SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old August 26, 2007, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Default Fly Low-Collect the Dough does NOT mean it has to be "SMALL POTATOES"...

Let's talk about "Small Potatoes"...a relative term.

To billionaires like Gates, Allen, Trump, Cuban, A.L. Williams...perhaps 10 million dollars might be considered a helping of small potatoes. I don't know, although I doubt ANY person disregards 10 million.

The point is, Small Potatoes is relative. A guy with a 120 million dollar company might be perceived that way when compared to a Fortune 500 company.

Likewise, a guy doing 10 million would be "small potatoes" to many too.

IF you are bringing in 10 M Online, you are a Guru/god/SuperHero to the masses.

A thousand dollars a day is a DREAM for 99% of Americans. Yet, to the above, it could be a NIGHTMARE.

There are those people who set out to become RICH (and some even FAMOUS)...and they set the terms of what being rich means to them.

OTHERS, like the guys I write about in "Fly Low and Collect the Dough" prefer a "lifestyle" that suits them.

IF you are a determined person that has put yourself on the get rich track, you'll read things like Think And Grow Rich, and all the books by the Billionaires like Trump.

If you are more of a "lifestyle" person, then you'll read things like my "The Chattel Report-The Sprint to Freedom" and "Beginner's Guide to Chatteling" and Jim Straw's "Snooping Around and Finder's Fees" report and Harvey Brody's old work; "How to Make Money Buying and Selling Anything".

But between the "driven, motivated, fire in the belly" and the "lifestyle" person, who could be an artist or someone who loves what they do...

there is the person that gets elevated by other people's thinking.

And that is where I'm at right now. I'm the Jack of the Small Potatoes, little helpings of success here and there, and a "lifestyle" advocate.

BUT, when you are dealing with people at the upper stratosphere of success, something happens...

SYNERGY.

Dien recently was telling me about a guy he met, an interesting fellow who travels the world doing "DEALS". By talking to this person, and then during our discussion about "deal makers"...WE had a synergistic moment...and the new project was "re BORN".

Synergy of ideas. And if you are dealing with people who know more, do more, have a better grasp of things...and you ASSOCIATE with them...and keep an open mind...then you may be in for the ride of your life.

What do you think about 75 and 80 year old people? Are they OLD? Well, I've had the pleasure of getting to know a couple of "old timers"...both inventors...both excited and energized about their days...and their FUTURES.

One old boy has made remarkable strides the last 5 years in his "career"...and looks forward to what lies ahead. And trust me, he's had a career most of us can only dream about.

The guy 80 years old continues to work, hoping to "perfect" his invention and continues to work on it day after day.

Both of these guys are in great health (due to hard work?...maybe plays a part)...while you read about guys at 65 who have retired and are facing the grim reaper.

My thoughts have been elevated by these two and a few others whom I'm in contact with.

And it has given me energy and drive and a better focus on the future. OH, I'll probably, for the most part, continue to Fly Low, but maybe not. Maybe I'll consider soaring up high to see what the rarified atmosphere of BIG Potato success feels like.

I don't know.

I do know that the ASSOCIATIONS you have on a daily basis have a strong influence on you.

And for you all to consider, the Bobby Kennedy quote:

"Some see things as they are and ask why,
I dream things that never were and ask,

why not?"

It's a new day aborning in my little potato patch, located on the back forty of obscurity...a new day indeed.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. The day after Labor Day is the "take down" date for my Fly Low Collect Dough work: http://www.flylowcollectdough.com

Last edited by GordonJ : August 26, 2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old August 26, 2007, 04:04 PM
innertracks

Default Deal Making Baby Steps

Hi Gordon!

Thank you for this great post, today. (And all the others over the years, as well as your very informative reports.)

Hearing about Associations and Dien's encounter with the Deal Maker is a tremendous inspiration to me!

You see I've spent 20 years of struggle in jobs, dead end careers, jumping from business idea to business idea. Finally a friend pointed me to some information on Joint Ventures and Deal Making that changed everything. He said, "Eric, this is you!" (This was in November, 2006 so it's been a bit slow to get going but gets better every day. Lots to learn and unlearn!)

Finally, something clicked. I really started to appreciate the VALUE in introducing people that could do Win/Win deals together. (Though I still do some product creation every now and then, too.) And more importantly seeing that not only could I do it, but that it was as natural to me as breathing!

Joint ventures, strategic alliances, leverage and more! All those great ideas you, Jim Straw, Dien Rice, Michael Ross and others, both from this forum and elsewhere, have written about.

Value based on agreements! Deal making. My potato garden is planted with pieces of paper!

Associations. How big those potatoes coming out of my garden will be is going to be determined in large part by my Associations. (Which is ultimately determined by MY opinion of myself and reality.)

Here's something else. My Associations are infecting me (in a good way) with more great attitudes, ideas and even more Associations! Wonder if I will pop like a balloon at some point?

I can definitely relate to your comment:
Quote:
It's a new day aborning in my little potato patch, located on the back forty of obscurity...a new day indeed.

Thank you, again. I love to hear about great Association expanding ideas!

Best Wishes,
Eric Cole
(Daily SOWPub visitor, rarely seen, if ever, poster.)

Last edited by innertracks : August 26, 2007 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Title Change
Old August 26, 2007, 10:35 PM
Phil

Default Re: Fly Low-Collect the Dough does NOT mean it has to be "SMALL POTATOES"...

Maybe the “GJA” Advisory committee...

Strategies: The best business ideas travel in groups
http://www.usatoday.com/money/smallb...ommittee_N.htm

Some other Rhonda Abrams articles that may Help some...
http://www.usatoday.com/money/smallb...rams/index.htm

Phil