

John
Old April 13, 2015, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Default As long as we are tossing out ideas...

I like the partial idea, reminds me of Don's locked disc, you rec'd the product, just had to buy the keys to it.

I would like to see (or hear) a reason why the seller is selling.

Show them a 20 second video, and offer to add their voice over as to why they are selling and what they like about the house.

"Hi thanks for watching our video. The reason we are selling our house is because our children have grown and it is too much house for just the two of us, we want to move into a condo. We love this neighborhood, the kids could walk to school, there is nearby shopping and there hasn't been a crime in this area in 20 years, unless you count the guy who doesn't mow his lawn as much as the rest of us. But it is a well kept neighborhood, lots of school age kids, nearby stores, restaurants, very convenient location.

Our taxes are the best in the area and the city has the best services in the county. If you are looking for a safe environment to raise your family, an area with great parks and amenities, low crime and friendly people, please call and arrange a walk through.

We are not using a realtor because we don't want mobs of unqualified lookers tramping through our home.

Or commentary to match the video, maybe could get either more bux or faster and more responses???

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Everyone's Contributing Great Ideas Here. Thanks.

Two Approaches Seem to Prevail Here:

1) Make Up a Few Actual Video's and Contact the Owners etc.

2) Make Up a Generic Video so the Potential FSBO Customer can See What They Can Have Made.

Here's an Idea for a Third:

3) Make an Actual Video for Each FSBO but Only Have It Be the First 20 Seconds (Give or Take) and then "Fade Out" to the Benefits and Call to Action.

This Third Option Might be the Happy Balance Between Generic and Full Size Real Deal Video.

Just a Thought I Wanted to Share.

John
Old April 15, 2015, 08:04 AM
rebornatoz

Hi John,

Here's a great example on what one of the real estate agent has done.....a short 18 sec intro fade out and a call to action. He has done a couple more video intro for each of his property.

His Youtube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPzhU2diNN8

Regards.
Darren
Old April 15, 2015, 09:05 AM
TommyBoy

Default Re: As long as we are tossing out ideas...

Then send this script to the home owner along with 9 other ideas (piggybacking off the other thread related to ideas) free of charge. No selling. No pitches. Just throw them 10 ideas on how to market their home better. Or how to create a video. Give them the whole enchilada.

I think this falls into Cialdini's Law of Reciprocation, doesn't it?
Old April 15, 2015, 11:45 AM
Thomas

It looks like he is not getting any views to those properties though...
Old April 15, 2015, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Default Selling tools to miners.

Well, I don't know if either Realtors or FSBOs are increasing sales with video, but, it appears to be a gold rush to sell them the tools to create videos.

propertypanorama.com has the free tool, the pick and shovel, and a few upgrades, the power drills and automated power sluice boxes.

Of the several I checked using this software, only one made it to the first page of google as a thumbnail. Now, of course, EVERY address you type in is going to come up on page one and 99.99% of time in first position, why would it not?

As a sales advantage, I'm unconvinced it has much benefit re the actual sale of the home, but I do see the gold being mined by those offering the tools.

This is true for tradesman too, like ROOFERS, who seldom get a job because they have a video or a Page One ranking even, especially if they have questionable reviews on Angies list.

The rush to googlee video ranking may appear to be the Klondike, but not all the miners are going to strike it rich.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
It looks like he is not getting any views to those properties though...
Old April 16, 2015, 08:58 AM
bobmcalister

Default Re: Selling tools to miners.

This is true for tradesman too, like ROOFERS, who seldom get a job because they have a video or a Page One ranking even, especially if they have questionable reviews on Angies list.
would disagree vehemently about that since we have sold thousands of dollars worth of roofing strictly through videos.
The real estate video would work if properly optimized and seo-ed, it would come up on page one for relevant keyword searches.
I did this with the one broker who eventually screwed me out of 24k....took her from nowhere on mls list of brokers to number 9 ( whatever that means )in 90 days. Sold 12 homes...in the high 500's...strictly using videos...she owed me 2k per house for marketing...which she didnt pay ...anyway , I wouldnt work with another real estate broker unless I get paid in advance...they make too much for one sale, are cheap, and ego driven( painting with a big brush now)
Old April 16, 2015, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Default There you go, I may have to stand corrected.

Just to be clear, NO salesman was used, all orders came via phone or email or fax?

If you say the orders came without a meeting, then, yes, I do stand corrected.

If the video generated leads, then that is a different story.

As for the broker, honestly Bob, isn't that on you a little, how did you set it up? I would think after two and not getting paid, I'd be hesitant to do any more for this broker, but at least you learned a valuable lesson.

Gordon

PS Did you sell the homes or did the Realtor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcalister View Post
would disagree vehemently about that since we have sold thousands of dollars worth of roofing strictly through videos.
The real estate video would work if properly optimized and seo-ed, it would come up on page one for relevant keyword searches.
I did this with the one broker who eventually screwed me out of 24k....took her from nowhere on mls list of brokers to number 9 ( whatever that means )in 90 days. Sold 12 homes...in the high 500's...strictly using videos...she owed me 2k per house for marketing...which she didnt pay ...anyway , I wouldnt work with another real estate broker unless I get paid in advance...they make too much for one sale, are cheap, and ego driven( painting with a big brush now)