SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old August 2, 2011, 12:21 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Free ice cream! but... it's Adults only!

I just read this...

Dove ice-cream is giving away free ice cream - but...

You gotta be over 18!

Of course, this is a promotional "publicity stunt"... It may be smart though. Ice-cream is often something we think about kids loving - but "adults only" is the twist here! It's also smart - as adults generally are the ones with the money to spend!

You can read more about it here...

http://www.baltimoremagazine.net/ing...ce-cream-truck

The "free adults-only ice cream" tour is happening in Chicago, Minneapolis, and Baltimore...

I always like good "unusual" marketing ideas...

Could "adults only" (or other restrictions) be applied to other products, to get publicity?

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : August 2, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old August 4, 2011, 04:42 AM
Cornell

Default Re: Free ice cream! but... it's Adults only!

On Fathers Day this June placards were placed in my city at just about every corner that had a stoplight.

Fathers Day...Free ice cream for Dad bring him between 7pm and 9pm

Must have worked pretty well because the placards have now all been replaced with 2 for 1 ice cream every Tuesday between 7pm - 9pm.

Giving Dad free ice cream is a great ploy as the kids are going to take him and they are going to want it too..... win/win promotion.
Old August 4, 2011, 04:29 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default More free ice cream (and other stuff)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornell View Post
On Fathers Day this June placards were placed in my city at just about every corner that had a stoplight.

Fathers Day...Free ice cream for Dad bring him between 7pm and 9pm

Must have worked pretty well because the placards have now all been replaced with 2 for 1 ice cream every Tuesday between 7pm - 9pm.

Giving Dad free ice cream is a great ploy as the kids are going to take him and they are going to want it too..... win/win promotion.
Hi Cornell,

Thanks for sharing that... That is a fantastic promotion!

I can just imagine kids dragging Dad in for his free ice-cream... only to also get some ice-cream themselves...!

I also noticed that Baskin-Robbins have a "birthday club" - where you can get a free ice-cream on your birthday... (You can find more info on their website.)

By the way, the Baskin-Robbins ice cream chain is relatively new here in Australia, and I noticed, at least in my experience, they're always offering you a free taste of the flavors you're thinking about getting. I've never encountered that in any other ice cream store here. I think it's a great idea and business practice! I'm sure it will win them new fans, and also added loyalty...

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. I also found this good article, on where to get free stuff on your birthday... Who doesn't like "free"? Some of these are really "free", while others are coupons (and so would still require spending some money)

http://long-island.newsday.com/resta...hday-1.1709261
Old August 9, 2011, 10:08 AM
jennaentrust

Default Re: Free ice cream! but... it's Adults only!

There should be more ice cream shops!