SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old October 7, 2008, 11:01 AM
SteveSki

Default Naked Raw Food Can Improve Your Health And Even Reverse Diabetes – Here’s proof!

Everyone here would like more wealth but as someone once said. . .
‘Most people spend their health chasing wealth and then spend their wealth trying to regain their health.’

Remember the movie ‘SuperSize Me’ ?

You can watch it free at. . .
http://beam.to/Super-Size-Me

That documentary shows what eating junk food for 30 days can do to your health.

There is a new documentary film that my wife and I will be screening for free in our area soon that is the opposite of
Supersize Me. You can check out the trailer at: www.Rawfor30Days.com

The Raw for 30 Days film shows how eating raw organic foods can not only help you to lose weight but can even reverse Diabetes.

My health after eating the Supersize Me way for 40+ years has dramatically improved since moving to Australia 4 years ago and
learning about how beneficial eating raw organic foods can be.

It seems there are a lot of Australians who eat a raw food diet. There is another new documentary out by an Australian that is also really good.
You can see the trailer for it at www.FoodMatters.TV I also suspect that Michael Ross is big on eating raw food but he doesn’t boast about it.
Am I right about that Michael?

Anyway here are some other resources for those who may be interested in experimenting with eating more raw foods.

Probably the easiest way to get started is to simply eat a really big salad with every meal along with your cooked meals.
As your energy begins to increase and you start feeling better you will find that your desire for cooked foods will start to diminish.

I think yhe easiest cooked meal to replace is Breakfast. Instead of bacon, eggs and ham or coffee and donuts enjoy a delicious and nutritious “Green Smoothie”.

Visit the Green Smoothie Challenge to learn all about them. http://www.greensmoothiechallenge.com and you'll be surprised at how great they taste!
The Green Smoothie challenge site comes from another Aussie. He shares some really good recipes! Try adding some raw chocolate cacao powder
or other super high antioxidant foods to your smoothies.

For Lunch try a big raw salad with soup or a small amount of cooked low fat meat if you’re not going all raw.

The next link is to my landing page:
http://www.Green-Smoothie-Diet.com
where you can watch several raw food diet videos and
you can also download Free ebooks and MP3 Audios.

If you don’t want to opt-in with your email just private message me and I’ll send you the URL and password to download the audios and books.

For supper try a vegetable pasta made with a food grater. Or better yet… get a Sprializer… We just bought 12 of them from America because several people whom we’ve shown ours to here in Australia wants one. So chances are in another week or so we will order more to stock them at our RawFoodRecipeClub site. Another source for them is: www.discountjuicers.com/spiralslicer.html

The next link is where you can "Discover The Secrets To
Staying Raw, Reducing Cravings, Finding Motivation and
Fighting Disease from 14 Raw and Living Food Experts--All
From the Comfort of Your Living Room--for FREE!"
http://www.rawkathon.com/index-main.html

If you just drink Green Smoothies and follow the advice in the free Audio book “Vibrant Health” that we give away with a one hour Hypnosis Weight Loss MP3 at our Green Smoothie Diet page and start a walking or other exercise program you will lose weight, explode your energy and improve you health!

Also watch Dr.Gary Null's 90 minute video at our other site:
http://www.RawFoodRecipeClub.com

Everything above is FREE! FREE! FREE!

The Rawkathon starts Oct 19th and is free but there is an option to purchase hard copies. I did. They will make great additions to our lending library. We hope this information helps you!

Cheers,
Steve & Susha Shulenski
www.Green-Smoothie-Diet.com
www.RawFoodRecipeClub.com
Old October 8, 2008, 12:50 AM
MichaelRoss

Default Smoothies needn't be bland...

"I also suspect that Michael Ross is big on eating raw food but he doesn’t boast about it.
Am I right about that Michael?

I think yhe easiest cooked meal to replace is Breakfast. Instead of bacon, eggs and ham or coffee and donuts enjoy a delicious and nutritious “Green Smoothie”."

Correct Steve. Also have one day a week where all I have is home juiced juice. Drink it 50-50 diluted with water.

I agree that the Easiest way to start is with breakfast. And as an Alternative to a smoothie, see if you could eat... one apple, one orange, half a rockmelon/cantaloupe and a handfull of nuts (or mix of say, Goji berries and raw unroasted almonds).

Keep that up for a week, with just a raw or smoothie breakfast, before making another change - such as changing what you eat for lunch. This way, the change is slow, gradual and not so much a shock to the junk-craving-system.

Smoothies.

With smoothies, understand that your liquid base does NOT have to be water. It could be a herbal tea. Such as Pau d'Arco, or a Rooibos & Rosehip & Hibiscus blend. Throw in a banana, some goji berries, cranberries too, a bit of maca powder, some spirulina if you want that. A squeeze of lemon/lime juice, some raw almonds or other nut. Raw cocao too. (And for the even more adventurous and not turned nauseous by the smell/texture/taste, a tea spoon of coconut oil into the blend) Then don't just guzzle down. Take a mouth full and give it a chew before swallowing.

Bon Appétit

Now scuze me while I grab a cucumber to munch on...

Michael Ross
Old October 9, 2008, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Thanks Michael - Chocolate Thank You Notes

Dear Michael,

Thanks!

Excellent Sleuthing.

I especially like the Sidney Tribune Article.

I'm glad to know the owner of the Chocolate Co has FAILED BIG like the rest of us entrepreneurs.

I'm using the "Energy Chocolate" In Thank You Rewards to my VIP clients.

Which is working great.

Chocolate that tastes fantastic without the milk and refined sugar
is going over with a BANG to my best clients.

Glenn
Old October 9, 2008, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Hey Steve-How About The BUGS in Raw Leafy Food?

Dear Steve,

Thanks for all the F-r-e-e info.

I've got quite a few raw food and smoothie customers.

When I knew you in the USA you seemed like
more of a meat and potato chip type.

Except for that Herbal stuff we were promoting.

I got forced into a diet change by food allergies. Anything from the nightshade family of veggies or wheat I can't eat or I get arthritis pain.

What's your FAVORITE Smoothie Recipe?

I've got 3 gardens but have to admit I cook everything. I know the bugs and worms are cooked that way!

My interest in the "Healthy Chocolate" is this - It seems to help the majoriity of my human garbage disposal STYLE of eating customers without messing with all the drugs and meds they take.

I figure To LURE them into better health with CHOCOLATE.

Sneak up on them while they're Not looking.

ADDICT Them to feeling Better. Then move them Into a Greener diet next.

My gifts of Raw Cacao Chocolate have gone over like gangbusters here in the USA. IF you were closer I'd send you some too.

Glenn

P.S. - I even wrote a little book about my Chocolate Give-away Marketing System. Which I just started testing on Ebay...

=====================================

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:L:LCA:US:1123

=====================================
Old October 11, 2008, 09:32 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: Hey Glenn - Try these Sweet Raw Treats - Guaranteed Bug Free!

Hi Glen,

It seems like you may have a good product similar to what David Wolf and other Raw Food experts have been recommending for years

I’m not 100% raw. I do eat a little lean organic meat and fish and I do like my meat cooked. But the more raw I eat the better I feel and the more energy I have!

I’ve been keeping a food diary to record how the food I choose to eat makes me feel. The more cooked food I eat the more sluggish I feel. Eating more raw makes me feel great!

I had my first McDonalds cheeseburger when I was 7 or 8 years old. For the next 40 years I was brainwashed by the media to follow the herd and be a good consumer of mass produced junk.

Eat junk and sooner or later there will be a price to pay.

When I moved to OZ I gave up watching television and listening to talk radio and I seldom buy or read the daily newspaper anymore. Now I get to brainwash myself with good books and DVD’s that my wife and I choose to consume rather than be forced fed by what the media wants us to buy into.

Now to answer your question of what’s my favourite Green Smoothie Recipe… I like them all because I use whatever greens are in season or available to me that day and sweeten it to my personal taste with as much or as little fruits and berries as needed. Maybe toss in some Green Tea and a shot of Kakadu Juice to really beef up the antioxidants. Bugs are not a problem as I always wash and rinse my greens and veggies before preparing them to eat.

I’ve decided to promote a healthy lifestyle first and point people to optional products and services second. You are leading with healthy chocolate first and promoting a healthy lifestyle second. I think both approaches work. Keep up the good work and continue to educate people in healthier living and better marketing by offering them a chance to try your healthy chocolate before they buy it! I have no doubt that people will be able to make money promoting it if they follow the instructions in your new book. BTW… I found a small typo in your ebay auction you may want to fix. The east coast of Australia is 14 hours ahead of USA EST . . . not the other way around.

My wife and I make our own raw chocolate treats that are super high in antioxidants and we know for sure that there is no added sugar or bugs hidden in them.

Everyone who taste these absolutely loves them!

We give away the recipe for these and many other raw food recipes to members of our Free Raw Food Recipe Club.

Here’s the recipe to make them yourself:

Heavenly “Raw Cacao” Bliss Balls:

1 cup of nuts (Almonds work best for this recipe)
1/2 cup of Iranian dates minus the pits.
1 Level tablespoon of Raw Cacao Powder
2 - 3 tablespoons water
Grated Coconut to roll bliss balls in

If you have a good powerful food processor put in all of the ingredients except
the water and process together. Then add the water last, process again.

If you have a cheap less powerful food processor then start by placing
nuts into it until they turn to crumbs. Then process the dates in one at a time.

Next add in the raw carob powder and process again.

Next add the water and process again then roll the mixture into
1 inch balls and roll them in Coconut. Keep in your fridge until ready to serve.

You won't believe how good raw food can be until you taste these treats!

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski

Last edited by SteveSki : October 11, 2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old October 11, 2008, 03:36 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Watch Out For Preservative 220

Steve,

Thanks for the recipe.

With the dates - regardless of Where they come from - make sure they are Preservative Free. Most have Preservative 220 - sulphur dioxide. Check it out at http://mbm.net.au/health/200-290.htm

Also, unless you're grating the coconut yourself and are buying dessicated coconut from a retail store of some description, you'll again need to check for preservative.

All dried fruit needs to be double check for preservative. And if in a Health Store that sells it in Bulk, ASK them if it's preservative free.

Michael Ross
Old October 13, 2008, 04:57 AM
SteveSki

Default Thanks Michael - Can you tell me what you would do if. . .?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for pointing that.

We did order a coconut grater online 2 weeks ago so we will soon be able to grate our own.

We are always reading food labels to see if any chemical preservatives has been added. Wish the manufacturers would list all ingredients by name instead of using code numbers which often trick and confuse consumers.

Have you heard of “Herbal-Active” ?

It’s being described as an all natural chemical free preservative but dog poo is also all natural. I informed Kakadu Juice International I would not continue marketing their juice because it contained a small amount of sodium benzoate and they said they had just replaced it with Herbal-Active and are now claiming the product to be preservative free.

I know how you feel about government but do you think the government should require labels to spell out what exactly is in their products, if it contains any GM foods or if it has been irradiated? Or do you think it should be up to each individual to educate themselves and figure out if a food item is safe or not.

Another question. Even after all the dietary changes I’ve made my latest blood test shows that my LPL’s are sky high at 7.9 My Doctor say’s I should take Lipidil but I’d prefer not to. What would you do if your LPL’s were that high? If you know of anything that could help please link to it here so I can do my own research and decide what’s best for me.

Thanks,

Steve Shulenski
Old October 14, 2008, 05:58 AM
MichaelRoss

Default The Great Cholesterol Scam

Steve,

Thanks for asking about labeling and other things.

Quote:
I know how you feel about government but do you think the government should require labels to spell out what exactly is in their products, if it contains any GM foods or if it has been irradiated? Or do you think it should be up to each individual to educate themselves and figure out if a food item is safe or not.

I think people should Not be deprived of information with which they can make an Informed Decision.

If people educated themselves, they wouldn't bother buying any pre-packaged supermarket foods/beverages.

Now. Seeing as there Is an Ingredients List, there should be Honesty on that list. Although, some items, if being honest, would require a much larger label.

Take, Pizza, for example. It might list the ingredients as Salami or Pepperoni. But each of those have their own list of ingredients. And if any of those ingredients say Flavor, then that would also have a sub list in itself.

I bought some rosehip tea without looking at the label. Got it home to discover it has Lemon Flavor added. I called the manufacturer to ask them. I was told... it is extracted from lemons. I asked what it was... a lot of uming and ahing. I said, "So you're telling me, you're adding this stuff to your product and you don't know what is in it? Fine, give me the number of the Lemon Flavor Supplier."

The Supplier would Not tell me what was in it. I said, how am I supposed to make an informed decision about whether my system can handle this if you won't tell me what's in it?

He said there is an Allergen List. Which is to say, those who have allergies to what is on this Flavor's list, should not have the flavor. Want to know what was on the list? Soy! If you have an allergy to Soy, you should not have this flavor. So I guess it wasn't really derived from lemons after all.

GM Food. I have a Right to know if the food I am eating is GM or not. As this type of food has been foistered on to us without any long term analysis done on how it might effect us. So I pass on consuming it.

For the overwhelming vast majority... you do Not need to buy food from the center lanes of the supermarket. If you eat meat, then the meat section and the fruit and veggie section is all you need.

If you visit a Deli in the supermarket, ask them what the Ingredients are for, say, Turkey Slices. After they tell you, walk away wondering how Soy and Flour are in there. Why does bacon contain sugar? And what the heck is Seafood Extender?

Quote:
Another question. Even after all the dietary changes I’ve made my latest blood test shows that my LPL’s are sky high at 7.9 My Doctor say’s I should take Lipidil but I’d prefer not to. What would you do if your LPL’s were that high? If you know of anything that could help please link to it here so I can do my own research and decide what’s best for me.

See how you want to know stuff so you can make your own informed decisions? Same reasoning applies to labeling.

Regarding your LPLs. I assume, colloquially, we are talking... "you're cholesterol is high" right? After all, Lipidil is usually for High Cholesterol.

I have Never had mine tested. Nor do I intend to. Because the Cholesterol thing is the biggest hobgoblin going. And to take it on board is to accept that Doctors know more about your body than your body does.

That's because, your body monitors cholesterol and makes it As It NEEDS it. If your body didn't need an LPL of 7.9, it wouldn't be that number.

There is Much which can be said about Cholesterol. More than the limited space in a forum post will allow. But I will add... Who is it that decided that one type of cholesterol was bad and the other good? How was this information presented to the Doctors who'd already graduated Medical School?

Now, there are Many people who think the Cholesterol thing is just a con to make money selling Cholesterol Drugs - I agree. But don't take my word for it. Rationally think about it for yourself. Google Cholesterol Myth or like terms (scam, con, hoax, you get the idea). Check out Karl Loren http://www.karlloren.com for his indepth Cholesterol writings. Have a look at Karen De Coster's blog entries for Cholesterol http://www.karendecoster.com/cgi-bin...ch=cholesterol

If I can be any other help, Please do ask.

Michael Ross
Old October 14, 2008, 09:22 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: The Scams that really scare me . . .

Hi Michael, Thanks for the links. I appreciate being pointed to some good info!

Back in the States in the mid 90’s my Doctor convinced me to go on blood pressure and cholesterol drugs. Shortly after beginning the medications my liver enzymes went up. In 2000 I left my truck driving job to go back into photography and also started installing more Address America signs. Because of all the walking from posting the address sign marketing flyers I lost weight, toned up, and my blood pressure dropped. But my cholesterol was still high even after taking mega doses of Tricor.

When I left the USA and came to Australia I had brought my cholesterol pills with me. During the last leg of my flight Quantis showed the movie “SusperSize Me” and that’s when I threw away the pills and started to research alternatives.

Yesterday I decided to self medicate myself with something that I think can help keep the fats from oxidizing. I found out about this raw supplement from Mike Adams aka The Health Ranger. If this helps me with my arthritis and increases my HDL’s I’ll order more and start actively promoting it. You can check out this new Kiwi raw food product at: http://beam.to/moxxor

My wife and I have permission from the producers of several Raw Food documentaries to show their films to the public so we are going to start hosting screenings for movies like “Simply Raw” “Raw for 30 Days” “Food Matters” “Supercharge Me” and others.

GM foods scare me. Monsanto scares me. The US selling GM seeds to other countries that will sprout and grow but not produce its own viable seed scares me. I’m sure glad that I escaped from the States when I did. Hope others there don’t continue to vote away their freedom to big brother in exchange for security and slavery. Both major political parties are so blinded with hate for each other that they simply cannot see the forest for the trees.

I’m afraid that Gordon’s predictions and those of Mike Adams are right on the money. Maybe not today or tomorrow because the stock market just had it’s biggest one day gain since 1939. But around 2012 – 2016 when the baby boomers are required by law to start cashing out their retirement savings and there are more people retiring each day then entering the workforce . . . something will have to give and give and give. Know what I mean? Only by then. . . like whats going on in China now. . . chances are every other street corner in the nation will have cameras installed to call in the drones if the natives become restless.

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski
Old October 14, 2008, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Steve-Still Testing This on Myself-Your Opinion Please...

Dear Steve,

Thanks for the Raw Cocao recipe.

After talking with a fella named Rick who got rid of his High Blood Pressure, cut his cholesterol levels And eased his arthritis eating The Healthy Chocolate I'm testing.

I ate 2 or 3 pieces Before & After violent Exercise.

I spent 7 hrs yesterday carrying, splitting and stacking firewood. Dad is 88. He drove the front end loader.

I'm not used to this.

In the past I've been very sore.

I should be sore now.

But I don't have the usual muscle pain.

Rick was right.

Anyway...

Rick steered me to a website that I'd like your expert opinion on.

A Doctor interviewing lots of his patients who have high cholesterol, bad LPL's levels and a whole lot more.

AS YOU KNOW...

I attach more belief to testimonials from lots of little guys and gals than FORMAL Scientific studies. Because the big studies and funded by corporations.

The sponsor BRIBES the scientists to say BLACK is white.

I'm in the process of creating my OWN
Testimonials.

PAIN Relief & wgt loss - I've personally verified - so far.

Glenn

=======================

http://www.careenoughtoshare.com/

=======================

Quote:

Thanks,

Steve Shulenski

Last edited by Dien Rice : October 16, 2008 at 12:30 AM. Reason: fixed formatting