SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old September 15, 2008, 01:45 PM
Adman

Default A "Short-Term" Money Making Project

Here's an idea I got last week that I'm going to implement. Thought I'd share it with you folks;

In case you haven't been watching the news lately in the Presdential election...John McCain picked a pretty woman from Alaska to be his VP. This woman was a small town Mayor, rides SnowMobiles, Shoots Rifles, goes Moose and Caribou Hunting...and is now the Guvner of the State.

Because of her "Conservative" beliefs (Anti-Abortion. Her 5th child is Downes Syndrom and she and her husband knew before the birth and chose to let the baby LIVE)...the Libs in the country (especially the Women Libs) have lined up against her and are trying to destroy her.

I live in a "rural" community with farms and crops and people with "conservative" values and beliefs. What this woman, SARAH PALIN has done to energize my little community is absolutely amazing.

People who were NOT even going to vote this time, because the 2 candidates for Pres are not appealing to them...ARE NOW ON FIRE...because of THIS ONE Woman.

Some have called it, "The Palin Factor".

Anyway...as I was talking with a few buddies yesterday, I got one of my "Hot Flashes". I said, Hey! Why don't we put a Bumper Sticker on our trucks that say,

..............."I'm Pullin' For Palin!"

The guys thought that was a great idea and would gladly put a bumper sticker with those words on their vehicles. So....I thought...why don't I design a Bumper Sticker and sell them on Ebay and a Website called;

"www.ImPullinForPalin.com"

So...I grabbed the domain. Now...I'm having my Graphics gal design a Bumper Sticker and Name Tags and I'll be checking suppliers.

Maybe I can sell a few thousand of these before the election.

Who knows! As I always say, "Ya Never Know Unless Ya Try!"

Food for thought in this beautiful Sept weekend.

Don Alm in "rural "Conservative" America"
Old September 16, 2008, 12:16 AM
Phil

Default Re: A "Short-Term" Money Making Project

Had to try and wake everyone up here...

Is everyone sleeping?

Don,

Nothing personal...

But since Obama and company is a Marketing Genius...

Putting politics aside...

Go for the Money...
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=obama

Afterall the latest...

'Sarah Palin Phenomenon Is Doomed'
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gla...nomenon-doomed

Bet there's a bunch of Fresh innovative Election business ideas just waiting to happen...

Just like the following success story...

Always make sure to keep an open mind when it comes to things like Death, Taxes, Politics and Religion...

You just never know...

How A Lost Election Made One Man A Multimillionaire
http://nichegeek.com/how_a_lost_elec...imillionair e

Phil

Last edited by Phil : September 16, 2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: additional info
Old September 16, 2008, 12:38 AM
Adman

Hey Phil...ya gotta stop readin' dose Left-Wingee Whacko Blogs.

And...da reporters fer da NY Times & Wash Post....yep...dey is sure correct on evrting dey write about. Dats why dere readership is dropping like an elevator.

Us dummies in farm country don't know nuthin'...we'd jus' like to have a "I'm Pullin For Palin" bumper sticker on our pickemups so wee kin let da libbies behind us git an eyeful.

Don "hick in da sticks" Alm
Whoops...gotta go out to da fields agin an git me nother piece o straw to suck on.
Old September 16, 2008, 01:10 AM
Garth

Seems like Palin would tie in well with guns since we have a number of vids put out by the gun totin bible thumping conservatives showing her pulling the trigger.

T Shirts with catchy slogans like:

"I Shoot For Palin"
"Chicks With Guns Get My Vote"
"Palin, Cheney, I'm Fired Up"

Also be on the look out for memoribillia.

So an old Palin high school yearbook probably will go for a pretty(pun intended) penny.
Old September 16, 2008, 01:27 AM
Scott S.

Default Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

Monday, September 15, 2008
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows John McCain attracting 49% of the vote while Barack Obama earns 47%.

I think Don might be right on this one. My idea was to get a caricature drawing of Pres. Carter and mix and match it with an Obama caricature drawing. Slogan - Four more years.
Old September 17, 2008, 12:43 AM
Pappy

Default My open minded thoughts on religion....

"get right or get left" That saying works well in politics too!

Pappy
Old September 17, 2008, 03:59 AM

Thanks Don for thinking of making and selling political stickers.

I personally think that the best time for Palin stickers would have been 7-10 days ago. (Because at least according to some polls, her ratings have started to decline after peaking at 52%.) The next best time is today.

If your goal is to make a point, then Palin stickers is a good idea. But if the goal is to make loads of fungolas, then why not make stickers for both sides of the campaign?

Remember the story of the a cat and a dog fighting over a piece bread? And a monkey making the most of it by helping them divide the bread in 2 equal parts (and taking a bite out of the bigger part) - until nothing was left?

Last edited by Ankesh : September 17, 2008 at 04:31 AM.
Old September 17, 2008, 03:57 PM
Andy

Smile How 'bout dis idear

I heard about it today. You know the guy who has the aunt who sold a lot of pancake batter? Well, now someone is selling Obama Waffles.
Old February 26, 2009, 11:49 AM
bbforbis

Wink Re: A "Short-Term" Money Making Project

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and read your post regarding bumper stickers. My hubby and I had planned to start our own business, but THANKS to the bone heads in congress, and our current administration, I fear, that it will be more difficult to do so. At least for now until the American folks start to realize that the Left Wingers are taking over our country.

Your bumper sticker idea intrigues me, I was wondering if you could suggest a place where one could purchase a small reasonable priced quantity to get started with.
Old February 26, 2009, 12:19 PM
-TW

Try these friendly folks...

http://ny.citysquares.com/troy/resta...ting-sign-shop

Please tell them Timothy Wenk says hello!

-- TW