SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 23, 2015, 12:40 PM
sandalwood

Default Another way to make money

Don has given us all plenty of ideas how to make money. I say thank you to Don for that. I just figured it was my turn.

Since I think it is my turn, here are just six of the arenas that NEED the services I am about to write about:

Hotels, Medical, Restaurants, Funeral Homes, Manufacturers, Commercial property owners

The beauty of this program is you don't do any of the heavy lifting. In fact, you aren't allowed to do any of the heavy lifting. Only the licensed practitioner can do the work.

The program is called cost segregation. The practitioner will perform studies in property tax recovery, energy tax audits, incentive audits, hiring incentives, cell phone billing, vendor screening, income tax audits plus many other every day business activities.

Here are 3 hotels the company did studies for:

Holiday Inn

Hotel, New York

Cost Segregation Benefit ~ $3.6M

Lexington Inn & Suites

Hotel, Montana

Cost Segregation Benefit ~ $136K

Town Place Suites

2 Property Hotel, Maryland

Cost Segregation Benefit ~ $454K

Pay attention to the cost segregation benefit amount. That is the amount on which you get paid.

I have already laid the ground work with some of the biggest commercial real estate brokers in my city. I didn't use any SEO, linkedin, facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. tips, tricks or techniques. I didn't buy any WSOs or any other guru reports. I simply made an appointment with them took in one flyer and gave them a 15 minute presentation.

I do not know if I will get any business but I do know all it takes is 1, ONE, client to book these services and get a big refund check and I won't have to tell anyone else. They'll be calling me. Yes, that can be called wishful thinking but that's how I think. Do you think you could talk to ONE business owner?

Now, how can you do the same thing? If you want to know, write me at:

tellmenow at hushmail dot com and I will tell you. Make cost segregation the subject.

Since this is a forum of thinkers and some doers I thought I'd present my make money by doing nothing program. Well, not exactly doing nothing but next to nothing.

I will only reveal the website that has all of the details to the people who write me. I believe that to be only fair.

I did not extend this offer to anybody on the WF or any other forum. I like the chumminess of this forum and the overall helpful mindset of the population.

And, it won't cost you a dime to start doing this program. You don't need a license, permit or dog tag. You only need to be willing to talk to people you already know who own a business. And, it is NOT MLM or any sort of downline building horse hockey. You will have to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

If you don't live in the US, please don't write me. We don't go beyond the sea to shining sea. Not yet anyway...

Thanks for reading.
Old April 23, 2015, 05:01 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Another way to make money

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Don has given us all plenty of ideas how to make money. I say thank you to Don for that. I just figured it was my turn.

Since I think it is my turn, here are just six of the arenas that NEED the services I am about to write about:

Hotels, Medical, Restaurants, Funeral Homes, Manufacturers, Commercial property owners

The beauty of this program is you don't do any of the heavy lifting. In fact, you aren't allowed to do any of the heavy lifting. Only the licensed practitioner can do the work.

The program is called cost segregation. The practitioner will perform studies in property tax recovery, energy tax audits, incentive audits, hiring incentives, cell phone billing, vendor screening, income tax audits plus many other every day business activities.
Hi Tom,

It definitely sounds intriguing...!

It sounds like the kind of business where you find clients for the company, and get paid a commission for each client which signs up. Am I on the right track?

Best wishes,

Dien
Old April 23, 2015, 05:28 PM
sandalwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Tom,

It definitely sounds intriguing...!

It sounds like the kind of business where you find clients for the company, and get paid a commission for each client which signs up. Am I on the right track?

Best wishes,

Dien

Dien,

Yes you are correct. The idea is to save them a ton of money. It is surprising how many of their CPA types don't have a full grasp on IRS laws and other pertinent related laws.

Everything is done working with their present relationships. That is why it is so successful. We don't remove any established relationship from the process. I was astounded when I was first introduced to this, as I call it, adventure.

I wish they'd branch out into Australia so I could visit some of my friends and write the trip off as a business expense.
Old April 23, 2015, 05:47 PM
Thomas

Cost segregation service has been around for a while, but it became much easier with improvement in specialized software programs. I looked into it few years back when I was offered to buy my accountant's firm.

It's kinda funny niche. When you do a local google search, you'll find a lot competitors, mainly CPA firms. What's interesting, most of them are just re-sellers of one of the bigger software/service companies that actually perform the cost segregation. :-)

Some CPAs will do less complex projects in-house, but anything more involved gets passed on to specialized companies that are not always in the U.S...

I don't have the info in front of me, but I when I was doing my research, I actually got in touch with few companies that developed their own software. They offered white label service/reseller deals, even if you are not a CPA, EA (enrolled agent) or income tax service company. They prefered professionals, but it wasn't mandatory.

It has a nice income potential, some deals can pay five figures. Go for it, Tom!

PS. Also, a lot of resellers for "business valuation" services.
Old April 23, 2015, 06:03 PM
sandalwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Cost segregation service has been around for a while, but it became much easier with improvement in specialized software programs. I looked into it few years back when I was offered to buy my accountant's firm.

It's kinda funny niche. When you do a local google search, you'll find a lot competitors, mainly CPA firms. What's interesting, most of them are just re-sellers of one of the bigger software/service companies that actually perform the cost segregation. :-)

Some CPAs will do less complex projects in-house, but anything more involved gets passed on to specialized companies that are not always in the U.S...

I don't have the info in front of me, but I when I was doing my research, I actually got in touch with few companies that developed their own software. They offered white label service/reseller deals, even if you are not a CPA, EA (enrolled agent) or income tax service company. They prefered professionals, but it wasn't mandatory.

It has a nice income potential, some deals can pay five figures. Go for it, Tom!

PS. Also, a lot of resellers for "business valuation" services.

Thomas,

Thank you for the nice words. If you wish to get more information, drop me a line. It sounds like you might make a ton of $$$ given what you already know.

By the way, we are US based with only professionals in their respective fields. We aren't looking for wannabe practitioners. And, we don't offer white labeling or press 1 for English...

Tom
Old April 23, 2015, 10:17 PM
teamplayer

This sounds like something I looked into a number of years ago. I got a number of courses all from the same company. One was how to check telephone bills of businesses and find out how they were overcharged (they usually are due to the complexity of the systems) you would get 50 percent of the refund. Which could be thousands of dollars. Another course, one of my favorites, was to check businesses for mistakes on their rental agreement. For example they might be paying rent for 5,000 square feet. You measure it and its only $4,500 square feet) The business gets a refund that could go back for years of rent.
It goes on and on. One company specializes in auditing bills from major law firms.
As you might imagine they get refunds up to a million or more.
There was story in the news a few years ago about a black church that had been paying taxes that should not have been applied to them. They got a
6 figure refund. I remember in the area I used to live in New jersey it was decided that the rent that commercial renters were paying in that area was wrong and that they should get the money back they had paid on it.
Now imagine how many business owners did not know this or had moved and were entitled to this money. This all relates to my post on unclaimed funds.
I find it fascinating because there are these huge sums of money out there
just waiting for people to collect. IF they knew.
Old April 25, 2015, 07:23 AM
bobmcalister

well....I couldnt get the email to work ...mind pm ing me here ?
Old April 25, 2015, 10:33 AM
Robert J.

How do we reach you, Sandals? I sent a PM, in case that works for you.
Old April 25, 2015, 11:04 AM
sandalwood

Thanks to everyone who requested information. My email address is in the body of my post. I simply wrote it out so the email scrapers don't grab it. I have enough junk already in my inbox. I don't need any more.

I have responded to everyone's request for information. If you intend to pursue this avenue I need your signed NDA. We can then move forward. It is surprisingly simple and I would be willing to bet you have never done less in your life and received as much. Just my thinking...
Old April 25, 2015, 02:23 PM
Don Alm

This reminds me of one of my "Hot Flashes"

My wifee had a retail Antique Shoppe and one day she got a flyer from the local Community College announcing an upcoming all day seminar on

"How To Find What Your Business is Worth"!

I called and registered for the class. The clerk who answered told me the seminar would be held in a classroom off the main lunchroom and that I should call a day before the class to make sure of the location.

I called a day before and she told me the response was HUGE and that the seminar would be held in the Main Lunchroom.

When I got there I found some biz owners I knew and asked WHY they were there. They all responded with; "I'd just like to know...for my own information!"

The course was very informative and I got one of my "HOT Flashes". Why don't I take some of this info, couple it with a software program and sell it to BiZ Owners.

Well.....I put together a Report and found a Programmer who created a Floppy Disk for me. All a biz owner has to do is enter numbers from their Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement....click a couple buttons and Whala.....a Number comes up that represents the "Worth" of a bizness.

I named this program "Biz-Worth" and proceeded to sell it by sending out postcards (see photo) and I also put up a Sales Page on a website.

The response was awesome. I charged $95 for the Floppy & Report.

I also ran ads in biz mags where I got prospects to Phone my voice-mail ("FREE Recorded Message Reveals How To Find What Your Business is Worth, in the Privacy of Your Office. Phone 555-1212 24hrs!"

Now.....pay CLOSE ATTENTION to the following. I got people to call my Voice mail and leave their Name AND Address to receive the Info HOWEVER... instead of just sending a Sales Letter.....I also INCLUDED THE FLOPPY!

And at the end of the Sales Letter I mentioned that.....they don't have to Wait for the Software to be sent to them.....or Wonder IF they'll receive it.... THEY ALREADY HAVE IT! It's IN the enclosed CD but it's Locked. To unlock it they just need to phone my Order Service and the clerk will provide them with a CODE to UnLock the Floppy.

What I was appealing to was the awesome power of "Curiosity"! They ALREADY had the program....all they had to do was UnLock it!

Sales went thru the Roof!

Anyways.....maybe you can use this with a project where you get prospects to ask for More Info and.....when you send the info....also include an "Encrypted" CD!

Don Alm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DonAlmBizWorthAd.JPG (81.3 KB, 18 views)