SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 3, 2017, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Default What you want, so far.

What you say you want from us, summary:

How about case studies of what marketing or advertising approaches worked? And are WORKING, in today's world. I think we can do this.

I don't understand how to advertise on Facebook or if it's even worth it. Dien is really getting into testing this, probably by the Fall, we'll have some results, maybe some NEW case studies.

You want current results because what you did a few years back, doesn't produce results. We can probably share some of the success with the group.

You want to see more here about selling digital information, and you want tested and proven real, A-Z steps to accomplishing specific things,

We will probably be doing more Joint Ventures here, tapping into YOUR expertise and assisting YOU to sell to our lists and members. For me, I do have a list of projects I'd like to do, but, TIME is, as it always has been, the critical issue for me, I think Dien might feel the same at this point. It is easier for me to edit, advise and assist YOU in creating digital information and having everyone WIN, mutual benefit for you, your customer and us. Always open to ideas.

Dien has been using ifttt, here is LINK to a 2015 thread

http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35560

We are also building more of a Facebook, and Twitter presence, (Dien is), so we may have some groups to discuss some of the old stuff, which still works.

"I'd also love to see Spiders and Snakes finished. That's a book I'd buy!
" My daughter and I are working on a book, and I'm playing with animation software, to see if I can make a little movie too. It is the foundation on which I built a good life on and is based on lessons learned one hot Spring day in 1960. Like a lot of my work, it doesn't get the attention (MINE) it deserves.

Maybe a $1 kindle book on entrepreneurial secrets from the legends on SOWPUB might also "kindle" interest from a fresh market? Include links to resources on SOW? Good idea, maybe I can combine the best of SOWPUB with Nectar of the masters, and mobi that baby, OR...one of you could take this on...HINT!

We want to invite you and your smartest friends, not sure how. The good guys get invited to a lot of parties, so we always welcome people, our party door is open, but maybe the Sorority House is throwing a more inviting party...but we agree, like to increase the WHO visits and let them bring the what.

You want practical money making ideas , tips that can be found no where else.
This is hard to do, we uncover secrets from lots of folk, but we feel we've been sharing PRACTICAL money making ideas for 18 years, hope to keep doing it.

As to “many more members” here, we've always had the Welcome sign out, however, we are careful not to get overloaded like Warrior Forum, and more members means more work for us. The point I've been trying to make here is, we will be doing less work here, not trying to increase the workload.

As for a “massive increase” in members? NO thanks.

As for political debates, we've NEVER encouraged them, in fact lost a few valuable contributors because they couldn't contain their politics.

SowPub has always been about business and making money, if anyone feels we've encouraged political debate, you must have landed here an a very unusual day!

We'll think about more prizes, bribes, gifts, give it some thought. We will NOT be offering blogs or sub forums to anyone.

Yes Google likes us, SowPub is frequently on Page One for many business or money making ideas, thanks to all the participation over the years.

The mention of George Haylings, set off a lot of good ideas, I remember discussing George with Dien and Rick Smith when Dien came to Ohio. Dien's newsletters cover a lot of this.

Early Internet “Georges” included Ron Ruiz, Dave Bancroft and SowPub, with many contributors who recalled: Dean DuVall, Ernest Weckesser, Joe Karbo, George Haylings, and a host of others.

Thanks to all who posted, we will give every idea a good review, flesh things out and hopefully keep Sowpub humming along and with YOUR help, make it even better.

TWO days left, if you have anything to add, please do, and get a chance for a nice gift. Add to this thread, OR the original What do you want? thread.

Gordon and Dien