SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 22, 2017, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Default Mining Golf tips for Marketing Gold

It has been 25 years since the peak of my golf biz, and over 30 since I wrote my golf book, THINK AND REACH PAR (available as a pdf, 20 bux via paypal).

This morning I told two guys the same thing, a bit differently. To one I said, "You are all over the map." To the other I wrote:, "You're scattered like autumn leaves in a Sept. zephyr", (feeling poetic).

Many golf students heard me say, "You are all over the course, FOCUS and hit the ball where you need it to go."

Note that I said "need" to the golfer, not want. See, they all wanted to get on the green and into the cup, but most of the shots needed to be hit somewhere less than the ideal BECAUSE...

they screwed up and got into trouble.

I see a lot of similarities this week with many of you, so I'm going to use my golf tips to help you in your business/money making endeavors.

It starts with my first golf lesson, which was HIT THE BALL. Here is what that lesson looks like today from a very hot Copywriting GURU:

https://www.facebook.com/CultOfCopyPRDept/posts/549645402035824:0

Colin Theriot's version. You wanna write copy? Write!

I made them hit the ball so I could see exactly what they were bringing to the game. For the majority, not much.

I knew back then, you had to begin with what you had, where you were at and then plan your progress and execute your plan.

In golf there are FOUR shots, according to ME...TARP

Tee...Approach...Recovery...Putts

With the TEE shot, four KEY ideas; Target-Alignment-Relax-Perform

By using the TARP system, one of my students was never confused or angry about what their thinking should be, the TARP System forced them to THINK and helped eliminate mental mistakes.

OK, say you would like to have an Automatic Product Vending (APV) site. Let's create a TARP to cover your key thoughts, OK?

Target- Who is your market, where do you want the pdf file to go?
Advertisement- Call it promotion, sales page, but you have to have a PLACE which sells your report. It is your ACTION.
Reaction- You need to drive traffic, the TARGET, to your place and they have to react with a purchase. They put money in your vending machine, your product comes out.
Profits. First, you have to get one, then MATH it up. Add up your score, see if you can increase % of visitors, of buyers, increase price, have back ends.

Now this is a simplified THOUGHT concept.

Who are you trying to sell something to? It is like, where do you want the ball to go? On the tee, golfers don't grip and rip, they have to look to where they want to hit the dang thing.

Instead of being all over the place, floating like a leaf over Forest Gump's shoulder, you can Narrow down your focus...and get started.

Some of you are like the guy who sits in the club house and plans his perfect round, and even visualizes his success, and sees himself writing down a 65 on the scorecard...

but never gets to the first Tee, or the second shot, and by then most perfect rounds have ended.

You've got to start. You must hit the ball. Good golf is all about playing with your best swing at the time...even top pros can't maintain perfect swings, so they KNOW trouble lurks, RECOVERY shots are inevitable.

Corrections will be made on the course. Like the zig zag inside the Pyramid of Accomplishment, adjustment and continue, or, QUIT, I've seen frustrated golfers walk off the course. AND plenty of IM or wannabe Entrepreneurs give up.

OH here is the POA, if you forgot:

http://sowpub.com/sq1/poa.php

Anyhow, this is important to me to get this point across, so I may be focused on it for this week.

FORE!

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : March 22, 2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old March 23, 2017, 11:59 AM
TreborRevo

Default Re: Mining Golf tips for Marketing Gold

Great advice!

I don't play golf... So, Please, a fishing metaphor next time.

Love the TARP "guidance system".