SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old February 20, 2021, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Default HOTSHEETS OF 1975, and 1997

My first HOTSHEETS report was written in 1997, a few light years ahead of PLR, and all of today's "printables" products. I wrote about plans, patterns, flashcards, one page thingys...based on what Joe Karbo showed me in 75-76.

A hotsheet is usually a single piece of paper with an expiration date.

If I feel up to it this evening, after my C-19 vaccination, I'll have more to say on this because, many think this is all NEW, and it is heavily promoted among the Affiliate marketing crowd.

It is great to see others run with the idea.

A single sheet of paper, created the right way and TARGETED to your niche, can be the first step toward your Information Empire.

More to follow, maybe.

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : February 21, 2021 at 12:22 PM.
Old February 22, 2021, 12:37 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: HOTSHEETS OF 1975, and 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
My first HOTSHEETS report was written in 1997, a few light years ahead of PLR, and all of today's "printables" products. I wrote about plans, patterns, flashcards, one page thingys...based on what Joe Karbo showed me in 75-76.

If I feel up to it this evening, after my C-19 vaccination, I'll have more to say on this because, many think this is all NEW, and it is heavily promoted among the Affiliate marketing crowd.

A single sheet of paper, created the right way and TARGETED to your niche, can be the first step toward your Information Empire.

More to follow, maybe.
Hi Gordon,

I hope the injection went okay!

Hotsheets are amazing...

One thing is, most books are full of "fluff"... A lot of "padding" in addition to the nuggets of gold...

But... You don't need the fluff...

Condense it into a hotsheet... For many, it's even more valuable this way...

Best wishes!

Dien
Old February 24, 2021, 02:58 PM

I can't see digital hotsheets having success here in Portugal.

Maybe offline?

Niche E-books here far as I my own experience don't have success, seems maybe people only buy best-seller authors (fiction and not-fiction).

I don't see anyone having success selling e-books here. Maybe because no one knows how to advertise them correctly?

That's why I don't see digital hotsheets having success here.

Am I missing something?

Your opinions would be welcomed.

Thanks.
Old February 24, 2021, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

More to follow, maybe.

Gordon

I have often wondered how a hotsheet based on the lottery would work at local markets or service stations. However, it seems that delivery might be a hassle just because delivering boatloads of hotsheets everywhere would be time consuming and pricey.
Old February 24, 2021, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Default We did that, and you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
I have often wondered how a hotsheet based on the lottery would work at local markets or service stations. However, it seems that delivery might be a hassle just because delivering boatloads of hotsheets everywhere would be time consuming and pricey.

We had our lucky picks in select Ohio lottery retailers, mostly mom and pop convenience stores, liquor stores, tobacco shops. They sat on the counter, some places had a dozen or more. In fact, Pete Egeler wanted to do the Lottery but his area wasn't good for it and he then did very well with his Tennessee Hunting and Fishing Hotsheet, using pretty much the same model.

Today, the Internet is the place to post your lottery hotsheet, and get members to pay for it...although, having been there/done that, one must welcome the slop and mess of dealing with people too...and my mudders just don't fit any more.

So, TODAY, I would mostly suggest Online or Virtual/Internet Hotsheets, which is what much of the affiliate marketing crowd offers in their instant publishing or their "printibles" products.

Tickets, offers like on a postcard, and a few other items would still work offline too.

IF I were to do it, now... it would all be of a APV, with all automation and Me left out of the equation.

Thanks Millard, I am going to post something about the history of hotsheets, mail lists and direct marketing. Thanks for the prod.

Gordon
Old February 25, 2021, 08:19 AM

Gordon,

Looking forward to your report on Hotsheets, etc.

I've always liked the concept of selling info simply because it is so profitable.

The challenge of info selling on the net, is that it is often "given away" after being sold. Hence, the rise of private groups or sites that folks have to pay for to get access. That may very well be the answer.

HOWEVER, using this model takes more work than I want if it is updated daily.
It can be used as a membership site with updates periodically, which I like better.

This may be off-track about hotsheets, but things to think about a bit.

Millard
Old February 25, 2021, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Default Take my wife, please. The thieves of time.

Hat to Henny. If you know, you know.

Anyhow, infuse information with personality, let them steal it.

Millard, guys like us, that is, not exactly Spring chickens...eh? should avoid as much slop and mess as is possible. Automate, make things easy, and let it all go. I would estimate that 80% of my profits come from Lifetime Value and I have many customers today...

which bought from me only after

they had been given a report or information by someone else. In simple terms I've had a lot of stuff stolen. But if they want the "rest of the story", they have to come back to me to get it, the guy who gave them or sold MY stuff to them doesn't have the ability to answer questions based in reality.

Your advantage is your experience. Most magic tricks could probably be shown in a two page pdf, which can be sold, and within it a link to the next in line. Or then a link to your course on getting gigs. Or your course on presentations.

I call it a loop, actually did a small get together on it...you LOOP your work together and if you use APV sites, then it is OK with me to have some of the work get distributed by others without worry.

YOU have enough information to create several loops and never have to deal with a customer, everything being automated.

Nothing new, same concept I discussed many years ago but what is so good news today is...all the software at the ready to do the heavy lifting for you. Create or acquire INFORMATION and start a loop and if ambitious at all (NOT me for sure), then you include affiliates in your loop and let them promote.

But then, I have been known as Loopy Gordo HA!

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Gordon,

Looking forward to your report on Hotsheets, etc.

I've always liked the concept of selling info simply because it is so profitable.

The challenge of info selling on the net, is that it is often "given away" after being sold. Hence, the rise of private groups or sites that folks have to pay for to get access. That may very well be the answer.

HOWEVER, using this model takes more work than I want if it is updated daily.
It can be used as a membership site with updates periodically, which I like better.

This may be off-track about hotsheets, but things to think about a bit.

Millard
Old February 25, 2021, 04:24 PM

Thanks Gordon for reminding me of the real value of my experience.

Your wisdom of reminding me of the real profits coming back from folks needing more gave me an AHA moment.

The folks here are extremely fortunate that you have the ability to drill things down to the real nitty-gritty and make things... SIMPLE... SIMPLE... SIMPLE.

Thank you for giving me a virtual slap in the head.

Warmly,

Millard