SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old October 11, 2011, 07:43 PM
homebizdiva

Smile Re: How to spread the word about your business fast?

It is difficult to grow an online business fast. I spent lots of $$$$ on different programs that I got bombarded with on my email. All claim to bring you traffic. I did not get any traffic or at least not what they claim to bring you. I am sure you have heard "The Money Is In the List".. Yes, this is all so true. I then went to many autoresponder offers and sure they will help you by automating your business, but they do not bring you business, clicks to your site. People interested in what you have to offer, so finally I joined and autoresponder called GetResponse and their sister company GetSubscribers. YES you have to pay. But guess what, Get Subscribers is building a list my lists for my different sites and GetResponder is sending out my email campaigns and I am getting visitors and sales. It does take money to make money. There are other ways to build your business, and it all takes time. If you are serious and into really developing your business seek out the different methods available to grow and nurture your business. I am a real estate broker and an affiliate marketer. The best program I have found to "learn" how to market your business is PlugInProfits. Sorry I cant publish a link yet. As per rules need at least 10 post and I am new here.
They go through a 30 day training program. You learn at your own pace. If you are like me and find it hard to learn new stuff, you can read it as many times as you want until it sinks in.

Well, I like learning new techniques to get my online business humming. I will be posting what I am learning and hope I can get some more ideas from fellow associates. Thanks
Old October 11, 2011, 11:29 PM
Bozo

Default Re: How to spread the word about your business fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebizdiva View Post
. It does take money to make money.

Is that something you heard somewhere?

What I heard somewhere is that "If you can't make money without money, you can't make money with money". I have found that to be true.

Quote:
Sorry I cant publish a link yet. As per rules need at least 10 post and I am new here.

I see a link on every one of your posts. How did that happen if you can't publish a link?

Quote:
Well, I like learning new techniques to get my online business humming. I will be posting what I am learning and hope I can get some more ideas from fellow associates. Thanks

Here's an idea for you: Post something useful with out the cheesy link in your sig file and maybe people will respond positively. This site is not spam friendly. It is however very friendly to a useful exchange of business ideas.

I followed your link, checked your profile, and still have no idea what you're selling, or trying to sell.
Old October 12, 2011, 02:17 AM
Phil

Default Spread the Word about your Business Fast! Especially, with the FTC, ETC., Watching...

Closely! ...

I'd Have to 2nd those Suggestions with a Few (Added) recommendations...

Homebizdiva,

I'm sure You're probably [Not] Trying to Mislead other's here on (SowPubs) Through your Lack of Knowledge and business experience, Suggested ideas and Marketing Tactics that you're Most Likely (Not) Very sure of yourself...

SowPubs and SowPubbers really Fall into a Whole (Different) kind of {Animal}, Business idea(s), Educational world of Business communications, Ball Game! ...

Especially if you Take some [Time] and Dig into the Endless Golden Nuggets throughout it's Current and Archived Editions...
http://www.sowpub.com/
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/archive/index.php?f-3.html

Just to Help you a little and Make you Aware on the Current business model that you're Following and Promoting around the Web including FaceBook before You Start feeling Bad in Many ways with Unfortunately [Negative] Results overall! ...

Maybe Realizing that There are Much Better Options throughout the Business idea(s), Opportunities, Possibilities that you Can Enjoy and Feel Much better about Getting into...

Not to Say too Much More [Directly] other than What's available in the Public Domain/Public Knowledge Already...

Not to be Taken as a Legal Opinion But just a Very Quick Overview and info On the Overall Message I'm Suggesting regarding your Business Mentor(s) and Business Model selection(s) as per your Posts so far on SowPubs...

Testimonials from (misc.) Internet marketing Guru's (Might) Look Good, Unfortunately are Very Misleading, amongst a Variety of other particular Positive & Negative Opinions...

("Jeffrey Stone Evans is a legend in the network marketing and internet marketing industry. He also goes by Stone Evans and Mark Wise. Lives a very private life. In fact, you can search the internet and you won't find very much about his personal life")...

Unless you (Seriously) Dig into Google... The FTC and a Few Other Areas of the World of Network marketing and internet marketing industry ETC. ETC...

Lots of [Different Opinions] out there on the FTC etc., But Unfortunately...

FTC Affiliate Marketing GUIDE...
http://www.google.com/search?q=FTC+A...w=1440&bih=692

The Department of Justice Filed against [Selected] Marketers/Business people and Won judgements! ....
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2003/05/swnetforce.htm
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2003/11/dojsweep.htm

Defendant Jeffrey Stone Evans, also known as Stone Evans and Mark Wise,...
http://www.ftc.gov/os/2003/05/jeffreystonecmp.pdf

Phil

Last edited by Phil : October 12, 2011 at 02:46 AM. Reason: additional info...
Old October 12, 2011, 11:47 AM
sandalwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
Hi, my first post here. I hope some of you might be able to help me or at least give me some feedback.

I am about to start up my own internet based business and would (obviously) like to get as many members subscribing to my site as possible. I am willing to spend money on SEO and Google Adwords, but I wonder how I can use my own existing network to get through to thousands within days or weeks.

E.g. I have 300+ Facebook friends and 150+ LinkedIn connections. I assume I have close (enough) relations with around 100 to use them in spreading my message and get them to sign up on my site. But how do you - generally speaking - break through to their network. What incentives do people need to send a message to their 10+ closest friends, who again send it to their 10+ closest friends etc?

Is begging enough?

Henrik,

Do you happen to live near a college or university? If so, the possibilities are endless. You can get exposure via the "greek" organizations, their computer school, flyers, student union, etc. It'll take some leg work but may result in a hefty spike for your business.

Just my 2¢...

tk
Old November 28, 2011, 07:48 PM
dlauro

One Way would be to write articles, joining other forums, give out business cards, word of mouth just talking to people about your business

Last edited by GordonJ : November 28, 2011 at 08:18 PM.