SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 4, 2022, 06:21 PM

Default "Think & Reach Parr..."

Thanks Gordon,

How Would You Test a New Headline to Golfers Gordon?

Where do we Find a Pond full of Golfers to Fish in - a Forum maybe?

Sounds Like Your 4 Shots are really well Tested. Golfing YIPS don't change over the years, right?

So Your 4 Gold Shot Secrets should Still Help CRAZED Golfers.

The Reason I ask.

I Have Something I can Give Away to Golfers - that Drops 5 or 10 Strokes off their game. Which golfers will want to buy more of.

Might be able to Drip Irrigation
Market using Your 4 Secret Strokes.

Make Moolah front End (Give Away Reports (Sell the Videos) AND Backend.

BackEnd -

I've Done this Face to Face. Driving Range. But - To do it from Home - I have to Get Them on Speaker-Phone - While on a driving Range
or GolfCourse to Demonstrate.

Which Takes TRUST.

Thanks,
Glenn
Old July 5, 2022, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Default Kind of makes me sick to think about it...

TARP, may be, the best work I've ever done. Based on years of research, thousands of hours of video taping hundreds of golfers; from pros to beginners, using a computer program...

high speed cameras,
radar guns,
club head tracking devices; including angle of descent, club face position at impact...

And having one of the best trained EYES in all of golfdom, as the old would say, no brag, just fact.

And it could be of great value to maybe millions of golfers around the world...

and therefore, could be very valuable if it went on the market...

But,

Today's golfer, with some exceptions, are not worthy of this work.

You want a headline? Think EGO. Self. and of course, macho long drives.

That is all you need to sell almost anything to this pack of whatevers.

No thanks, but thanks for thinking of me.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Thanks Gordon,

How Would You Test a New Headline to Golfers Gordon?

Where do we Find a Pond full of Golfers to Fish in - a Forum maybe?

Sounds Like Your 4 Shots are really well Tested. Golfing YIPS don't change over the years, right?

So Your 4 Gold Shot Secrets should Still Help CRAZED Golfers.

The Reason I ask.

I Have Something I can Give Away to Golfers - that Drops 5 or 10 Strokes off their game. Which golfers will want to buy more of.

Might be able to Drip Irrigation
Market using Your 4 Secret Strokes.

Make Moolah front End (Give Away Reports (Sell the Videos) AND Backend.

BackEnd -

I've Done this Face to Face. Driving Range. But - To do it from Home - I have to Get Them on Speaker-Phone - While on a driving Range
or GolfCourse to Demonstrate.

Which Takes TRUST.

Thanks,
Glenn
Old July 6, 2022, 04:29 PM

Default Ok - A Better Question Gordon

Gracias Gordon,

The Question.

How Did You Get Started playing golf in such a way you didn't join the Ranks of The Golf Duffers?

In College I used to Stand by a Tree in some woods near the Golf Course. Actually have to Duck Behind trees. Golf balls were dropping like apples off a tree.

At a Driving Range - Where I took My Ben Hogan book to be Signed. To Get Rapport so I could TALK to Weekend Golfers.

The Sunday Golfers were spraying golf balls all over.

What Did YOU do Differently when You Got Started?

Thanks,
Glenn
Old July 6, 2022, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Default My dad, and Jack Nicklaus.

My dad was a good golfer.
My older brother was a gifted athlete, leftie, pitcher, hitter baseball all star.

I was a squatty fat kid with a flattop, without a hint of coordination (maybe I was the milkman's son)...but I wanted to play too. After taking several fastballs to the head, and that might explain something...

one day my dad and I went on a day trip, to Columbus to see a college golfer named Jack Nicklaus...we got there just in time to see him on the range.

Jack then, was not the svelte Golden Bear he would later become. My dad said something like, "See that fat kid with the flat top, maybe golf will be your thing."

That, plus the fact I lived less than a mile from two golf courses, and would play for free...scrounging balls and sneaking on, was a part of it too.

Even after I gained a little coordination and athleticism, I practiced golf everyday, putting if nothing else, but also, even back then we had an indoor facility to hit balls into nets.

BUT, what helped me the most, was going to FIRESTONE CC. to watch pros play, there was a TV show on over the summer and at the end, it hosted the world series of golf.

On any given day, any pro could have a great round, win the day. And great rounds were ones with the least number of errors.

And most errors, were/ARE mental mistakes. And although tons of books and articles written about them, there isn't one work, except for TARP, which gives all golfers, pro to duffer, the tools to eliminate the mental mistakes.

Thanks for asking.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Gracias Gordon,

The Question.

How Did You Get Started playing golf in such a way you didn't join the Ranks of The Golf Duffers?

In College I used to Stand by a Tree in some woods near the Golf Course. Actually have to Duck Behind trees. Golf balls were dropping like apples off a tree.

At a Driving Range - Where I took My Ben Hogan book to be Signed. To Get Rapport so I could TALK to Weekend Golfers.

The Sunday Golfers were spraying golf balls all over.

What Did YOU do Differently when You Got Started?

Thanks,
Glenn