SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 13, 2022, 02:53 PM

Default Re: You have 7 days to make a profit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Several years ago, when I offered my brand of coaching, it was usually for a year.

Today, if anyone asked for my advice/counsel/motivation...I would simply tell them, you have 7 days to make a profit.

What would you do?

Well, that is a pretty wide cloth to cut from, eh? So, offline, you already know my answer, as it has been for decades now, SELL something you already have.

But, even if you did Kondo your household down to a spoon and knife and fork in an all in one camping tool...then you would have to go outside of your home and do something else.

ONLINE? 7 Days? PROFITS? YIKES!!!

Bet most of you know my answer to that too, right? HOTSHEETS.

I'm testing software like SketchWow; excalidraw, canva, pictodraw...we've talked about them before. I can use Canva.

But consider this: For $118 I could easily get the SketchWow product, and start a Fivver career on making HOTSHEETS, and include Infographic in the description. OR, hire a five dollar Fiverr. for a basic gig.

Totally FREE? (BUT time to learn) would be OpenOffice, and maybe a template or two.

Having a drag and drop, like SketchWow, would allow one to create quickly and have ready to go in no time.

A couple of years ago, I bought Barb Ling's HOTSHEET (She called it a cheatsheet, if I recall correctly), for around 4 dollars, it was reported she made over $1,000.00 in a day or two. NOT bad for a one piece of paper with nothing but links on it, is it?

Free or paid, no matter, most of my HOTSHEETS were created in a Document, and then played around with.

WHY would I want my 'student' to make a profit in 7 days? Because of the fast action from idea to cash.

See, I know for a fact.
A fact of life.

Absolute FACT, that majority overthink, over GOALIZE (wth??), and spend too much time getting all the ducks in the row before they fire off.

So, how to, or steps? What is needed?

Today, maybe spend two hours on WIX, watch a video tutorial and set up a free site.

FREE> how about DROPBOX, has made me thousands of dollars since it first came out, without ever an upgrade.
Free> Google Docs. Dien and I just discussed some BIG ticket promotions, like 20 thousand dollars a year, being sold via a Google Doc.

There are those who think they have to learn all sorts of things, but I couldn't or wouldn't work with them.

START.

Create a HOTSHEET. Post it up, somewhere...put a PAY button on it and there you have a product in force, and with just one or two sales, a PROFIT.

Now, if your HOTSHEET is some arcane subject, like The Ohio Valley Ghosts of Mrs. Saginaw, a modern thriller. Probably need the 3 ghost nerds who have ever heard of her in your marketing sights.

How to get FREE software to make money today, might find a bigger barrel to shoot into.

But what I would do with my 'student', is have them first provide an ASSESSMENT of skills, knowledge, experiences and from there, focus on a HOTSHEET which had the most back end potential.

7 Days to Profits, or leave me alone.

Questions? Comments? Always welcome.

Gordon

I like the idea of a HOTSHEET simply because it is simple. This got me to thinking.

Glenn Osborn has discussed his newsletter experience at the Jay Abraham conferences in various places. This newsletter concept for businesses is a very good one. Could the newsletter concept be used with a HOTSHEET?

Would this HOTSHEET be valuable enough to charge a premium price for it?

How would you make it valuable enough to charge a premium price?

With such a valuable HOTSHEET, say, delivered monthly, would it make sense to sell it face-to-face?

I know it is a lot of questions, but all this talk of HOTSHEETS just got me into overdrive.