SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old February 26, 2010, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Default Skip, I'd like to FEATURE you in the update too. May I?

Skip,

I've watched you grow from a single report guy, an affiliate, to having over 160 reports to offer to your members and I'd like to include, that is FEATURE your site in the new Before You Buy Anything 2010 update...and you are right, nothing beats WORK to pick up your energy and get you focused on goals (except, family, friends and some great {or mediocre} sex...and as MeatLoaf might say, 2 out of 3 ain't bad...HA!)...

So, my target date is a March 15 release of the NEW BYBA and I'd love to have as many SowPubbers as I can FEATURED in the FREE report.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Rosell View Post
Hi Gordon,

Good to see you back on the right track health wise. Nothing makes you feel better then doing some productive work. So your new "update" project is a giant step in your return to full health.

Anything I can do to help you along the way, just ask, and I'll do my best.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

P. S. If any of the free reports on my website will fit in with your project your more then welcome to use them. See signature file.
Old February 26, 2010, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Default Glenn, I'd like you to do me a small favor first, (ATTN: Richard Dennis)...

Glenn,

First, I've gotten many terrific ideas from you over the years, and I'd like you to do me a favor (relevant to my answering your questions)...

Go to Google Maps and type in Tallmadge, OH...and use the satellite feature and zoom in until you see the circle and the "spokes" coming out of it.

The reason? This reminds me of YOU and your business. YOU go off in many different directions, BUT, you have a central hub where all the spokes are connected. Down one road it could be NLP use, down another chocolate and network marketing, down another eBay use...but all things come together at the center (which is YOU) and are controlled from there.

Now my opinion on HOTSHEETS for you. ONE hotsheet I'd sugges is a small booklet for your chocolates. Richard Dennis sent me one of these for his $10,000.00 Diet Cookie. It is made from ONE single piece of paper, folded and stapled and it fits into a wallet or pocket. His group attaches a cookie to it and passes it out. I think you'd find some success with this method in addition to what you are currently doing.

The little booklet, the HOTSHEET, is the "keeper" sales message/recruiter and it is 4 color and really NEAT. You might do the same thing with a big red nose (with chocolate inside?) and the HOTSHEET.

Below is #2, about gardening...Our old friend, Mike McGroarty (the Dumb OL Dirt Farmer) is having great success with his www.freeplants.com. I would imagine his group and other gardening groups would appreciate some specialized information, delivered in a quick to read HOTSHEET would be well received.

#4 about pntbter (practicing my twittering) and roaches...down here in FL they give them less offensive names, June Bugs, Palmetto Bugs...but a roach is a roach is a roach and they are big business...that sounds like a good HOTSHEET to me

With your "many spokes" type of business, I'd be inclined to use HOTSHEETS as lead generators, to get names of those interested in other ideas. Truthfully, I give away far more HOTSHEETS than I sell, but I've build some great, RESPONSIVE, albeit small, lists from these because at least I know they have interests in the subject matter.

You can hire someone very cheaply to convert your articles into HOTSHEETS, start spreading them around for free, pass onto your lists or share them with others (like Mike McGroarty for example) and have another source of lead generation...and I KNOW you are great at closing the sale once you have their interest.

If it is OK with Richard Dennis, I'll pass along his template, or perhaps he'll post it up and maybe he can get a few leads for his diet cookie business.

Gordon

PS. Here is a link to my two personal favorite HOTSHEETS I've created.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/attention.pdf and

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/picofhotsheet.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Dear Gordon,

Thanks for the post of your "OLD" Report.

I visited lots of great links.

Found a site that sells, "HOT SHEETS" for 2.00 each.

Question...

I've written up some Topics that were successful and Popular as articles or E-products elsewhere.

Which one of them do you think I should Pick to start? To write up as a Hot Sheet?

You've written a bunch of them
that sell well.

Which is WHY I ask your advice.

I have no experience in the hotsheet market niche.

So I'm hoping you will share a bit of your expertise.

Thanks,
Glenn Osborn

---------------------------------
#1 - Throw Away Your Socks and Save 52 Wasted Hrs A Year
#2 - Confessions of an Angry Gardener Whose Dad Kills Whatever He Plants
#3 - Lose Weight By Eating This Entire Casserole That Feeds Five
#4 - Peanut Butter Traps - Why I Haven’t Had Roaches in 15 Years
#5 - How To Build a Mouse Trap w/A Shoe string, A Bucket and Chocolate
#6 - My Dentist is MAD - Why I Don’t Have Cavities Anymore
#7 - How To Heat A Room for $50 or Less a Month

Last edited by GordonJ : February 26, 2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old February 26, 2010, 02:24 PM

Default A Joe Sugarman PIED PIPER BRIBE Writing idea for Gordon

Dear Gordon,

Thanks.

I DID go to google maps and looked at Tallmadge, OH.

Yikes.

Biggest road circle I've ever seen. (Reminds me of the trampoline in gym class)

Lots of roads coming out of that circle. Good metaphor. I do sell information into *Eager to buy People Niches* based on my hobbies, pet peeves, 50/50 Joint venture projects with my ezine readers.

New interests result in new books too.

I - I scooted over and shot Mike M. a note

II - I read the 1st of your Hot Sheets too. (2nd link didn't open) I've read a thousand books on salesmanship. Your Point about ATTENTION coming before all else is a good one. NEVER comes up in the guru's books.

III - (Mastermind Effect) You've given me an idea to use a Cliffhanger - Rest of story strategy with my HotSheets...

HotSheet - Share a Valuable idea. All of it. (Then put a paragraph and a link at the end if they want THE REST of The Story. Back to my Red Nose Ezine archive or to a current auction or to the entire book on the subject.

And I can change the END Offer to fit.
Use the HotSheet to generate leads.

Thanks,
Glenn Osborn

P.S. - Something FUN back to you for Sharing, Gordon.

Got an idea you might like.

Borrowed from mentor - Joe Sugarman.

What a RASCAL he is in Print!

Joe has a sales letter technique I call, "The Pied Piper BRIBE Method" - where he scatters a BRIBE all thru his book or offer.

I've used it to sell a book I wrote called "UGLY COPYWRITING..." for 157.00 just yesterday on Ebay.

That's a good number for a 162 page book. So I'll be using his BRIBE idea again!

It makes writing the sales letter FUN because you Make Up and HIDE Added Value BRIBES all thru.

Here's the Pied Piper Letter LINK...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2 4517wt_1167
Old February 26, 2010, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Default Thanks Glenn...now, Harvey Brody as the "circle"

Tallmadge circle is one of the busiest "intersections" in the country...and a first timer can get confused and miss his/her exit several times while going around. It is fun to watch, but gets kinda dizzy if you are a passenger.

In the 50's they would "close" the circle for special events, like Halloween. Even today they close it a couple of times a year for parades and events.

Speaking of Joe Sugarman (one of my favs) it made me think of Harvey Brody as the Circle.

The "spokes" that come out of Harvey include Joe Sugarman (who was a houseguest with Harvey), Gary Halbert, Jay Abraham, Ben Suarez and so many other modern marketers.

It is funny how they all have this connection to Harvey, who keeps on rolling along and is still as excited as a kid in candy store...which would be on the corner of South and Southeast Ave.s in Tallmadge, where the great Bumpas Drug Store (and later Emporium) stood. For a nickel I could get a handfull of candy.

YOU too have stimulated me for some good ideas...thanks, as always.

Gordon

PS. Dien is posting up my 15 minute mp3 about Spiders, Snakes and Mice, OH MY. My first sales experience, which took place on Maryann Drive, the first road off of West Ave. in Tallmadge, OH, in 1959. The field where I picked the flowers was at the location now occupied by Serpentini Chevy. When Dien came to Ohio, I took him there and we saw a hanfull of dandelions breaking through the dirt in the backs, remnant sentinels of "Flower Power Selling"...be sure to listen to the mp3 when it is posted, I think you'll like it.
Old February 27, 2010, 12:51 AM
Richard Dennis

Default Re: Glenn, I'd like you to do me a small favor first, (ATTN: Richard Dennis)...

Gordon,

I originally got the booklet pattern from a post you made here at SOWPUB a few years ago. Here is the link:

http://www.ideabook.com/tutorials/pr...l_package.html

And here is the front & back model for the booklet I created. Anyone can feel free to borrow the pattern for their own purpose:

http://nettrafficmachine.com/tools/Back.doc

http://nettrafficmachine.com/tools/Front.doc

Thanks for the original idea, Gordon.

Richard
Old February 27, 2010, 07:18 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: I'll include both sites in the NEW report...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

I'd love to use this post in the new INTRO, is that OK with you Steve?

Gordon Jay Alexander

Hi Gordon, Its cool with me. Thanks!

Steve Shulenski
Old February 27, 2010, 10:50 AM
Skip Rosell

Default Re: Skip, I'd like to FEATURE you in the update too. May I?

Quote:
Skip,

I've watched you grow from a single report guy, an affiliate, to having over 160 reports to offer to your members and I'd like to include, that is FEATURE your site in the new Before You Buy Anything 2010 update...and you are right, nothing beats WORK to pick up your energy and get you focused on goals (except, family, friends and some great {or mediocre} sex...and as MeatLoaf might say, 2 out of 3 ain't bad...HA!)...

So, my target date is a March 15 release of the NEW BYBA and I'd love to have as many SowPubbers as I can FEATURED in the FREE report.

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Thank you very much.

I was lucky because as soon as I got my first computer I found you and Dien and Seeds Of Wisdom forum. That is what started my ride and I have had a ball writing about different ways to make quick cash.

I would be proud to be included in your new project, thank you.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell
Old February 27, 2010, 02:12 PM

Default Thanks Richard - good looking booklet

Dear Richard,

Thanks.

I actually sold a few thousand diet cookies years ago.

By giving away samples.

But they didn't taste that good and people quit eating them.

Maybe you've got this licked now.

Glenn
Old March 5, 2010, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Default On track for a Mar. 15th release. Anybody else?

The new Before You Buy Anything 2010 is 90% done.

I'm now putting links into sites and would prefer to use our friends here at SowPub, so if you'd like to be included, send me an email [email protected] with Subject Header BYBA2010 and I'll see if I can get you in.

The release is on schedule for Mar. 15.

gja

Quote:
You can download the report, Before You Buy Anything 2007 edition here:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/byba07.pdf

Many of you have read this, but some may not have. I'm revising and updating for 2010.

If you have a web site you'd like me to include in the 2010 version, even your own, let me know and I'll check into it. No promises or guarantees, but the 2010 edition will be dynamite.

Gordon Jay Alexander

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/byba07.pdf