SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 27, 2015, 05:03 PM
Don Alm

Default I'm Curious...

There are a few Posters here and lately.....a whole bunch of "Lurkers". I'm curious as to WHAT kind of Subjects are YOU Lurkers interested in? WHAT "strikes your fancy" or "WHAT" would YOU like to know more about?

You don't have to offer any "solutions".....I'd just like to "get an idea" of what Topics get your attention;

Face-To-Face Selling
Lead Gen stuff
Mail Order Marketing
Product Selling
Affiliate Sales
Website building
Mobile Websites Building
SEO stuff
Selling Services (Curb Painting, Gutter Cleaning, Painting Lawns...etc

Just toss out what YOU'RE interested in knowing more about.....NO names needed. I'm curious!

Thanks,
Don Alm......
Old April 27, 2015, 08:51 PM
Robert J.

Default Re: I'm Curious...

Don, I think the issue with "lookers" and "lurkers" is this: They really DON'T KNOW what they are looking for.

I think they are looking for freedom, opportunity, and probably a template (how-to, tutorials, instruction).

And of course, as a chronic "looker" and "lurker," no matter what specifics I find, I find hope and potential. Lots of times I will read something, and I think, "damn, that's a hell of an idea." I find eight reasons why it wouldn't work for me, but it is incredibly freeing to know that "there are things out there."

Personally, I have a day job so I can't tackle anything that requires lots of "business hour" commitment. So face-to-face business selling is probably out. That, and the fact that I have failed miserably at it in the past ... so ...

What I have seen here that sparks my interest every time is the mobile ideas, and the video stuff (I guess you'd call that lead gen stuff).

Just my two cents worth, which is probably over-priced and under-valued!
Old April 27, 2015, 09:29 PM
Rob Yaggie

Hey Don,

I tend to be a lurker more than a poster but I often find gems at this forum. What I like is to see are the different marketing approaches (I would love to see more on current direct mail type efforts). Although I rarely consider doing exactly the opportunity someone might present, I often take bits and pieces of the approach and consider how they might work in areas I am doing.

I enjoy your posts and thanks for contributing!

Rob Yaggie
Old April 28, 2015, 03:03 AM
trevord92

Hi Don

I'm mainly a lurker here, much as I am on other forums. Various reasons but number of hours in the day is high up on the list

A variety of interests - my original background was retail - I managed a chain of petrol (gas) stations.

Then I moved into direct mail and, weird as it sounds now, helped build up an internet business through it. I'm still interested in direct mail as I think it's probably the one of the least cluttered markets now everything is moving online.

And I'm into online stuff as well - some affiliate marketing, some of my own digital products.

I also like some of the more inspirational posts that Dien and Gordon add.

Thanks for all your posts on this site - they show there's lots of ways that actually work in the real world.

Trevor
Old April 28, 2015, 07:23 AM

Hi Don,

Always interested in any ideas regarding direct mail.

Thanks

Shawn
Old April 28, 2015, 01:16 PM
WillyWallace

I'm looking to partner up with people smarter than I to help implement ideas I have rattling around in my head...

For example, I need an SMS expert for my home service business idea that I posted here a week or so ago.
Old April 28, 2015, 10:47 PM
cash4notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
There are a few Posters here and lately.....a whole bunch of "Lurkers". I'm curious as to WHAT kind of Subjects are YOU Lurkers interested in? WHAT "strikes your fancy" or "WHAT" would YOU like to know more about?

You don't have to offer any "solutions".....I'd just like to "get an idea" of what Topics get your attention;

Face-To-Face Selling
Lead Gen stuff
Mail Order Marketing
Product Selling
Affiliate Sales
Website building
Mobile Websites Building
SEO stuff
Selling Services (Curb Painting, Gutter Cleaning, Painting Lawns...etc

Just toss out what YOU'RE interested in knowing more about.....NO names needed. I'm curious!

Thanks,
Don Alm......

I too lurk quite abit but do find great vaule in this forum
Always looking for direct mail and lead gen action steps.