SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 24, 2015, 04:13 PM
Don Alm

Default WOW! Take a Look at THIS!

I created a Video using a FREE Program from Microsoft called PhotoStory3.

I grabbed the photos a Home Owner had snapped and placed up on a FSBO (For Sale By Owner site).....put them into a Folder according to the ADDRESS of the Home.....opened PS3.....made a Video with Music Background.....uploaded to my YT Channel.....Optimized the Video and PUBLISHED the Video for the ADDRESS and.....WHALA.....WITHIN 6 MINUTES MY VIDEO (with Full Color Thumbnail) is ON THE 1ST PAGE of Google.....for the ADDRESS of the Home!

Check it out! Go to Google and type in.....732 Callahan Dr Roseburg OR
and SEE what comes up on the FIRST PAGE.

Scroll down and tell me if MY Full Color Thumbnail would NOT Grab the attention of potential Home Buyers!

Now....I've sent the Home Owner (who took the photos and is trying to sell his house WITHOUT having to pay about $10,000 (6% of $179,000) to a Realtor).....an email telling him that I made a Video and got it Ranked on the 1st Page of Google for the ADDRESS and.....if he would like me to keep it up, phone or email me for my FEE ....OR....let me know and I will Take It Down Immediately!

So.....talk about "Making Money in Yer Back Yard"! There are 26 FSBOs in my town right now. I'm betting I get 5 or even 10 to pay me.

Don Alm......Idea Guy AND.....DOER

PS....Let me know what you think of the Video
Old March 24, 2015, 05:51 PM
Don Alm

Default Re: Also.....

Try THIS one!

108 Agate Ct Roseburg OR

TOP OF PAGE ONE IN 6 MINUTES!

Don Alm on a Roll

OOPPPS....SORRY! WRONG ADDRESS and.....IT'S BEEN TURNED OVER TO A REALTOR!

Last edited by Don Alm : March 24, 2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old March 24, 2015, 06:01 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: WOW! Take a Look at THIS!

Thanks Don,

What's great is that you're giving people a template to follow, and also a great example of grabbing the bull by the horns, and going for it!

Sometimes, you have to push yourself to do things. And you're a great living example of that!

Thank you for posting your inspirational posts!

Hopefully you get some people out of their La-Z-Boy armchairs to get up and do something, make some moves, get things happening, and start making a difference to their own lives and in the lives of others too!

Thanks again, Don!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old March 24, 2015, 06:41 PM
sandalwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
I created a Video using a FREE Program from Microsoft called PhotoStory3.

I grabbed the photos a Home Owner had snapped and placed up on a FSBO (For Sale By Owner site).....put them into a Folder according to the ADDRESS of the Home.....opened PS3.....made a Video with Music Background.....uploaded to my YT Channel.....Optimized the Video and PUBLISHED the Video for the ADDRESS and.....WHALA.....WITHIN 6 MINUTES MY VIDEO (with Full Color Thumbnail) is ON THE 1ST PAGE of Google.....for the ADDRESS of the Home!

Check it out! Go to Google and type in.....732 Callahan Dr Roseburg OR
and SEE what comes up on the FIRST PAGE.

Scroll down and tell me if MY Full Color Thumbnail would NOT Grab the attention of potential Home Buyers!

Now....I've sent the Home Owner (who took the photos and is trying to sell his house WITHOUT having to pay about $10,000 (6% of $179,000) to a Realtor).....an email telling him that I made a Video and got it Ranked on the 1st Page of Google for the ADDRESS and.....if he would like me to keep it up, phone or email me for my FEE ....OR....let me know and I will Take It Down Immediately!

So.....talk about "Making Money in Yer Back Yard"! There are 26 FSBOs in my town right now. I'm betting I get 5 or even 10 to pay me.

Don Alm......Idea Guy AND.....DOER

PS....Let me know what you think of the Video

Yuup, attention grabbing for sure. Great job.
Old March 24, 2015, 06:50 PM
ron lafuddy

Default Re: Don, you bugger you!

Don,

I'm sitting here this afternoon, wondering how to sell a program for local
businesses, over the phone. Then I read your "Wow!Take a look at this"
Bang! A light went on and I knew I had the answer.
The "already done" approach is the ticket.

I'll let you know how it works out

Thank you my friend!

Ron

P.S. I like the house video and your email approach but FSBO's can be tight with
the purse strings. Wonder what might develop if you included a commercial in your
video for a local mortgage company?

Would they be willing to pay more than the homeowner?

Would a mortgage company, title company or a local real estate broker be willing
to "sponsor" 5 or 10 such videos for $XXX per month? Heck, you could put all 3 in
there and they could split the cost

Just some ideas off the top of my head to add to the mix. Keep them coming, Don!
Old March 24, 2015, 08:07 PM
TommyBoy

Uh oh, six hours later and no videos are on the front page. Maybe it's the google dance. It's #1 on the Videos tab but not on Google. Hmm. It is a nice video though.
Old March 24, 2015, 08:49 PM
Don Alm

HOLD IT! I just Googled...... 732 Callahan Dr Roseburg OR and it is ON PAGE ONE FOR THE ADDRESS.....Scroll Down SIX spots!

I may have to add some "juice" to it.

And.....I had to take the other one down because the owner turned it over to a Realtor.

Don Alm
Old March 24, 2015, 09:15 PM
RickC

Definitely a numbers game. I wonder if a local Facebook FSBO page with targeted local ads promoting the vids would help? I don't think it would hurt. Like another poster mentioned, you might add some advertisers to the page to go along with your FSBO video profits. I know it's an extra step, but not a difficult one.

In research, I don't see anyone offering such a service, so not sure if that's a good sign or not.
Old April 2, 2015, 09:30 AM
JohnP

Default Re: Don, you bugger you!

Here we are again - seeing another example of Don's Incredible Stream of Ideas in ACTION! Thanks Don!

And Thanks Ron L - This TRIPLE PLAY of Businesses to Highlight in a Single Video seems dam SMART!

Real Estate Agents ALWAYS have a Preferred Group of Vendors they Promote to their Home Buyers and Sellers.

With a PER-EXISTING Relationship with the Agent - Certainly one or two of them would JUMP at the Chance to be FEATURED in a Video that Pops Up on Google Page 1 (Call it GP1).

Yes this thread is about FSBO - but the Concepts could Work Here too. Just need some Fine Tuning.

Does anyone know if at the end of a YT video you can redirect automatically to a web page? I'm guessing NO but I don't know for sure. Then the HOME Seeker doesn't even have to Click a Link to be brought to the FSBO website or a website of your own creation.

JohnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron lafuddy View Post
Don,

P.S. I like the house video and your email approach but FSBO's can be tight with the purse strings. Wonder what might develop if you included a commercial in your video for a local mortgage company?

Would they be willing to pay more than the homeowner?

Would a mortgage company, title company or a local real estate broker be willing to "sponsor" 5 or 10 such videos for $XXX per month? Heck, you could put all 3 in there and they could split the cost

Just some ideas off the top of my head to add to the mix. Keep them coming, Don!