SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 23, 2020, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Default News by the minute. World Wide report.

More lock downs, stay at home.

I'm tuning into a couple of news channels right now.

From "this will be over by July 4th" TO

"This will last for two years and kill millions."

And everything in between. It is serious, and once I get THIS hours updates, then I'll be back with some world wide takes on this. Waiting for my kid in NYC who has symptoms and getting tested this afternoon, so my thoughts are there until I hear back. Keeping my fingers crossed.

To be continued.

Gordon
Old March 23, 2020, 11:42 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: News by the minute. World Wide report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
More lock downs, stay at home.

I'm tuning into a couple of news channels right now.

From "this will be over by July 4th" TO

"This will last for two years and kill millions."

And everything in between. It is serious, and once I get THIS hours updates, then I'll be back with some world wide takes on this. Waiting for my kid in NYC who has symptoms and getting tested this afternoon, so my thoughts are there until I hear back. Keeping my fingers crossed.

To be continued.
Hi Gordon,

I hope she's okay... If she should happen to get it, I hope she gets the "mild" symptoms only...

- Dien
Old March 23, 2020, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Default She has been "phone" diagnosed by a doc, and not just her but many friends, roomates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

I hope she's okay... If she should happen to get it, I hope she gets the "mild" symptoms only...

- Dien

She was told to ASSUME she has it. Same thing 5 different people got from 5 different doctors. I'm a little PO'd, but understanding.

She is symptomatic, the cough, fever, some other things. The doctor said even if she tested positive, there is nothing they could do for her and trip in and back would be a bad idea. They don't have enough TESTS (the doctors) apparently they are being sent to hospitals, to test those most in the targeted groups.

She and her 30 something friends, all in good health, non smokers, casual drinkers with no health problems all were told the same thing. There is a lot of bad, poor and downright disinformation out there about the TESTS and having them available to anyone...NOT so in NYC, which is now Ground Zero.

I get the fact she is young and healthy, and the fact they can't do anything if she has Covid 19 or any flu, it just infuriates me as a FATHER to see that Pro basketball players and Hollywood types are being tested.

Since it doesn't make a difference on her course of activities (getting well), I also understand the medical stance. I'm not joining the finger pointers, but I got to say...

when you have a loved one with it (or APPARENTLY)...

takes things to a whole different level. 00000000

I've lost interest for now in posting anything else about what is going on, I'm going to focus on taking care of mine. Good luck ya all.

Gordon
Old March 23, 2020, 06:56 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: She has been "phone" diagnosed by a doc, and not just her but many friends, roomates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
She was told to ASSUME she has it. Same thing 5 different people got from 5 different doctors. I'm a little PO'd, but understanding.

She is symptomatic, the cough, fever, some other things. The doctor said even if she tested positive, there is nothing they could do for her and trip in and back would be a bad idea. They don't have enough TESTS (the doctors) apparently they are being sent to hospitals, to test those most in the targeted groups.

She and her 30 something friends, all in good health, non smokers, casual drinkers with no health problems all were told the same thing. There is a lot of bad, poor and downright disinformation out there about the TESTS and having them available to anyone...NOT so in NYC, which is now Ground Zero.

I get the fact she is young and healthy, and the fact they can't do anything if she has Covid 19 or any flu, it just infuriates me as a FATHER to see that Pro basketball players and Hollywood types are being tested.

Since it doesn't make a difference on her course of activities (getting well), I also understand the medical stance. I'm not joining the finger pointers, but I got to say...

when you have a loved one with it (or APPARENTLY)...

takes things to a whole different level. 00000000

I've lost interest for now in posting anything else about what is going on, I'm going to focus on taking care of mine. Good luck ya all.
Hi Gordon,

I'm very sorry to hear this diagnosis of your daughter... I met her (only once), when she was in her year 12 play (as you know)...

I hope and pray for the best outcome for her...

The whole thing is a huge fiasco, in almost every country...

I'm also primarily focused on my own health, and that of my family and friends...

As I've mentioned before, I'm "high risk" - and my two brothers are too. Plus I have pregnant wife in addition to that to worry about...

You have to focus on your own health, and that of your family and friends as priority number one...

- Dien