SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old August 22, 2009, 02:57 PM
Sandi Bowman

Default Passage notice

Leslie Fountain of the Friends In Business (FIB) board passed away last night. She will be missed by many folks so thought I'd let you know in case you hadn't heard.

Sandi Bowman
Old August 22, 2009, 04:47 PM
Phil

Default Re: Passage notice

Sandi,

Thanks for letting us know. That was definitely a shock to hear! So sad and so Many recent passings on the internet marketing scene lately, especially on the warrior forum and now on Friends in business...

My Deepest sympathy and condolences to Doug, family, friends and all forum members...

Even though I never participated on the friends in business forum, (unfortunately, only so many hours in a day)

I've read through much of the Great content on that forum too and became well aware of Leslie's support for Allwebco hosting and other Excellent resources and information over the years...

Definitely a very sad time. I hope it's ok to post the following on SowPubs. As always, I like to keep informed and I'm sure others may be interested too. Very unfortunate that the friends in business forum may be coming down within the next few months...

Hopefully some other possibilities might be re-considered before a final decision has been made as it would be a shame for the internet to lose such an informative resource of Leslie's Fountain's hard work over the Many years! Just my sincere thoughts and again...

My Deepest sympathy and condolences to Doug, family, friends and all forum members...
http://www.friendsinbusiness.com/boa...gi/read/159696
http://www.friendsinbusiness.com/boa...gi/read/159693

Sandi, you're welcome to post this thread or my comments on the friends in business forum if that's allowed... I'd appreciate it if you could...

Thanks!
Phil

Last edited by Phil : August 22, 2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: additional info...
Old August 22, 2009, 08:51 PM
Sandi Bowman

Phil, your message has been posted twice: once by me and also by Mindy so I'm sure Doug and the family will see it and appreciate your comments.

Sandi Bowman
Old August 23, 2009, 04:23 AM
Phil

Default Thanks Sandi and Mindy...

Makes us Truly realize on how Life can just Change at a Moments notice...

We All need to just slow down a little from our busy Life schedules and smell the roses...

"Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think." Horace quotes (Ancient Roman poet. 65 BC-8 BC)

Phil

Last edited by Phil : August 23, 2009 at 04:35 AM. Reason: additional info...
Old August 24, 2009, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Default On behalf of Dien and myself, sincere condolences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi Bowman View Post
Leslie Fountain of the Friends In Business (FIB) board passed away last night. She will be missed by many folks so thought I'd let you know in case you hadn't heard.

Sandi Bowman

Thank you Sandi for letting us know. It is very sad. Dien is traveling in US and I'm on assignment in PA and we extend our sincere condolences to the Fountain family. FIB was one of the first business forums and we hope her family and friends will somehow keep it alive in Leslie's memory. It is shocking news.

Gordon Alexander and Dien Rice, Co-Founders of Seeds of Wisdom Publishing
Old August 27, 2009, 10:19 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: On behalf of Dien and myself, sincere condolences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Thank you Sandi for letting us know. It is very sad. Dien is traveling in US and I'm on assignment in PA and we extend our sincere condolences to the Fountain family. FIB was one of the first business forums and we hope her family and friends will somehow keep it alive in Leslie's memory. It is shocking news.

Gordon Alexander and Dien Rice, Co-Founders of Seeds of Wisdom Publishing
Thanks for posting about this, Sandi. Lesley was a truly sincere lady, who did her best to help people, and was also a true go-getter herself who I had a lot of respect for. It is really sad and shocking to hear about this...

I also posted this on Lesley's Friends in Business board...

Quote:
Subject: Re: MaaMaws passing

Posted By: Dien Rice

In Response To: MaaMaws passing (MaaMaw's Husband)

I am shocked and saddened to hear this news.

I always respected Lesley, she accomplished many things and no one can deny that she was a real "go-getter". In addition to that, through this website she helped many people out of trouble, and prevented them from getting into trouble.

There's no doubt she did a lot of good in her life. I'm sure she'll be blessed for the good things she's done.

I lost my father earlier this year very suddenly and unexpectedly, so I know first-hand the hardship her family is going through.

Dien Rice

(I've been traveling, and only just learned of this sad news...)
Old August 27, 2009, 11:19 PM
Pappy

Prayers go out for her family and friends.

Pappy