SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old May 1, 2020, 07:27 AM

Default Can I have acess to any NPGS Update Hotline newsletter?

Hi,

Is available anywhere the Ben Suarez old NPGS Update Hotline newsletter?

Thank you.
Old May 1, 2020, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Can I have acess to any NPGS Update Hotline newsletter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Hi,

Is available anywhere the Ben Suarez old NPGS Update Hotline newsletter?

Thank you.

Geez, good luck. You might try SCI directly, .they may have some laying around. I haven't seen one in a decade. They're pretty dated, is there anything in particular you were interested in?

Gordon
Old May 1, 2020, 04:07 PM

Hi Gordon!

Well, not anything in specific. I just wanted to read them. The old school stuff is my favorite.

Do you have any recommendation on good newsletters? Beside Gary Halbert.
And the present Dan Kennedy newsletter, I don't like it so much.

And by the way, I searched about the book SuperBiz, and you say here on the Fórum for small potatoes SuperBiz could be better.

I have 7 steps to freedom II, do you think is worth to get it?

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2020, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Default I wouldn't pay for SuperBiz, would accept it as a gift.

Quote:
Hi Gordon!

Well, not anything in specific. I just wanted to read them. The old school stuff is my favorite.

Do you have any recommendation on good newsletters? Beside Gary Halbert.
And the present Dan Kennedy newsletter, I don't like it so much.

And by the way, I searched about the book SuperBiz, and you say here on the Fórum for small potatoes SuperBiz could be better.

I have 7 steps to freedom II, do you think is worth to get it?

Thanks!

Those newsletters featured a product and the promotion used to sell it, it was during their heyday with Sweeps and a lot of jewelry. I was never big on using Sweeps, albeit it made millions for some. I can't think of a single valuable lesson in any of the 26 or so newsletters which would apply today.

Although he was early online, and sold computers, Ben and SCI missed the boat of Internet Marketing, even today, they are very old fashioned and maybe their sales (or lack of them??) reflect that.

SuperBiz wasn't even as good as Ben's brother, Rick, his book on the mail order business, and there were literally hundreds of such books during this time and nothing of BREAKTHROUGH, the closest SCI got was when Marlon Sanders sent us a letter regarding his gang test methods on AOL and CompuServe, and at that time, no one really cared (but me).

I saw the writing on the wall, and took action to get online and make it work. The giant company had infighting, drama, personality and ego, and eventually fell apart, today, it is a mere shadow of what it used to be.

Just my opinion, I too love some reading of old school stuff, but that is purely recreational/memory refreshment.

Except for general sales principles, and even those are dated, I wouldn't advise anyone to waste their time getting these OLD (and mostly dead or dying) masters, when there are so many great opportunities today, they could never wrap their heads around.
c
Don't keep one foot in the old world, take an occasional glance back and look forward to tomorrow, that is my advice.

Gordon
Old May 2, 2020, 04:38 PM

What is the Ben brother's mail order book name?

I really only like the old school stuff, I find on old school books substance. I don't find much substance on this modern gurus. I agree that times are different and more immediate asking for results and not so much deliberated thought.

But the old school books are the ones that I like most.

What really these gurus are teaching? They are teaching techniques that worked for them to make money. Old school guys, of course teach that too, but they teach principles – at least the pioneers.

I bought some stuff from the modern gurus, but again, they teach a lot ephemeral techniques. I prefer to read the old principles and apply them on modern days and discover by myself the techniques and what works. And this have been fitting me very well.

I like Dan Kennedy stuff. Probably my favorite is Bob Bly.
Old May 3, 2020, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Default OK. Can't remember Rick's book name.

Quote:
What is the Ben brother's mail order book name?

I really only like the old school stuff, I find on old school books substance. I don't find much substance on this modern gurus. I agree that times are different and more immediate asking for results and not so much deliberated thought.

But the old school books are the ones that I like most.

What really these gurus are teaching? They are teaching techniques that worked for them to make money. Old school guys, of course teach that too, but they teach principles – at least the pioneers.

I bought some stuff from the modern gurus, but again, they teach a lot ephemeral techniques. I prefer to read the old principles and apply them on modern days and discover by myself the techniques and what works. And this have been fitting me very well.

I like Dan Kennedy stuff. Probably my favorite is Bob Bly.

Well, then you have plenty of stuff to choose from. Only word on those guys, be wise to do what they DO, not what they say to do. How they self promote might be the biggest principles they offer.

Good luck.

Gordon
Old May 3, 2020, 11:58 AM

Default Re: OK. Can't remember Rick's book name.

Thanks Gordon. That's really good advice: looking carefully on what they DO, can't be necessarly what they PREACH.

Thanks again.

Regards.