SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old October 4, 2006, 12:25 PM
bobmcalister

Default mike enlow and company /

seemslike a really nice, cooperative guy ...

wanted to ask if any of yo have had any experiences with Mike and/or his company ?

thaks
Old October 4, 2006, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: mike enlow and company /

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcalister View Post
seemslike a really nice, cooperative guy ...

wanted to ask if any of yo have had any experiences with Mike and/or his company ?

thaks
I did a long time a go but he got real sick and never did here anything from his company...his website just went down hill...nobody every updated any of his information. He was one of the 1st internet marketing Gura's.
Old October 4, 2006, 04:06 PM
bobmcalister

thanks..

i was in touch with him yesterday and he is ready to go ...or someone posing as Mike..is ready to go ..

I am cnsidering buying his stuff...did you ever use it ?

thanks
Old October 4, 2006, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
thanks..

i was in touch with him yesterday and he is ready to go ...or someone posing as Mike..is ready to go ..

thanks
What website address or what information do you have John, I use to be a member of his Encircle...club John....
Old October 4, 2006, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What website address or what information do you have John, I use to be a member of his Encircle...club John....

Send me your email address John...will send you the information I had John.
Old October 5, 2006, 09:34 AM
strange1

Quote:
thanks..

thanks

Did you get anymore information, from Mike Enlow, If you check out his website it is up for sale John !!!!http://www.enlowcircle.com/innercircle
Old October 5, 2006, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Default The little known, but somewhat interesting, history of marketing begatting...

In the beginning was the word...

ADVERTISE.

This is a just for fun post, I might even mention Mike Enlow somewhere in it, OOPS, just took care of that obligation.

We have a very rich history here in Akron, OH relating to Mail Order or the Direct Marketing Industry. If you ever visit and stay at the Quaker hotel, you'll see some of the very first direct marketing promotions ever created by the forerunner of the Quaker Oats cereal company.

A couple of years ago I spent many an hour in the ARCHIVES of the Akron Library and found tons of ads from the Civil War era through the 20's, the FIRST heyday of Mail Order when "salesmanship in print" was discovered.

Bikes that sold for 100 bux, and they sold thousands of these, shipped by rail,were advertised in just about every popular publication of the day.

And the longest running ads for a single non-consumable product that has been advertised...BINOCULARS. They were selling WAR surplus binoculars in 1864. WOW. And the ads read pert near the same as they do today.

Anyhow, on with the history lesson.

Patent medicine was rampant, and those ads, which read a lot like the Magalogs you get in the mail today that have been written by star copywriters, was one of the turning points. Patent medicine actually led to legislation about advertising and helped create the FDA and the FTC.

OK. Then the depression came. Then WW II. And then the Baby BOOM and the building of suburbs and the second great wave of Mail Order/Direct Marketing came about.

Some of these "pioneers", such as Mr. Set it and forget It, Ron Popeil
tapped into a hungry market of consumers with cash to spend. Others like E. Joseph Cossman created fortunes (and lost them too)...as people like a young Harvey Brody learned from these DOERS of the day (as he says in his document)...

Harvey was a quick study and grasped the best of the best of these pioneers and incorporated them into his business. Fast forward a few years.

Jay Abraham sat at Harvey's feet for a couple of years learning everything he could from him. Harvey did this (teaching Jay) as a favor for a friend, whom I encountered as a child at Kent State University while being part of a Speech pathology study {I had my tongue clipped shortly after birth...who knew? I could have been Gene Simmons back-up)...anyhow...

Then the EVENT took place. In a strange place called Los Angeles.

A group of young and old men came to a seminar. I can't tell you all of their names, but you'll recognize a few: Gary Halbert, Ben Suarez, Jay Abraham...and many, many more men who today are MASTERS.

What was the reason for this gathering of future marketing superstars?

They all came to hear what Harvey Brody had to say. And he said enough to these people that almost every single one of them took his message to heart and went on to marketing fame (or infamy in a couple of cases) and many fortunes (and many lost ones too).

Jay Abraham took note. And it wasn't too long before he was begattin'

His PROTOGE program was wildly successful for him, and many of today's marketers that many of you would recognize, paid that 10 grand plus for Jay's brain dump...and went on to their own glory.

Somewhere along the way, Mike Enlow showed up. And he says (according to his past postings) that he studied and learned from all the Masters until the point he had past them all up. Well, I believe he really believes that.

We're into the 80's now and for about a decade before the Net, say 85 to 95 and a few years after...the GURU'S exploded.

They had attended one of Gary Halbert's Seaside Seminars, Joe Sugarman's Retreats, Jerry Buchannan's Write in the Woods Bootcamps, or one of about a dozen or so Workshops, Seminars and such where they CLONED themselves.

Which is why so much of their copy and work sounds so much alike today.

Mike Enlow was one of a score of people who cashed in on the Mail Order/Direct Marketing...boom of the 80's and 90's and was one of the first ones to bring his stuff online too.

Then he got married and all heck broke loose. OR something like that.

What this says is that the SYSTEM can be right for the right kind of person. That people can learn how to do things like the MASTERS.

I put Mike Enlow in that class with Drew Kaplan. LOVE em both, but, and this is just my OPINION, they are not going to catch up after they took so much time off...I believe they lack the drive and energy they had when they were KILLING us with killer copy and products. But, I reserve the right to be wrong.

Anyhow, this is your Remote Direct Marketing History for the Day and now I'm back to Chatteling.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Gordon Jay (Mr. MARKETING History) Alexander

PS. Some of the ads that appeared in 1865 are still running today, almost unchanged. That is 1865!
Old October 5, 2006, 11:13 AM
strange1

Default Re: The little known, but somewhat interesting, history of marketing begatting...

Gordon, do you know what happened to Mike Enlow they have his site up for sale....http://www.enlowcircle.com/innercircle
Old October 5, 2006, 12:07 PM
bobmcalister

Default Re: mike enlow and company / www.enlow.com

is the address of his emails

still looking for advice on creating blogs....know a good place to sstart ?

thanks

bob
Old October 5, 2006, 12:25 PM
strange1

Default Re: mike enlow and company / www.enlow.com

[quote=bobmcalister;5865]is the address of his emails

still looking for advice on creating blogs....know a good place to sstart ?

Yes go to this website http://www.makemoneyblogging.com/ and
http://www.goldblogger.com/wordpress/ thanks...John...