SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old December 23, 2008, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Photo Of Tesla Coil Shooting Electricity Thru the Air

Thanks Glenn.

My opinion = Tesla is a genius. But his free electricity from earth's frequency was a pipe dream. It never worked. This is just my opinion.

I base my opinion on the knowledge that Tesla's patents are public domain. And yet - no one has been able to find success in generating electricity from Earth using the information from his patents. As far as I know - Tesla has never proven the generation of electricity using Earth-resonance principles himself - even on a smaller scale.

Also - I dont think JP Morgan was a fool. Morgan is the guy who saved US economy twice. Dont you think he could have thought of a way of charging for the electricity generated by Tesla's ideas - even though Tesla may have wanted to make it available for free?

In 1900 - Morgan backed Tesla and invested $150,000 for the building of Tesla Tower. In 1903 - when the Tesla tower was nearing completion - it was still not functional. At that time, Morgan asked Tesla how would they make money. And Tesla said that he intended to make electricity free. Everyone remembers that Morgan then stopped backing the building of Tesla Tower. No one remembers that the Tesla Tower had never been functional.

I may be wrong - but I dont think Tesla managed to generate free electricity from Earth.

(As far as I know - JP Morgan didn't bankrupt Tesla. He just stopped his funding of the Tesla tower. Also George Westinghouse didn't stop his payments to Tesla. The patents to AC current that Westinghouse had bought expired. He didn't have to pay Tesla anymore.)
Old December 24, 2008, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

Default Rotating 68 Foot Tower To Be Built in Dubai

Dear Ankesh,

Thanks.

Although I've read all Tesla's books and much about him.

I don't think we'll ever know what happened.

Tesla invented stuff in his head.

He was a dreamer. Not a business man.

I must admit that I find it fascinating that nobody (for 100 years) seems to be able to duplicate or surpass this ONE Man.

Anyway.

Speaking of genius.

Have you seen the YouTube videos of this 68 story Hi-rise that Rotates?

Each floor rotates!

If you own that floor - you can push a button and SPIN.

Self supporting energy and electricity.

The good thing about having trillions of our oil money is the Sheik in Dubai is exploring crazy new ideas NOBODY else will try.

A good test ground.

A lot like the NEW discoveries that came from the Apollo Space program. Or out of Nicola Tesla's head.

You keep what works. Throw the rest away.

Glenn

http://www.ablogwithadifference.com/...big-thing.html
Old July 23, 2010, 08:24 AM
Henry1

Default Re: It's time for those 2009 Trend predictions... Share your Secrets...

The home-made electric generator should not take you very long to make. Even a large machine, made with the intention of creating an alternative source of energy to power your entire home, should take no more than half a morning or so to build, even for those who would not normally undertake such an electrical home improvement project.

Good luck..!
Old July 23, 2010, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Default Re: A dark and dire outlook for 2009. HOW Wrong was I?

OK, how far off was I back in Dec. 08?

I forecast DIRE. It wasn't as bad as I THOUGHT, so that is a good thing.

The recession did continue and is still far from over with, and I'm thinking today, we're still not at the bottom.

Riots in the streets? Only on the border towns and mostly because one drug lord couldn't take out the other one.

As long as we keep the supply of drugs flowing to the inner cities and suburbs of America, we may stave off the rioting for awhile longer. It has always been part of the plan. There has NEVER been a "War on Drugs". We couldn't afford to have the supply cut off.

Shortages haven't yet hit, but the train hasn't stopped either. A long train takes many miles to slow down and stop. However, the rich are getting what they believe is a hedge against the coming INFLATION by buying up gold and silver, to all time price highs. Meanwhile, the beans and rice and toilet paper are slowly creeping up, almost undetected.

Unemployment in double digits? In many areas. Or close to it.

The inflation has been postponed by the bailouts and printing of money. Still on my radar.

Housing? You tell me how your area is doing? And along with that, how about the number of vacancies in older "shopping" areas? How ya all doing with that?

We do have record number of Gov't workers, a trend which will continue, at the expense of us all.

Russia? The bear may not have come fully awake, but we've heard more about her recently than in the last several years. DON'T forget about Russia.

The sky did NOT fall, however, it may have come down a few feet.

Man made disasters due to "infrastructure" failing? One might argue the oil wells have infrastructure which apparently were in need of some attention. Actually, I'm amazed we didn't see more of these stories, especially in the electric grid, water supply.

Natural disasters? An easy thing to predict? We'll have another one, and then another. And then another.

Worldwide meltdown? Seriously Gordon?

Hey, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, etc. are all OK now, right? And China is smokin and growing. And North Korea... what's there to say about it. The "meltdown" may be a slower burning pot of stew than I thought.

Those of you that thought in late 08 the recession was NOT a big deal, please come back and make your case that is wasn't/isn't.

Although most of YOU did OK, or as good as always, there were a few people who did indeed have a dire and dark 09.

Now, midway through 2010, I see nothing but good times, world peace and brotherhood and unprecedented consumerism...and enough Entertainment to soothe our souls no matter how bad the pessimists see things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Phil,

You know me well.

A dark and dire forecast for 2009.

Well, the one trend that will continue is the Recession/Depression. And for Michael Ross, NO, I haven’t been reading my Kurt Saxon, but it might be a good time for all of us to start.

I see Martial Law in the streets of America with armed thugs and riots the likes we haven’t seen since the 60’s. I see shortages. In fact, when the rich guys start hoarding the gold and diamonds, the rest of us should stockpile toilet paper and rice.

There will NOT be any segment of the American and world economy that isn’t going to be greatly impacted in the next 6 months. You will see unemployment in double digits. Inflation/Deflation (a made up word for OOOPS Sorry about that) at record highs.

The housing market has NOT even bottomed out yet.

In 2009, more people than at any time in history will be personally effected by a natural disaster including wild fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, twisters and more by man created ones including infrastructure failure.

The numbers of Gov’t employees will increase substantially in the first 6 months while the debt reaches heretofore never reached heights. There is a not so quiet layer of chaos that is circulating around the globe and you will see the sleeping bear of Russia come out of it’s deep sleep with all teeth glaring.

There have always been Chicken Littles over the years from Howard Ruff in the 70’s to today, and the sky has never fallen, yet.

It is about to.

I’m convinced the people walking around the malls and Wal-Mart and TARGET are totally oblivious to the seriousness of the coming worldwide meltdown. There are those on this board who have written their opinions about the recession and how false it is. Please come back this time next year and we’ll compare notes, OK?

There is a recession, there was and is OUTSOURCING that has had a major impact on the American economy whether you "believe" that there is no such thing or not.

I see very dark and dire times in 2009 for most of YOU and the world.
But then, I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals. (Thanks Butch Cassidy).

Gordon Jay Alexander

Last edited by GordonJ : July 23, 2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old July 23, 2010, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Default Well, I'm doom and gloom...and BLISS.

OK L.B. We've let time go by.

As for me being Doom and Gloom, always have seen things in reality, but I choose Bliss.

What advice L.B. do you give those who lost their jobs? The ones who are serious about "starting over".

Is it a Just Do It sort of thing? And if so, do what?

You tell me, was 09 a spectacular feeding frenzy in the bullish market and was it a good time to buy? It probably was for some, especially the insiders.

GordonJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B. Jenkins View Post
Wow Gordon,

I never realized that you were such a "Doom and Gloom" kind of person.

For those that have lost their jobs, if they are serious about working then they will do what it takes to get that ball rolling again.

... they are not making an effort to bring in an income. 2009 will be dire for them, but not those who wake up tomorrow and get busy starting all over.

BTW, economists are still stating that our markets are still bullish and that bargains are everywhere. I say, 2009 is going to be a feeding frenzy and it is rapidly approaching a buyer's market. Especially for the small investor.