SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 2, 2006, 06:16 PM
Don Alm

Default "BUMPER STICKER" Bux!

The following may be too late for YOU...THIS year BUT...keep this post in your "Idea" bank to dig up next year. (And...REMEMBER WHO you got it from)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++
November is a BIG "Voting" time!

There's "Political Ads" all over the Radio, TV and Newspapers. Almost every day brings "Political Ads" in the mail.

This year there seems to be MORE "devisiveness" between the Dems & Reps.

So....a few weeks ago...at my weekly "Coffee Clatch"....I introduced an idea "I" thought would be an "INSTANT WINNER".

The Guvner of Oregon is a "Tax & Spend" LIB. His name is "Ted Kulongoski".

So...since I live in the "conservative-rural" area of Oregon, we like the Nick-Name a local Radio Talk Show Host has given the guv;
"TED TAX-N-GOUGE ME"....which sort of rhymes with his name.

I thought that a LOT of people (in Southern, Oregon) would be interested in putting a Bumper Sticker on their vehicles that said;

"NO...TED TAX-N-GOUGE ME!"

...with one of those red "NO" circles and maybe a charicature of the Guv.

Well....2 days later...one of the members of our coffee-clatch calls me and tells me "He's GOT something he'd like me to look at!"

I suggest we call a "Special Meeting" for this. So...we meet and we see a BEAUTIFUL "Bumper Sticker" the guy has made....which he can run off his Inkjet Printer.

He found a way to run off thousands of these if need be.

So....what this is going to take is MARKETING.

I put together a "News Release" for the "Republican" organizations. Along with a Flyer...sent it out with a Sample of the Bumper Sticker to 128 "Conservative, Anti Guv" orgs in the State....asking for orders of 500 for $500 ($1 each)... which they can sell for $2 each...thus doubling their investment. (Costs us $12 cents each in quantity)

I just got word we've received the 40th order of 500 Stickers.....20,000 Stickers at a buck each.....and there's STILL a month to go before Voting Time.

So...next election...think about the POSSIBILITIES of selling "Political Bumper Stickers".....for $2 ea and letting the Political Groups do the selling for you by Sharing the profits with them. "Money" is a GOOD Motivator!

Don Alm