SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old June 25, 2015, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Default $125.00 a day with free (or cheap) pallets and lights.

First, I don't YET have a picture, my friend is sort of secretive about this, but I can give you the gist of what he does...

he turns free pallets into 'A' frame street signs.

This is a similar product, a wood frame chalk board

http://toronto.freeadstime.org/free-...medium=twitter

Instead of a chalk board he uses melamine, puts a string of lights which run off of a rechargeable battery and offers an upsell to a NEON kit with black light,

He sells at least one a day for 150 and sez there is 125 profit in it, his teenage son helps on Saturday where they make at least 6 for the coming week. The battery and charger is the expensive part, about 18 bucks.

It sounds like a good project for dads and sons/daughters.

We've discussed wood pallets before, and street signs, you have to be in an area where they are allowed, this guy has NO cords on the street always a concern, and always a battery charged and ready.

Don't know many details, he says he just carries it in, and usually can sell it in about 15 mins after a few stores.

Maybe some of you handy guys might get into this for some easy daily dough, not ME, me and a hammer spell broken fingers (been there done that) but if you like to work in the garage, this might be fun.

He also makes small tables, bedside like, from the leftover wood.

Maybe you can think of other good uses for pallets, they are easy to come by.

gjabiz

PS Will post pics if he overcomes his paranoia of being ripped off. He works in FL, don't see how a guy in Ohio could bother him, but I respect his privacy.

Gordon

PS I don't think he figures in labor costs.

Last edited by GordonJ : June 25, 2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old June 26, 2015, 05:59 AM
teamplayer

Default Re: $125.00 a day with free (or cheap) pallets and lights.

Thanks Gordon for the info. There was a thread a while back on selling home made A Frame signs to local stores and they sold well. I wonder what other items local businesses might buy. Must be some some really profitable items out there that can be sourced real cheap and local businesses would buy.
If anyone has ideas let us know.

Trevor

Last edited by teamplayer : June 26, 2015 at 05:59 AM. Reason: sentence jumbled
Old June 26, 2015, 11:13 AM
sandalwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
Thanks Gordon for the info. There was a thread a while back on selling home made A Frame signs to local stores and they sold well. I wonder what other items local businesses might buy. Must be some some really profitable items out there that can be sourced real cheap and local businesses would buy.
If anyone has ideas let us know.

Trevor

Trevor,

It would seem to me anything business uses that can be sourced real cheap would be bought by local businesses. Let's take printer cartridges. Our office bought them at Office Depot. We did some research and found them at half the price. Guess where we bought them.

The trick of course lies in the sourcing. Most of us don't want to take the time to do the research. But if you do, money can be made.

Here is a real live example. I'll leave out the name as I don't want anyone thinking it is an affiliate link. Vacations.

Yep, vacations. It is a 7 trillion dollar a year business world wide. You can get a 4 or 5 star hotel package for less than all those TV advertised sites. Take Trivago. They claim to have the lowest price. Nope. This company does.

What's the difference? Well money obviously. Trivago makes more when prices are higher even though they have lower prices than Kayak and the others. The other difference is the guys who started this company did a lot of research and found a way to not only make a lot of money but have a real live savings program.

I wonder how many of us are willing to do that kind of leg work and then follow it up with the action it takes to market the program.

Just my 2¢...
Old June 26, 2015, 03:07 PM
teamplayer

Ok, so where did you buy the cartridges? Also, I think no one will mind if you give the name of the vacation company Full disclosure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Trevor,

It would seem to me anything business uses that can be sourced real cheap would be bought by local businesses. Let's take printer cartridges. Our office bought them at Office Depot. We did some research and found them at half the price. Guess where we bought them.

The trick of course lies in the sourcing. Most of us don't want to take the time to do the research. But if you do, money can be made.

Here is a real live example. I'll leave out the name as I don't want anyone thinking it is an affiliate link. Vacations.

Yep, vacations. It is a 7 trillion dollar a year business world wide. You can get a 4 or 5 star hotel package for less than all those TV advertised sites. Take Trivago. They claim to have the lowest price. Nope. This company does.

What's the difference? Well money obviously. Trivago makes more when prices are higher even though they have lower prices than Kayak and the others. The other difference is the guys who started this company did a lot of research and found a way to not only make a lot of money but have a real live savings program.

I wonder how many of us are willing to do that kind of leg work and then follow it up with the action it takes to market the program.

Just my 2¢...
Old June 30, 2015, 08:51 PM
ernie

you can message me the vacation link i wont mind