SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old November 5, 2008, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Default 2 for 1 coupon books?

anybody with experience creating these and selling them?...Is it hard to convince restaurant owners to participate in these books (it would seem since its free to each advertiser that it would be an easy to get them to participate)..How would you approach restaurant owners to convince them to participate?.
Old November 5, 2008, 11:29 PM
LindaC

Default Re: 2 for 1 coupon books?

Free to advertisers....what's free?

You tell the business owner you will put their offer in the hands of x number of potential customers for x amount of dollars.

You put together a coupon booklet with x number of coupons in it and sell each coupon booklet to the potential customer for x amount of money.

All you need do is fill in the x's...take action...and you have bling - bling in your jeans.

My Best 2 U,

LindaC

<>------<>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anybody with experience creating these and selling them?...Is it hard to convince restaurant owners to participate in these books (it would seem since its free to each advertiser that it would be an easy to get them to participate)..How would you approach restaurant owners to convince them to participate?.
Old November 6, 2008, 11:32 AM
Adman

There's 3 ways to go with these;

1) Offer to distribute them to a Small number of people, like, "New Movers.
I had a "Welcome Book" in which I had GREAT Discount Offers. 2 fer 1 Dinners...FREE Pizzas....$10 Off Anything in the Store...FREE Oil Changes.
I sent them to 100 New Movers each month and charged the participants $200 a month ($2 a book)

They were willing to give GREAT discounts because the Books were going to a Special Audience that they wanted to get in their businesses FIRST...and there were only 100 possibilities.

2) Offer to distribute them to 10,000 local consumers.
I operated a "Val-Pak" Mailing service where I'd charge each participant $495 each. However, because the Books were going to so many people, the participants offered, Mickey-Mouse offers like, 10% Off...$1 Off Dinner...$2 Off Oil Change...free Coke with samdwich.

And...as a result...the participants received Mickey-Mouse response so I was continually replacing advertisers.

3) Offer to distribute them to 2,000 consumers for which consumers would BUY the Books for $20 each.
Sponsors were willing to give "2 for 1" dinners and $10 Off Oil Change and $5 Off Pizzas...etc. Offers were less than the "100 distribution" but more than the "10,000" distribution.

Don Alm
Old November 6, 2008, 08:14 PM
Robert J.

Exclamation Re: 2 for 1 coupon books?

there was a great thread on sowpub (it ended abruptly and left everyone hanging) about an entrepreneur and his discount card program. it was a heck of a business plan, near as I could tell ... but we never got to learn how that book ended as the writer of the posts suddenly stopped posting.

I have searched to the best of my ability to find that thread, with no luck. I guess it is lost n the archives that have not been archived yet.

Don provided some insightful information ...

Robert J.
Old November 7, 2008, 11:46 AM
Adman

Employee Discount Cards;
Plastic Cards (similar to credit cards) printed both sides...12 Ads on 1 side, 6 on the "Front". Each "ad" is a discount offer with Name of Biz, address & Phone.
1) Find businesses with total emplyees of 1,000. Either 20 biz with 50 employees each or 1 or 2 biz, like Hospital or County or City Goverment Employees or school districts with 1,000 members. Offer them FREE to employees.
Offer to distribute 1,000 Cards for $290 (The price I got) per advertiser.
10 advertisers = $2,900 18 advertisers = $5,220

2) Offer to distribute FREE for advertisers PROVIDED they make GOOD Offers like 2for1 Meals, FREE Pizza, $10 Off anything in store, FREE Oil Changes.
Get value of Card up to $200 or more and SELL Cards to Employers for $10 ea.
Selling 1,000 Cards puts $10,000 in yer pocket.

With #1, because advertisers pay, their offers will be "mickey-mouse", "10% Off, $1 off, Free Drink with Sandwich, $2 Off Oil Change.

With #2, because advertisers do NOT pay, their offers will be GOOD, because it won't cost them anything until someone redeems the offer.

Don Alm...ben dere done dat