SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old June 14, 2017, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Default Quick update on BUG OUT Plans.

About a month or so ago I did several bug out plans, think they were 5 bux?

Anyhow, got some updates...a couple of you have actually gone on field trips to the places I suggested you peruse and you have found some interesting things. See, getting out and about leads to discovery.

Why would anyone need a bug out plan?
Natural and man made disasters; earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, storms, contagions, riots, police actions, national guard call ups, black outs, chemical spills, gangs, terrorist attacks, or in-laws about to visit.

A cabin in the woods comes in handy.

Do you have a Bug Out plan?

GordonJ

PS. You want a primary route and a couple of alternatives, with destinations in opposite directions if possible.
Old June 16, 2017, 09:37 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default My Bug Out plan is being thought out...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

Anyhow, got some updates...a couple of you have actually gone on field trips to the places I suggested you peruse and you have found some interesting things. See, getting out and about leads to discovery.

Natural and man made disasters; earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, storms, contagions, riots, police actions, national guard call ups, black outs, chemical spills, gangs, terrorist attacks, or in-laws about to visit.

GordonJ

PS. You want a primary route and a couple of alternatives, with destinations in opposite directions if possible.
Hi Gordon,

The world does seem a bit more scary nowadays than it was in the recent past...

Kim Jong Un threatened to vaporize Australia with nuclear weapons a couple months ago. (I live in Australia, though I also have US citizenship...) So that worried me. Experts say it's unlikely that North Korea can reach Australia accurately with nuclear missiles, though, which is a slight comfort... But they're working, working, working on increasing their missile range and accuracy...

(As for the USA... North Korean missiles can't reach the mainland USA yet, but it's believed their missiles could reach Hawaii and Alaska.)

I don't have plans yet... But I should!

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. I've been working diligently (mainly writing)... I also have a survival information business... More will be coming out about that in a few months. Right now, I'm focusing on some other things, but it's all coming...
Old June 17, 2017, 10:03 AM
sandalwood

Default Re: My Bug Out plan is being thought out...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

The world does seem a bit more scary nowadays than it was in the recent past...

Kim Jong Un threatened to vaporize Australia with nuclear weapons a couple months ago. (I live in Australia, though I also have US citizenship...) So that worried me. Experts say it's unlikely that North Korea can reach Australia accurately with nuclear missiles, though, which is a slight comfort... But they're working, working, working on increasing their missile range and accuracy...

(As for the USA... North Korean missiles can't reach the mainland USA yet, but it's believed their missiles could reach Hawaii and Alaska.)

I don't have plans yet... But I should!

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. I've been working diligently (mainly writing)... I also have a survival information business... More will be coming out about that in a few months. Right now, I'm focusing on some other things, but it's all coming...

Dien,

Let's assume North Korea can actually bomb, nuclear or otherwise, Australia. Let's also assume they do. Tell me where you will be "bugging" to. Sounds like your choices are limited even if you do survive the first wave of the attack.

Instead of bugging out, a theme the Agora people are hustling right now BTW, how about bugging in. Or, said another way, how about making yourself as comfortable and wealthy as possible under your current circumstance.
Old June 18, 2017, 08:53 AM
ron lafuddy

Default Now's the time to sharpen your skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

GordonJ

In the U.S. it's summertime. A great time to go camping and to test your bug out plans and gear.

Leave the electronics behind. Take a bike along. Can you peddle the thing for more than a few yards?

Nothing like exposure to the elements to demonstrate how ill prepared and out of shape you really are.

The best laid plans aren't worth a damn if you can't execute them.

Ron
Old June 19, 2017, 12:27 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: My Bug Out plan is being thought out...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Dien,

Let's assume North Korea can actually bomb, nuclear or otherwise, Australia. Let's also assume they do. Tell me where you will be "bugging" to. Sounds like your choices are limited even if you do survive the first wave of the attack.

Instead of bugging out, a theme the Agora people are hustling right now BTW, how about bugging in. Or, said another way, how about making yourself as comfortable and wealthy as possible under your current circumstance.

Dien could go move New Zealand on his Australian passport...No one (yet) has New Zealand in their crosshairs.
Old June 19, 2017, 03:39 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Bugging out to the country (for us city folks)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Dien,

Hi Tom,

My thoughts are, if the North Koreans want to send nuclear missiles to Australia, they'd probably target the big cities. Where I live (metropolitan Melbourne) is the 2nd largest city in Australia, so it could be a target...

However, Australia's quite large (about the same size as the "lower 48" US states). There's a lot of space in between cities... So "bugging out" to the country is certainly a possibility!

In the event of nukes, though, there might not be much time...

Earlier this year, my wife and I took some short trips to some of the smaller towns along the southern Australian coast. There are some very nice places there... I could see myself living there! There's no reason why we couldn't move there...

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : June 19, 2017 at 03:49 AM.
Old June 19, 2017, 03:46 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default No plans to move to NZ yet... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSki View Post
Dien could go move New Zealand on his Australian passport...No one (yet) has New Zealand in their crosshairs.
Hi Steve,

It's certainly true that anyone with Australian citizenship can live in New Zealand (and vice versa)... This is due to an agreement between the two countries...

I've only spent a little bit of time in New Zealand, though. I'm sure I could enjoy it there...

No plans to move at the moment, though!

By the way, Steve, I'm sure you're eligible for Australian citizenship nowadays, if you want it. You can retain your US citizenship in the process...

My family (I came here with my parents and two brothers) lived here for over a decade before we took out Australian citizenship. It used to be you would lose your US citizenship, but then the rules effectively changed, and you could retain it...

On the other hand, as a permanent resident (which is like having a green card), you don't really have any disadvantage compared to Australian citizens. The only real advantage, I think, is if you decide to move back to the States, as a dual citizen you can again move back to Australia any time without restrictions...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old June 19, 2017, 03:48 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default It's good advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron lafuddy View Post
In the U.S. it's summertime. A great time to go camping and to test your bug out plans and gear.

Leave the electronics behind. Take a bike along. Can you peddle the thing for more than a few yards?

Nothing like exposure to the elements to demonstrate how ill prepared and out of shape you really are.

The best laid plans aren't worth a damn if you can't execute them.

Ron
Ron, what you say is true...

The only reason I don't do it is... I'm sure I'd fail the test!

If I never do it, it's always nice to make believe I could...

(Actually, what you say IS good advice!)

Best wishes,

Dien
Old June 20, 2017, 09:27 AM
ron lafuddy

Default Here's what I did

I got serious about getting in shape a few years back.

It changed my outlook and my life.

Parked the car. Started walking, biking, taking the bus at times.

Met people, some handicapped (supposedly) who are doing the most amazing things.

Real walking, talking, miracles in action.

I also saw things while biking/walking that never would have caught my attention just driving by in a car.

Read your original post about "5000 steps per day" Dien, and that got me thinking.

I've been getting up and doing 2000 running-in-place steps to start the day, ever since.

All I know is...I feel good, and I want to maintain that feeling.

Thanks, for your input.

Keep them coming!

Ron
Old June 21, 2017, 10:39 PM
Leanora Buckley

Default Re: Quick update on BUG OUT Plans.

Time for camping and fun outdoor activities with the family! I just love it!