SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 18, 2017, 10:34 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default What I've been doing on Facebook and Twitter...

I've been experimenting with the posts on Sowpub on Facebook... You can see what I'm doing here...

https://www.facebook.com/sowpub

(Just look at the first couple of posts...)

You can see how it's different from what I'm doing on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/sowpub

What do you think?

- Dien
Old July 19, 2017, 10:15 AM
sandalwood

Default Re: What I've been doing on Facebook and Twitter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
I've been experimenting with the posts on Sowpub on Facebook... You can see what I'm doing here...

https://www.facebook.com/sowpub

(Just look at the first couple of posts...)

You can see how it's different from what I'm doing on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/sowpub

What do you think?

- Dien

Dien,

Thanks for including my Sowpub post about ADRs in your posts on both facebook and twitter. I say thank you not for the publicity alone but for the thought that maybe one person will actually take action and save their life.

Super nice of you.

Tom

P.S. I don't see why this won't help Sowpub. I mean these aren't silly or goofy posts. They tell an accurate story and arouse interest.

P.P.S. Here's a link to a story about a lady who helped herself a huge bit by posting selfies: https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/mom-tak...202536982.html I don't know if you are into posting sexy selfies but maybe, just maybe...
Old July 20, 2017, 09:21 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Hmmm... me and sexy selfies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
P.P.S. Here's a link to a story about a lady who helped herself a huge bit by posting selfies: https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/mom-tak...202536982.html I don't know if you are into posting sexy selfies but maybe, just maybe...
Hmm... Thanks for the idea, Tom!

Somehow, I have a feeling people would pay to NOT see me in "sexy selfies"!

Maybe I can spam people with my nude photos... and I only stop sending them when they pay up!

I'll "workshop" the idea...

Best wishes!

Dien
Old July 20, 2017, 01:33 PM
SecretAgentMan

Default Re: Hmmm... me and sexy selfies...

Quote:
Hmm... Thanks for the idea, Tom!

Somehow, I have a feeling people would pay to NOT see me in "sexy selfies"!

Maybe I can spam people with my nude photos... and I only stop sending them when they pay up!

I'll "workshop" the idea...

Best wishes!

Dien

I've been opening up to social media also. Once I started trying to make it a priority to remain present in Facebook Groups and on Warrior Forum and here, I figured why not social media too?

And since I am a time-productivity "junkie", you could say, I think the way you are doing it is best - to use one post in several places. As long as it is regular intervals, odds are something new will be up whenever anyone goes to any of those sites, if they see a duplicate they can skip it.

Then they don't really have to worry about missing something or going to all different sites if they want your content, while at the same time it gives multiple "breadcrumb trails" from many locations to your "toll positions" and multiple ways for people to receive content and value from you!

Very smart
Old July 20, 2017, 06:02 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Here's a bit more of my plan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
I've been opening up to social media also. Once I started trying to make it a priority to remain present in Facebook Groups and on Warrior Forum and here, I figured why not social media too?

And since I am a time-productivity "junkie", you could say, I think the way you are doing it is best - to use one post in several places. As long as it is regular intervals, odds are something new will be up whenever anyone goes to any of those sites, if they see a duplicate they can skip it.

Then they don't really have to worry about missing something or going to all different sites if they want your content, while at the same time it gives multiple "breadcrumb trails" from many locations to your "toll positions" and multiple ways for people to receive content and value from you!

Very smart
Hi,

I'm planning to go "all out" with Facebook promotions in the next few weeks and months...

I've been doing experiments with multiple pages, and have figured out multiple things which work (and many things that don't)...

It's an opportunity now, though. I have no doubt Facebook will be "flooded" in a couple years...

(For those who have been around long enough, this is what happened with Google Adwords... In the early days, you could get ads on Google for peanuts. Then, everybody jumped on... and prices for ads became difficult for the "little guy"...)

Facebook is a different "kettle of fish" though, since engagement is so important... If you can produce stuff that people like (and will share), then it's a great potential opportunity...

I've even been "honing" my video skills, in order to do more video... (Just with my smartphone - you actually don't need more than that to start!)

Best wishes,

Dien
Old July 21, 2017, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Default And how is this monetized?

Quote:
Hi,

I'm planning to go "all out" with Facebook promotions in the next few weeks and months...

I've been doing experiments with multiple pages, and have figured out multiple things which work (and many things that don't)...

It's an opportunity now, though. I have no doubt Facebook will be "flooded" in a couple years...

(For those who have been around long enough, this is what happened with Google Adwords... In the early days, you could get ads on Google for peanuts. Then, everybody jumped on... and prices for ads became difficult for the "little guy"...)

Facebook is a different "kettle of fish" though, since engagement is so important... If you can produce stuff that people like (and will share), then it's a great potential opportunity...

I've even been "honing" my video skills, in order to do more video... (Just with my smartphone - you actually don't need more than that to start!)

Best wishes,

Dien

A potential opportunity?? To do what? Just advertise?

What is your end goal?

Gordon
Old July 21, 2017, 10:19 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: And how is this monetized?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
A potential opportunity?? To do what? Just advertise?

What is your end goal?
Hi Gordon,

I've been "testing" things out on multiple fronts...

One is of course to get prospects to promote various business products to... (I did this mostly late last year, and will be getting back to it, now wiser from finding out what doesn't work!)

I'm also helping a couple friends - one is a singer, the other plays African drums. I've been helping get people to go to their gigs... (Am starting to get some great success with this...)

Facebook is quite different from straight-out advertising, or even email marketing... I'll write more about that a little later...

The thing is, there are multiple strategies that can work on Facebook. What they have in common is you need to get people to "share" your content with their friends. If you can't get people to "share" you are definitely not using Facebook with maximum effectiveness...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old July 24, 2017, 02:19 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: And how is this monetized?

What makes Facebook different from standard direct response advertising?

First, how is email marketing different from direct response mail?

Direct response mail

* It costs money to send a letter
* Can send mail to anybody, as long as you have their mailing address
* Nobody can stop you!

Email marketing is different...

* Sending an email is virtually free
* Legally, you need to have an established relationship with the person receiving the email, or they have to give you permission to email them (by "opting in")
* Legally, you need to give them the option to "opt out" and to stop receiving your emails

This helps explains why some who succeeded well with direct mail, ended up failing with email marketing. They'd just "spam" their emails with pure advertising... This works well with direct mail. But with email, as a result, people will exercise their right to "opt out" - and your email list gradually disappears as people "opt out"...

Also, it means you can't just buy an email list, and start emailing it out of the blue. (That would violate the anti-spam laws.)

Facebook is different again...

* Facebook has so many options to target people, it boggles the mind.
* There are multiple options of what you want people to do as a result of your ad... Do you want the viewer to "Like" your page? To "Like" your post? To watch your video? To go to your website?
* The biggest difference is that people can easily "share" your posts and even your ads... When people "share" your content, it is effectively free advertising for you.
* How people react to your ad is monitored by Facebook, and the more positively they react to your ad, the more people Facebook will show your content to...

From what I've seen so far, there are multiple strategies that can work on Facebook. One guy is selling a lot of his in-person workshops - but he has a big ticket item ($2,000 to $3,000 per workshop). His method (which is very different from what I've seen others do) could work with lower cost products, I might try it. Another person takes another approach to sell music. Another person uses a "free" approach to sell a product, but it isn't really free, because they run a competition and give a big expensive prize (that costs the advertiser real money) to the winner each month. Another person uses a method which is virtually "free" - but they use additional customized software to enhance the "shareworthiness" of their content...

It's fascinating, and I'm sure there are plenty of other strategies that work which I'm not aware of yet...

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : July 24, 2017 at 02:40 PM.