SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old October 30, 2006, 08:08 PM
ImpactYourArea.com

Default Hotsheet or Report?

Greetings Group,

On my catalog page, I'm going to place a link so that people can email me for my How-To information, in return I will collect their email address. When they email me, an autoresponder will send them my information in a pdf file.

In the past 6 months my site is getting 900-1000 visits, not hits, a month. With this type of traffic should it be a Hotsheet or Report?

Also I've updated my front page and have had many non-marketers view and give me their feedback. So I need for you to go back there view it and provide your feedback. Any additional advice would be helpful.

www.ImpactYourArea.com

From the Trouse
Woody Quiñones
PS. Only 1 day left in the offer below.
Old October 30, 2006, 09:29 PM
Pete Egeler

Default Re: Hotsheet or Report?

Woody,

I think a Hotsheet if you can get your message across. A full-blown report is a lot of work if you're getting mostly "tire kickers". On the other hand..

Woody, I gotta say it.. Don't care much for the font used on the first page. Other than that, everything seems to work pretty good.

Pete
Old October 31, 2006, 08:26 AM
Goldblogger

Default A Golf Ball -- And A 50' Garden Hose...

Aloha Woody,

I agree with Pete, a hotsheet is sufficient for what you describe.

I wrote the following email to my list today. I am including it, because it goes to the heart of your question.

And "YES" the title is made to get people to open it. My list expects the provocative from me.

Aloha,

Jason

A Golf Ball -- And A 50' Garden Hose...

Do you golf?

I don't.

One year, a chick I was "dating on a nightly basis" bought me a month's worth of lessons as a gift for my birthday. She was rich and owned a tour agency in Hawaii. A tour agency that catered solely to affluent golfers from Asia. I tried it out (talking about the golf, not the chick) -- and found that I hated it.

She did teach me a valuable lesson though:

Golfers are a gold mine.

They are rabid. They are insatiable. They are affluent. They are repeat buyers. In fact, you could say they are the PERFECT target market.

One of my favorite copywriters: John Carlton has made a nice living catering specifically to this niche. So has one other marketing genius, that you probably have never heard of...

His name is Gordon Jay Alexander and he worked under marketing genius Ben Saurez who's "Golfing Division" was a multi-million dollar a year part of the company, SCI. Gordon is a well know golf pro in Northeast Ohio.

I met Gordon last year, and we have become good friends. He was a Navy submariner (not EVERYONE can make it in the Marine Corps) and stationed in Hawaii -- so with that common bond, he began sharing some marketing secrets he has learned over the decades.

I want to share one of them with you, that makes a hell of a lot of sense. Something that I have been doing for a couple years -- but never really formalized into a strategy until meeting Gordon...

Over the past couple weeks I have been pumping out hotsheets.

What is a hotsheet?

It is nothing more than a 8"x11" (A4 for you Brits) sheet of paper, with 2-3 columns of densly-packed, "meaty" text covering a specific topic in depth.

It functions as a lead product to pull people into your marketing funnel.

The idea is that you can create a hotsheet in under an hour, and roll it out immediately to test a niche -- and build a list of customers. You can charge ($2-10) for your hotsheet.

If there is overwhelming interest in the information, you can beef it up, and roll out a more in-depth product (as a backend) -- which consists of a hotsheet and a cassette tape or CD -- and of course increase the price to $10-30.

If that works, you can expand the hotsheet and audio product again into a booklet or folio -- and increase the price even higher!

Get the idea?

You keep beefing up the product -- increasing the price --and rolling it out as a backend.

What I have found, is that a hotsheet does three KEY things:

1. It allows you, to quickly test a target market to see if it is HOT.

2. Builds a list of CUSTOMERS (NOT prospects!)

3. Re-coups your ad costs -- in effect allowing "free" advertising, testing and list building.

Do you see the power in hotsheets?

I strongly suggest that you get your hands on every product that Gordon puts out. I do, because it is all genius stuff.

I will try and get a link for you in the next couple of days to Gordon's new website. As Gordon often says, I want you to see how easy it is to:

"Make some dang money!"

Aloha and Semper fi,

Jason Cain
http://www.GoldBlogger.com

PS: In the next few days, I will be rolling out the newest version of my Guerilla Info-Product Creation Course. A course designed to exploit hotsheets and physical products. Be looking for a future email.

PSS. If you want to know more about HOTSHEETS, here is the place to find out about them:
http://makemoneyalert.com/hotsheet/hotsp.htm

Last edited by Goldblogger : October 31, 2006 at 01:46 PM.