SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old September 23, 2006, 03:53 PM
Don Alm

Default THREE Sowpubbers have taken the most important Step....

Just from my post about "Making Money with Real Estate Listing Sheets"..."Placing Ads on the Back of Listing Sheets"....3 Sowpubbers have sent me emails telling how THEY have "TAKEN THE FIRST STEP".....and decided to do this and....saying how they have put together "Samples" and can't wait to visit their first Realtor Monday Morning.

So....just from ONE article...3 people have taken action

The 3 "Positive Thinking" folks, refused to consider why this can't be done....and went out to their neighborhoods...found some "Weatherproof Boxes" in front of homes for sale....opened the boxes, took out the Sales Flyers (aka Listing Sheets)....and sure enough....there they were....CHEAP PIECES OF PAPER ATTEMPTING TO SELL EXPENSIVE PROPERTIES!

And...when they looked on the backside what did they find?

NOTHING! The back was BLANK!

They ALSO thought...."What a GREAT SPOT for sponsors!"

One of them even took the time to sit in his car across the street from one of these Sales Boxes to watch and see what people do when they pick out these sheets. He had to wait about a half hour before his first "subject" arrived and....sure nuff....the guy parked his car...got out and went over to the box...opened the top and pulled out a sheet....looked at the front and... guess what he did next?

Yup! "HE TURNED IT OVER AND LOOKED AT THE BACKSIDE!"

So....after watching a few more people DO THE SAME....he was convinced, as I was, that...."HERE IS A BRAND NEW ADVERTISING MEDIUM!"

WHALA! Someone is going to "Hit the Motherlode" with this!

As I reported...Getting Real Estate offices to go for this was easy...it's FREE to them. And...they gave me all the possible Sponsors I needed.

And when I presented the program to them THEY JUMPED AT THE OPPORTUNITY TO REACH PEOPLE "LOOKING FOR HOMES TO BUY"!

Again....I am NOT "selling" anything here! I am simply "providing information on a UNIQUE, NEW WAY....I DISCOVERED...... TO MAKE MONEY WITHOUT HAVING TO INVEST MORE THAN A FEW DOLLARS TO MAKE UP SOME SAMPLES (using MSPublisher and an Inkjet Printer)... PLACE THEM INTO 20cent SHEET PROTECTORS AND PLACE THE SHEET PROTECTORS INTO A "1.49", 3-Ring Binder....and go out and visit some Realtors and Sponsors who would like to show their business to "Home Buyers".

Now....I'm NOT going to "give away the whole ballgame"....BUT....there are now THREE PEOPLE who have taken the FIRST STEP....and I will bet that ALL will make some money with this....it's too good an idea....and possibly 1 will make some "serious" money.

Also....as I mentioned earlier....you learned about THIS...from ME...Don Alm. So....as I expect....you will soon be seeing Ads for a "Report" on THIS...from others...... hitting your emails.

REMEMBER ONE THING;

"YOU LEARNED ABOUT THIS ON SOWPUB....FROM DON ALM!

Best of Success to you,

Don Alm...."Idea Person"

Last edited by GordonJ : September 23, 2006 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Edited out names and venomous comments. GJA
Old September 23, 2006, 09:56 PM
Capt Charley

Default Re: THREE Sowpubbers have taken the most important Step....

Looks like a great idea...I'm going for it. Thanks Don
Capt Charley
Old September 23, 2006, 10:43 PM
Don Alm

That makes FOUR Sowpubbers. Actually, SEVEN!

3 other folks have sent me emails saying they were making up Samples and going out Monday morn.

Yahooo! Maybe THIS could turn from being a "silly idea" into providing "Passive Income" for some folks here.

Ya never knows unless'n ya tries.

Don Alm
Old September 23, 2006, 10:55 PM
LindaC

Hi Capt Charley,

I agree. I think Don's ads on MLS sheets is a workable idea. I plan on forgeing ahead.

Also, If you or anyone who is planning on giving Don’s ads on MLS sheets a try would like to share information...please send me an e-mail.

My Best 2 U,

Linda
Old September 24, 2006, 04:57 AM
Bruce R

Default Re: What Costs Are There To Make It Work?

I also think Don's got an interesting idea for the Realtor Flyers....BUT, I don't see how the costs pan out to be profitable....

1. Most of the flyers in my area that RE agents provide in curbside boxes and other places are COLOR - at least the pictures of the property and interior rooms are usually COLOR. Ok, say even a small single office is currently carrying 50 listings.

Assume they go thru 20 sheets a week at display boxes and another 20 at a monthly Open House PER LISTING. That equals 100 FLYERS PER LISTING per month. Each flyer will be different on one side. Which means each printing/copying run will have no more than 100 before a different one is printed. ....so you will be printing 50 DIFFFERENT FLYERS on one side (and all the same ads on other)

Assuming color, what is this print job going to cost?... and this will be for JUST ONE OFFICE....

Even if you get 100 bucks per AD and sell 6 ads on the back of the flyer, it seems to be eaten up by the printing cost??

(100 2 sided color per listing per month X 50 listings (in example) = 5000 flyers for one office's listings. -You would need these thousands of flyers being distributed per month per office to get decent amount from each advertiser.)

Even black and white flyers would be costly because each one on the 'property description side' would be different.

Tell me what I'm missing?
Old September 24, 2006, 09:58 AM
strange1

Send me an email Linda let me know how it goes Thanks...John
Old September 24, 2006, 11:07 AM
ALL_Promotions

Default Re: What Costs Are There To Make It Work?

Bruce,

I would have the color flyers printed with just the business ads on one side and then provide them to the realtor that has agreed to work the program. They can then continue to print the listing as they normaly have done. In my area it looks like they run them off a color laser or an ink jet printer as needed.

-Terry
Old September 24, 2006, 01:10 PM
-TW

Just print 'em genericly -- then have your advert sheets STAPLED to the RE sheets.
Old September 24, 2006, 03:09 PM
Bruce R

Default Re: What Does Realtor Get Out Of It???

A couple of you have answered my earlier post about the costs - thanks....you've said just have the realtor staple their OWN PRINTED PROPERTY SHEETS to the AD sheet...OK, I got it...That would solve the high cost problem and personalization issues with the other approach rerinting.....BUT, what does the REALTOR get out of all this???

I thought the Realtor was not paying for anything?...we were supplying him/her with listing sheets with ads on back. We were to charge advertisers for the ads....all realtor did was distribute sheets.

Now, what you're saying is realtors still have to print their own individual property sheets in quantity, and now they have to staple OUR AD SHEETS to their sheets....all for WHAT????....why should they do ANY of this???

Are they now to SHARE in the AD revenue?
I can tell you the Realtors are NOT going to do this for nothing..

Bruce
Old September 24, 2006, 04:26 PM
myfunbiz

I emailed you, too, Don but have not heard.
I'd like to get further details as well.

Thanks so much,
Gabrielle