SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old February 2, 2012, 03:59 PM
Tina

Default Introducing myself...

Hey, everybody. I'm Tina Adams, and most of the time I like to inflate my ego by calling myself a writer. I guess the title fits considering my pen name shows a couple published fiction novels beneath it and my non-pen name has a ton of non-fiction wordage attached to it here and there.

For the record, I'm one of the writers from Gordon's (failed?) copywriting project over on the Warrior Forum. Luckily, my letter somehow found its way into the rotation over at renewnightvision.com. I've never had any copywriting guru or mentor teach me how to write copy or anything -- but I've put in many an hour of self study on the subject.

Other than writing and copywriting, I'm a full-time housewife and mom -- six kiddos, all of which still live at home. I homeschool. It's a challenge, but also great fun watching my little ones' eyes light up when they really "get" something they're learning in their studies.

From time to time, I dabble in design -- both print and digital/online -- book covers, posters, web sites, postcards, bookmarks, etc. I research for FUN. Finding out things I didn't know before is just straight up AWESOME to me, provided I'm interested in knowing.

I could ramble for hours, but that's boring. Enough about me ... the real reason I posted this introduction was to ask about ya'll.

This forum seems a bit quiet, and I find I'm seriously curious about who's here and what ya'll like to talk about. So if you don't mind, hit the "Post Reply" button and let's get to know each other a little bit.

Tina
Old February 2, 2012, 10:11 PM
Bozo

Default Re: Introducing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
Hey, everybody. I'm Tina Adams, and most of the time I like to inflate my ego by calling myself a writer. I guess the title fits considering my pen name shows a couple published fiction novels beneath it and my non-pen name has a ton of non-fiction wordage attached to it here and there.

Hey Tina, give with the pen name and titles. I devour fiction the same way I go through a bag of chocolate chip cookies. I'm always looking for a new author to read. I'm caught up on all my favorites, they can't write fast enough for me. Too bad John D. MacDonald is gone, I couldn't get enough of Travis McGee.
Old February 3, 2012, 08:24 AM
Tina

Boz, unfortunately both my titles are out of print but the latest was called "The Legacy of Sleepy Hollow." Both, however, were marketed as "romance fiction." Not sure if that'd be your cup of tea.

I'm jealous if you can seriously narrow your list of favorite authors down to two. Mine is like a mile long!

Tina
Old February 3, 2012, 02:43 PM
Cornell

Default Perhaps....

Quote:
Boz, unfortunately both my titles are out of print

Tina

Out of print....mayhaps it could be time to re-birth them as Kindle books...huge market there for romance fiction books
Old February 3, 2012, 02:46 PM
Tina

Oh yes, I know. It "was" offered as a Kindle book, but when I did not renew my contract, naturally they had to remove it from the catalog. I've toyed with the idea of reprinting it as a hardcover, so fans of the original Washington Irving short story, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, could put it alongside the classic -- it is a continuation of the original story.
Old February 3, 2012, 12:46 AM
Cornell

Default Welcome home...

Hi Tina:

This forum is quite different than most...it goes in spurts and spasms....it has been fairly quiet so it is just about due for some increased activity...perhaps you will be the instigator

When I say 'welcome home' it is because most of the people here never really leave....yes some disappear for a bit but they eventually check back in....and I would imagine a lot are like myself....checking in but not doing a lot of posting....I generally take a peek 2 or 3 times a day to see what is going on.

So-o-o-o don't be afraid to post and contribute....you are now part of the SOWPub family....and again welcome home.

Cornell
Old February 3, 2012, 08:26 AM
Tina

Default Re: Welcome home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornell View Post
Hi Tina:

This forum is quite different than most...it goes in spurts and spasms....it has been fairly quiet so it is just about due for some increased activity...perhaps you will be the instigator

(This is me, still trying out that handy dandy quote button.)

Cornell, thanks for the welcome, and you may be right! I like to instigate. Mwwwhahahahaha!
Old February 3, 2012, 04:30 AM
Phil

Default Today's version of Different Times throughout the Every Changing internet as We Know

Hi Tina,

Welcome to SowPubs... Today's version of Different Times throughout the Every Changing internet as We Know it...

And for When You Have All that Extra Time... With your Other Profession(s), interests and Love-ones... full-time housewife and mom -- six kiddos, ...

SowPubs Good ol' Days of Learning experiences, Studies and Education... Still Extremely Useful and {Entertaining} for Those that Apply All the Knowledge and information Smartly & Correctly! ...
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/archive/index.php?f-3.html

All the best...

Phil
Old February 3, 2012, 08:28 AM
Tina

Hi Phil! Thanks for the welcome (and for the pointer toward the archives.)

I've only dug through the old forum once or twice, but who knows? I may find myself lost in there soon. If I disappear for days, someone come fish me out, okay?

Tina
Old February 3, 2012, 06:54 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Quote:
Hi Tina,

Welcome to Sowpub!

I've been enjoying your posts... They're great to read, and I've really liked your sense of humor, too!

I started this humble forum with Gordon Alexander many moons ago, and it's great that it's attracted such a great group of folks!

I've learned a lot from the forum over the years, too...

I usually post more. I've just had a really busy January, for some reason. Hopefully, February will give me more time to relax and "chew the fat"...

I live in a land downunder (Australia), though I'm actually an American (my folks migrated to Australia when I was younger, and dragged me with them). I still manage to get back to the States every few years. (I was born in upstate New York, though my "family roots" are actually from rural Michigan, where there are farms which have been owned by multiple generations of "Rices" and which are still owned by my relatives.)

Great to have you here!

Best wishes,

Dien