SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old January 15, 2012, 09:16 PM
sandalwood

Default Free SMS

I just read the below post on the WF in the offline discussion section. It tells how to offer your clients free sms through twitter. For all I know I might be the last guy on the planet to know this neat little trick. But, who cares, I will offer it to my clients and prospects.

Start post---

1. Go to Twitter and create an account for your prospect's business but with the word “deal”, “coupon” or “offers” in the Twitter name.

(The idea is to make the name easy to remember.)

Let’s say the prospect's business is a restaurant named “Kim’s Koffee”, your Twitter name could be KoffeeDeals.

2. Then the business owner advertises her text message service"

The call-to-action can be something like:

Text "Follow KoffeeDeals" to 40404 for VIP specials, offers and discounts.

Then each time the business owner tweets a deal under the KoffeeDeals Twitter account, their customers will receive it via a text message.

Pretty cool, uh? Try it for yourself.

3. BONUS: When customers text "Follow KoffeeDeals " to 40404, they will not only receive future deals, they also receive the LAST TWEET that was previously sent.

4. Get this: Customers do not have to have a Twitter account in order to receive these text messages, they just have to text "follow (username)" to 40404 and they will be subscribed.

5. The particular Twitter account you set-up for your prospect or customer is JUST for text message offers. It does not replace their regular Twitter account. And with this special account, they shouldn’t send out more than 1-2 offers per week.

source: http://blog.twitter.com/2010/08/intr...other-sms.html

end post---

It was posted by Rick Duris and I forgot to copy the page but if you go to the WF and look under the offline discussion section you should be able to read the entire thread.
Old January 15, 2012, 10:36 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
I just read the below post on the WF in the offline discussion section. It tells how to offer your clients free sms through twitter. For all I know I might be the last guy on the planet to know this neat little trick. But, who cares, I will offer it to my clients and prospects.
Thanks Tom!

I did a bit of "sleuthing" and this seems to be a service offered by Twitter itself (as far as I can tell)...

Even Twitter has "blogged" about it. You can read it here...

http://blog.twitter.com/2010/08/intr...other-sms.html

It's a fantastic promotional idea!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old January 15, 2012, 10:57 PM
sandalwood

Default Re: Free SMS

Your sleuthing is right on as it is the same site in the OP's post on WF. All of you great minds keep leaving us old duffers in the dust
Old January 15, 2012, 11:03 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Free SMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Your sleuthing is right on as it is the same site in the OP's post on WF. All of you great minds keep leaving us old duffers in the dust
Hi Tom,

I wouldn't have heard about it if it wasn't for you!

I ain't no young 'un any more (I'd say I've entered "middle-aged" now), but I always thought that (in general) that it was smart to listen and learn from those who are wiser and more experienced...

Best wishes,

Dien