SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old October 21, 2022, 05:11 PM

Default How To Tip And Get Clients

I've got to tip my hat to Glenn Osborn for his educational and highly interesting posts. These posts always lead me back to stories at his websites that get you thinking big time.

Glenn has often mentioned how people talk to him at restaurants when he has used some of his unusual tipping techniques.

I would be interested in hearing of how just one case of people talking to him after these tipping adventures turned into a client.

It would certainly be a very interesting read.
Old October 21, 2022, 07:30 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default My understanding of Glenn's "flirt tipping"...

Hi Millard,

I love Glenn Osborn's stories too!

I'm always looking out for his emails...!

Here's how I understand his "flirt tipping" stories...

(For those who don't know, Glenn talks about how he tips at restaurants before and during the meal... See some of his past posts here to get an idea of what he does...)

From memory, Glenn has reported that from his "flirt tipping"... Not only does he get ecstatically happy waitresses and chefs, but...

...he often gets extra free food...

...he sometimes brings his own soup in a thermos to the restaurant - with no complaints from the staff!

...and in what must be the most audacious example - he sometimes brings along his solar cooker and even cooks some of his own food he brings from home - at the restaurant! With no complaints!

If a "normal" customer did those things, they'd probably be "told off" in no uncertain terms...

What's the point of all this?

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong... My understanding is you can use analogous techniques to get people "on your side" who you want to sell to...

...Thereby, increasing your own sales and profits, and opening doors that would otherwise be shut !

He shares a lot of powerful lessons in what he writes!

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
I've got to tip my hat to Glenn Osborn for his educational and highly interesting posts. These posts always lead me back to stories at his websites that get you thinking big time.

Glenn has often mentioned how people talk to him at restaurants when he has used some of his unusual tipping techniques.

I would be interested in hearing of how just one case of people talking to him after these tipping adventures turned into a client.

It would certainly be a very interesting read.

Last edited by Dien Rice : October 21, 2022 at 08:02 PM.
Old October 22, 2022, 09:41 AM

Default Re: How To Tip And Get Clients

One of the things similar to this that works in the real world is to send a package with a nice gift (Glenn talks about this). This is something I've done as well. When you follow up with a phone call, you definitely get through to the boss.

Of course, what are you trying to do?

Do you want an appointment?

Are you trying to get a client to offer consulting services?

Do you want to provide a service?

As I have mentioned in other posts, Jay Abraham contacted folks in person... with a giant business card. When the owner got the giant card, it caused enough of a stir that Jay got in to talk.

We've talked about this for years. I've always been a huge fan of "High Impact Marketing." I don't use business cards, I use reports to give away when I meet someone. I even wrote a book to give away. (See Jay Abraham's Six Billion Dollar Man book for inspiration... if it is even available anymore )
Old October 31, 2022, 11:21 PM

Default 426 Million Mentor, Walter Hailey, Made 100 Million of His Sales at LUNCH

Thanks Dien,

So I take prospects to lunch.

I Thank Reward The Waiters and Waitresses IN FRONT of a Prospect.

Before the Menu Arrives.

People Become FASCINATED by the massive Impact. (Cooks come out of the Kitchen to bring your food. 3 or 4 Waiters Hover. The manager or the owner come over to say HI.

FOR EXAMPLE -

This guy bought my *Enchanted Sales System* after we ate lunch together.

Paul complained about 20k (each)cost of joining 3 country clubs to meet Financial Planning prospects.

I asked, "What do you say to them now?"

Paul pulls out this giant 3 by 5 gold metal card case.

Hands me a card.

I say, " Wow, its Huge"

(Paul smirks. "That's my sales pitch.")

I said, "Huh?"

I tell them how women BLUSH BEET RED after ladies also say, "Its HUGE" .

The prospect Laughs.

We have a beer Together.

We do business.

(That was Paul's entire sales system!)

HIS PROBLEM. Only 1 in 20 Went on to do business!

I said, "Watch what the waitress says to my questions. I'm going to get her hot buttons. Then get her to pay for my lunch.

She did.

Paul bought all 3 parts.

1- How to get Emotion Hot buttons

2- How to Invisibly Ask for moolah so you never get a " no*.

3- How to link a prospect to you so they buy over and over. Instead of from a competitor.

Thanks,
Glenn
Old November 1, 2022, 09:55 AM

Default Getting A Waitress To Buy Lunch

Thanks Glenn for making me think.

I read through your story of taking your client to lunch.

As an expert with flirt tipping, asking the right questions, and generally have a boatload of fun when you go out to eat, I never noticed something you said...

You mention you were going to get the waitress to buy lunch !

Does this happen at new restaurants you go to? Do you do this a lot? Is this just another technique to impress a prospect?

Do you talk about this technique at NLPBrainbuzz?

Does this only work with waitresses?

Alright, alright... I know I asked a LOT of questions. (Hmmm maybe that was your aim all along)

In any case, using specific words does specific things at certain times. I learned as an entertainer that you can say things a certain way that the audience takes one way and your helper can take another way based on how you have guided the spectator. (Check out "Prism:The Color Series of Mentalism" by Phil Goldstein)

Is that what you are doing here?