SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 14, 2022, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Default It is OK to post here, even guests, easier than email for me...OK?

Private messages and email are fine, however, I prefer you post unless it is a specific question just for you. In this case, a question and convo, I feel it is better to share with the group, OK?

So, the email query asked about if TRADE SHOWS was the secret to hungry buyers?

NO, I can be cryptic, often accused of being so, in this case, no...my point to seeing what is right in front of us, as most of us walk blindly around looking for opportunity, we often step over dollars to pick up dimes.

I like going into Walmart as soon as it opens, I consider it a classroom of Marketing. In my Buddha example, let me ask you all, who do go into a Walmart, how many times have you ever stopped at the jewelry counter?

Some, probably don't even know there is one. Right in front of our eyes, something we walk right by, without as much as a thought...and having been in the jewelry biz, and having written a lot of promotions for these kinds of items...I like to check and talk to the person at the counter.

Ask what is selling right now, what is popular? What are the favorite gifts? And if you just carry on a decent conversation, the person standing there will give you a lot of useful information.

So, NO, I used the TRADE show as an example of SELLERS ARE BUYERS TOO.

And they are a HUNGRY crowd with money to spend. Would it surprise you to learn the Walmart jewelry counter will be busy as heck from here til the end of the year? Well because of all the Mall closings, and most had at least 3 or 4 jewelry stores in them, and because some shoppers want to see, touch and feel the jewelry they buy...

Target and Walmart specializing in low end fine and what we once called costume jewelry will have BIG years, in the coming months.

Right before your eyes. See?

And NO, I'm not advocating getting into the jewelry biz, or the Trade show biz, just demonstrating where to find the TRAFFIC.

Online, if you sell jewelry, and don't have both an etsy and eBay store, you are not getting all the BUILT IN TRAFFIC there is. Online platforms, like those and craigslist, marketplaces (esp Facebook), all have TRAFFIC.

So, starting out. Instead of selling stuff where you need them coming to you, you go to the INTERSECTION where TRAFFIC already exists.

And using things like items sold in eBay or numbers sold on etsy, it is pretty easy to identify HUNGRY markets.

I am going to try to be less cryptic then maybe I've been in the past. But for now, for anyone here, who is interested in making money.

My song and dance, my story, my go to mantras, lectures and sermons have remained the same for over 3 decades.

You need someone who has money to buy and the DESIRE to do so.
You need to INTERSECT with this person somewhere at some time.
You need to have an offer, maybe one they can't refuse.

The details could be anything, any product, any service. But if you start with what we now call AVATARS, who are Prospects with money to spend and a desire to have.

Then meet them at some intersection of space and time. And have an offer. You can't help but make money.

It really is that simple.

So, worries like TRAFFIC, for example become less important, because one knows where the avatars are, and meets them on their journey.

If this doesn't answer the email question, please post up any followups here, or for the members in general, I stand (un, sit and rock) at the ready to answer your questions now, but if I get some energy back, I'll be back to work and less available than I am right now, so ask away.

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : November 15, 2022 at 03:05 PM.