SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old December 8, 2017, 09:34 AM
Nezzrak

Default Just One Good Product - Toll Positions - Exclusive Rights

Hello everyone,

started reading this forum a couple of weeks ago and got really intrigued by the concept of toll booths / getting exclusive rights / etc.

I'm grounded in lots of Jay Abraham material - especially his Joint Venture stuff ("Mediocrity to Millions" is great!)

Tried to get hold of Bob Blagg about his "Just One Good Product" course but that seems to be unavailable (at least the website is offline).

I have also ordered Joe Cossman's book from Amazon.

Looked at the original Harvey Brody course on Ebay but the price is a bit steep in my opinion.

Anyone got some additional material I should look for / read about these topics?

Looking to do some deals in the near future here in Germany (and Europe for that matter).

Best regards

Carsten from Germany
Old December 8, 2017, 01:39 PM

Lightbulb Smart Move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezzrak View Post

I'm grounded in lots of Jay Abraham material - especially his Joint Venture stuff ("Mediocrity to Millions" is great!)

Best regards

Carsten

Welcome aboard, Carsten!

You made the right move in joining this site founded by 2 gentlemen who have had one-on-one contact with the inventor of the "toll position"

I advise you to mine this site for all its worth. Gordon and Dien have sprinkled here with TONS of posts on toll positions.

Also get the FREE Harvey Brody report at the top of this site.

I've learned that getting the concept is key. With too many materials, you run the risk of getting bogged down into the paralysis of analysis.

But once you grasp the concept, you can apply it in ways that suit your peculiar situation.

With what you've read so far, what ACTION PLAN have you come up with?

unpinkpanther

P.S. Ironically I discovered this site after I got fed up with the Jay Abraham tome you mentioned. I felt Jay Abraham was a bit long-winded and I wanted to know WHO taught him...and here we are...
Old December 8, 2017, 02:50 PM
Nezzrak

Default Re: Smart Move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpinkpanther View Post
Welcome aboard, Carsten!

You made the right move in joining this site founded by 2 gentlemen who have had one-on-one contact with the inventor of the "toll position"

I advise you to mine this site for all its worth. Gordon and Dien have sprinkled here with TONS of posts on toll positions.

Also get the FREE Harvey Brody report at the top of this site.

I've read the 36-page Harvey Brody report - but to be honest I found it a bit cryptic at some point bc Harvey kept repeating the same phrases & sentences and it didn't seem like he really answered the questions in depth.

Then again, I'm sure it's not advisable to just give your best stuff away for FREE.

Quote:
I've learned that getting the concept is key. With too many materials, you run the risk of getting bogged down into the paralysis of analysis.

But once you grasp the concept, you can apply it in ways that suit your peculiar situation.

Yeah I think that's my biggest problem - not taking enough ACTION.

Currently reading lots of Robert Ringer stuff to get my into the Mindset to just go out there and try finding / closing deals & learning from mistakes.

Quote:
With what you've read so far, what ACTION PLAN have you come up with?

Most important for me right now:

Finding MAKEABLE (local) deals, esp. products / services / marketing concepts that I can tie up, option & control w/o upfront cash

Ya know - the whole "dream" of passive income. I'm just not the type of guy to (micro)manage lots of day-to-day, if you get what I mean.

In that regard, I've looked for some companies in my area that produce some kind of product (at this point I'm not really that picky) - and I've seen that most don't seem to do a lots of marketing --> that's where I come in with the Toll Position / Marketing stuff that I've learned.

Quote:
P.S. Ironically I discovered this site after I got fed up with the Jay Abraham tome you mentioned. I felt Jay Abraham was a bit long-winded and I wanted to know WHO taught him...and here we are...

I hear you. In fact he refers "my colleague who did X" a lot in his material and I've always been itching to know WHO that colleague is.

In fact, I think I might know who Mr. X is or atleast what business he leads. (but I could be wrong)

Cheers

Carsten
Old December 9, 2017, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Default For both of you...read this:

Quote:
Hello everyone,

started reading this forum a couple of weeks ago and got really intrigued by the concept of toll booths / getting exclusive rights / etc.

Tried to get hold of Bob Blagg about his "Just One Good Product" course but that seems to be unavailable (at least the website is offline).

I have also ordered Joe Cossman's book from Amazon.

Looked at the original Harvey Brody course on Ebay but the price is a bit steep in my opinion.

Anyone got some additional material I should look for / read about these topics?

Looking to do some deals in the near future here in Germany (and Europe for that matter).

Best regards

Carsten from Germany

http://www.dw.com/en/new-nigerian-am...ica/a-40588615

Then Brainstorm. pinkpanther, ever heard of Bibi & Tina?
Carsten. http://www.mintorganiccare.com/

See, you two already have the makings of an International Exchange Group, and you have Dien Rice, who has conducted International Business exporting things to Africa from Australia.

What you both need to do is become educated on what your country is doing, and what it is seeking, as pointed out in the article, and then, brainstorm a small venture to get your feet wet, and GET STARTED.
My best advice is learn by doing.

Lots of good books FREELY available and information provided by your respective govt's on Importing/Exporting and Licensing opportunities.

Did Hanna Montanna sell in either country?
How about Hello Kitty?

Start where you are at, with what you have, and work toward your goals while solving your problems in the direction of you goal. All the book secrets and other people's experience will only take you so far, you get there faster by DOING, start NOW, something small, see what you can come up with.

Good luck.

Gordon
Old December 9, 2017, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Default PS. I'm willing to start a private forum for you all if there is interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
http://www.dw.com/en/new-nigerian-am...ica/a-40588615

Then Brainstorm. pinkpanther, ever heard of Bibi & Tina?
Carsten. http://www.mintorganiccare.com/

See, you two already have the makings of an International Exchange Group, and you have Dien Rice, who has conducted International Business exporting things to Africa from Australia.

What you both need to do is become educated on what your country is doing, and what it is seeking, as pointed out in the article, and then, brainstorm a small venture to get your feet wet, and GET STARTED.
My best advice is learn by doing.

Lots of good books FREELY available and information provided by your respective govt's on Importing/Exporting and Licensing opportunities.

Did Hanna Montanna sell in either country?
How about Hello Kitty?

Start where you are at, with what you have, and work toward your goals while solving your problems in the direction of you goal. All the book secrets and other people's experience will only take you so far, you get there faster by DOING, start NOW, something small, see what you can come up with.

Good luck.

Gordon

We have members from UK, Japan, Australia of course, USA, Canada, Germany Nigeria, S. Africa, Columbia...and maybe even other places I don't know about.

It seems to me it would be a good place to START, to meet people from other countries and share potential ventures, is anyone interested?

Gordon
Old December 9, 2017, 09:44 AM

Lightbulb I'm in

Quote:
We have members from UK, Japan, Australia of course, USA, Canada, Germany Nigeria, S. Africa, Columbia...and maybe even other places I don't know about.

It seems to me it would be a good place to START, to meet people from other countries and share potential ventures, is anyone interested?

Gordon

Dear Gordon:

Please count me in

Learning by doing always works for me

Thank you
Old December 10, 2017, 04:29 AM
Nezzrak

Default Re: For both of you...read this:

Quote:

Good luck.

Gordon

Thanks for the advice. Currently looking / thinking about "local" products to control, esp. regarding export to Africa.

There's one company near me who manufacture climbing / safety gear (https://www.skylotec.com/eu_en) - don't think they have lots of distribution in Africa yet.

Also, there are a couple of chemical mfgrs near me.

Quote:

Count me in aswell
Old December 10, 2017, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Default As an example and the workload. It takes time.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Currently looking / thinking about "local" products to control, esp. regarding export to Africa.

There's one company near me who manufacture climbing / safety gear (https://www.skylotec.com/eu_en) - don't think they have lots of distribution in Africa yet.

Also, there are a couple of chemical mfgrs near me.

Count me in aswell

This is just to get you to take some action, in the form of research, OK? You both need to start making contacts, the more you have, the more people you know, the better it will work for you.

So to begin. In Germany there is a company with International Presence except in Africa. We know Germany is looking to invest in Africa, in Nigeria as we see from news reports. When I say Germany, think not just of the Govt but of all the small businesses there.

One product we see at the SKYLOTEC Co. is the INCEPTOR safety helmet, and they have all types, but focus on the High Voltage (just as an exercise),

Now at the African end, in Nigeria, the research goes like: Top Construction Companies,
http://bit.ly/2AJ9U0P

You want to get to know what these companies are involved with, what projects are on the boards, but also, what future projects will look like.

Say Ibadan, just a dart on my map. I would want to know who buys stuff at the local levels, be they cities, or locales.

So I would study:
http://www.doingbusiness.org/data/ex...igeria/sub/oyo

And
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dpu-projects/Gl...dfs/Ibadan.pdf

These to get a feel for what is going on.

Like this report:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/africa...wer/index.html

SEE there will be need for thousands, if not tens of thousands of Electrical Saftety helmets for the project. Where will they come from?

In Nigeria, I would start a small import business, the most important thing is to have stationery and a web site, to show you do International business, you are already leaning in that direction pinkpanther, right?

You would write a letter asking for exclusive marketing rights just for Nigeria, and for a fixed time period, say one year, to market the German made safety helmets.

I would know about head injuries and construction accidents, like this report:

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/1...730.2008.14.27

Gov'ts and businesses alike KNOW the need for head gear, and for special headgear for electrical.

This may seem complicated, but if you or anyone is looking for simple and easy, then International Toll Positions are NOT for you. It takes time, but assuming you're prepared to put in the time and energy to build a business, then you will do the research.

IF just looking for something faster, then maybe you want to join a site like
https://sdkhunter.com/

In fact, even though I get nothing for saying it, it might be the best way for anyone to get started in Toll Positions, and worth the cost for the education.

Sherman Hunter partnered with Harvey Brody for years, and although my OPINION, is his site isn't fully developed yet, there is still a lot of information there that can benefit anyone with a desire to learn about TOLL opportunities.

Hope this helps shine some light on the subject.

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : December 10, 2017 at 02:43 PM.
Old December 10, 2017, 03:55 PM
Nezzrak

Default Re: As an example and the workload. It takes time.

Quote:
This is just to get you to take some action, in the form of research, OK? You both need to start making contacts, the more you have, the more people you know, the better it will work for you.

So to begin. In Germany there is a company with International Presence except in Africa. We know Germany is looking to invest in Africa, in Nigeria as we see from news reports. When I say Germany, think not just of the Govt but of all the small businesses there.

One product we see at the SKYLOTEC Co. is the INCEPTOR safety helmet, and they have all types, but focus on the High Voltage (just as an exercise),

Now at the African end, in Nigeria, the research goes like: Top Construction Companies,
http://bit.ly/2AJ9U0P

You want to get to know what these companies are involved with, what projects are on the boards, but also, what future projects will look like.

Say Ibadan, just a dart on my map. I would want to know who buys stuff at the local levels, be they cities, or locales.

So I would study:
http://www.doingbusiness.org/data/ex...igeria/sub/oyo

And
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dpu-projects/Gl...dfs/Ibadan.pdf

These to get a feel for what is going on.

Like this report:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/africa...wer/index.html

SEE there will be need for thousands, if not tens of thousands of Electrical Saftety helmets for the project. Where will they come from?

In Nigeria, I would start a small import business, the most important thing is to have stationery and a web site, to show you do International business, you are already leaning in that direction pinkpanther, right?

You would write a letter asking for exclusive marketing rights just for Nigeria, and for a fixed time period, say one year, to market the German made safety helmets.

I would know about head injuries and construction accidents, like this report:

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/1...730.2008.14.27

Gov'ts and businesses alike KNOW the need for head gear, and for special headgear for electrical.

This may seem complicated, but if you or anyone is looking for simple and easy, then International Toll Positions are NOT for you. It takes time, but assuming you're prepared to put in the time and energy to build a business, then you will do the research.

Good golly, that's a treasure trove of information (and just for a exercise). I will definitely look into it.

Quote:
IF just looking for something faster, then maybe you want to join a site like
https://sdkhunter.com/

In fact, even though I get nothing for saying it, it might be the best way for anyone to get started in Toll Positions, and worth the cost for the education.

Sherman Hunter partnered with Harvey Brody for years, and although my OPINION, is his site isn't fully developed yet, there is still a lot of information there that can benefit anyone with a desire to learn about TOLL opportunities.

I've taken a look at his website and emailed them for the "Instant Entrepreneur" report. That site still confuses me bc I don't know what his main thing is and what I should get involved in there. Can you tell me what his main thing / product / service is?

Cheers

Carsten
Old December 10, 2017, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Default Try this for free.

Quote:
Good golly, that's a treasure trove of information (and just for a exercise). I will definitely look into it.

I've taken a look at his website and emailed them for the "Instant Entrepreneur" report. That site still confuses me bc I don't know what his main thing is and what I should get involved in there. Can you tell me what his main thing / product / service is?

Cheers

Carsten

Carsten,

http://ealliancemaker.com/

Join the free membership, if still there.

You'll get a lot of free information about forming ealliances, which is the gist of the sdk site, BUILDING relationships. Matching buyers to sellers.

Pinkpanther is trying to do something similar, with his web sites.

Sherman Hunter was an engineer at Kodak before he hooked up with Harvey Brody and brings a lot to the table. There is a similar thread that runs through Joe Cossman, Harvey Brody and Sherman Hunter, and also through the Jay Abraham stuff. Jay's early involvement with Bud Weckesser, then Harvey Brody, then some East Coast diamond men, and the Calif intersection of the LA area, early to late 70's, and you see a lot of the same shades from the rainbow of TOLL and Control ideology.

Read the reports at ealliance and sdk, will give you an overview into the instant entrepreneur and overnight business owner concepts, which is, I believe, what you would be most interested in.

Gordon the historian.

PS. MY focus has been on IP, Copyrights and now turned to Hollywood and Licensing. BIG world of opportunity, but ACTION helps you find the thing you will be best at and enjoy.