SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 24, 2015, 03:44 PM
Don Alm

Default How To REALLY make money with "MOBILE"

OK.....Google gives websites an Ultimatum on April 21.....3 days ago. "If you do NOT make your site "Mobile-Friendly" by April 21, 2015...we will Demote your ranking for the KeyWords you're using !"

So.....most website owners could care less! Most website owners don't have a clue what this means......UNTIL.....their "web-guy" or someone else alerts them to the FACT that.....because their Website is Not Mobile-Friendly.....it will NOT be listed in the Top 2 or 3 PAGES for their Keyword...after they've spent THOUSANDS on SEO to have their Site Listed on Page ONE for the KeyWord !

And......hundreds, if not thousands of "Sales People" thought that THIS.....could be a "Cashola-Armageddon"....so...they have been Swamping site owners with THEIR "Answer" to this problem.

So.....when I heard about this I thought, "Hey! Great way to make some Quick Bux" (as did thousands of other Marketing Guys) ......just notify website owners that G is "demoting" their website if it is NOT Mobile-Friendly!

So.....I.....as a "still active" Marketing Guy.....jumped on the "Band-Wagon" only to find that.....dealing with the "Personal -Idiosyncracies" of WebSIte Owners is.....A BEAR!

Now....you may not be bothered by "persnicketeyness" of site owners BUT, it REALLY go to me (after going back and forth over "minor" details).....I THREW UP MY HANDS AND DECLARED.....NO MORE!

I do NOT want to constantly be at the WHIMS of site owners so......what's the answer?

MY "Answer" is......create a Website where participants (aka Paying Clients) do NOT get a say in ........COLOR.....Photos.....Anything; They either want what I'm offering or they don't!

So......I went back to a project I began a few yrs ago...."MOBI DIRECTORIES"!

These are where I make a Mobile-Directory for a Town......insert Categories, with a few websites Already Participating. (Take a look at www.mobisiteindex.com/princeton and www.mobisiteindex.com/braintree)

Now.....only the first 1 or 2 Food Categories are "Live" but they will give you an idea of what I'm aiming for. (Note: These sites were made for 2 buddies who chose not to follow thru)

So.....I am putting together some "Mobile Directory Sites" for other towns and proceeding to fill in PAYing Participants.

And.....my Mobile Directory Sites will NOW include many more Niches than Restaurants. HEY!.......MEMORIAL DAY is a month away! The TOURISTS ARE COMING! "Help local Biz to GRAB the Attention of some of these Travelers"

And......the MAIN way I am getting Paying Participants into these is by using a Software (by Will Riley in OZ) called "Squeeze Robot" (I have NO affilitiation)

What I do......to find Prospects from Suspects is send a "Message" to local Biz (in their FB account).....offering a FREE thingee that is of Value to their business. Get the "Check-Writers" to ENTER their Contact Info and......I then proceed to contact them to go to my Sales Page.

Note: I've found that Biz Owners (ie: Biz Owners, Service Biz, Doctors, Dentists, Chiros, Accountants......etc) PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR FACEBOOK "MESSAGES"!

Anyways......thanks for letting me post info that I believe can help some here to make some moolah!

Don Alm......long-time Moolah-Guy

Last edited by Dien Rice : April 24, 2015 at 08:33 PM. Reason: fixed URL