SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 6, 2018, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Default $800 bux a week. Is old fashioned selling dead?

I just got off the phone with a guy who wants to help people make 800 bux a week for about 25 to 30 hours of "work". Sounds good, BUT, the work is using the phone to set up appointments and doing B to B sales.

Pretty easy sales in that the pitch is just showing the biz owner the product, and it is instantly understandable and a Yes/No thanks decision is made immediately.

I told this guy MY opinion was, very few people, if any, would be interested in old world get off the couch, out the door and talk to people face to face.

I believe most would rather not work at all rather than having to DO something.

Especially if that something were showing businesses a product which brings them more customers. I think the days of us old timers like; Don Alms, Gordon Alexanders and Zig Ziglars are long gone.

Selling is dead.

So, tell me, if you will... do you think there are people who would be willing to work 30 hours a week (about 10 on the phone and 20 in person) selling a product which would make them between 800 and 1000 bux a week?

My friend on the phone was a little discouraged, and I told him it was only my opinion. I also suggested he find a couple of people to test it out on.

I doubt if any of you would be interested, but perhaps you still know of someone, probably a 40+ guy who is willing to work the old fashioned way to make a decent weekly income.

If so, let me know.

And if I am right, and most think 800 to 1000 a week for 30 hours of real work is not right for them (I think the vast majority of Internet users), then do tell, what do you think people will be willing to do to get themselves to a $50,000.00 a year income from part-time effort?

As long as it isn't face to face, and god forbid, NO selling...what will those efforts look like in 2018?

I don't think my friend will be able to find 4 people in America willing to make money the old fashion way, that is, EARN IT. But I might get surprised.

Gordon

PS. When he told me he could help people make 800 a week, I said PROVE IT, show me your results. He did. And HE DID. I like the people who do it for themselves first BEFORE they try to "help" other people do the thing...

so I vouch for what this guy sells and it is an Evergreen, In Demand product, but still...it is selling (sort of), in that you have to show people the product and let them touch it so they GET IT. But he has been doing this for some time, so it isn't theory, it is results based, my favorite way of judging opportunity.