SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old September 21, 2007, 04:00 PM
bobmcalister

Default options traders prognosticator...

http://65.108.12.28/cgi-bin/maxpain.cgi

good site and explanation for those of you who may be interested ...
Old September 21, 2007, 04:29 PM
bobmcalister

Default and a good explanation of what is happening to the dollar

http://www.sovereignsociety.com/offshore2282.html
Old September 21, 2007, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Default An alternative solution to FOREX and the Japanese Yen as investment ops...is...

OK.

We hear the rumble...heck, we can see it. Banks, like National City reporting up to a $160,000.000.00 dollar loss (story

http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/17/news...i.ap/index.htm

Housing markets, mortages, all that "financial" talk...like the report you point to Bob, and the guys standing to profit from any investments you make in THEM...sharp guys indeed.

IF a Democrat is elected to the White House...history might show that our economy actually picks up (story

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0412/p17s01-cogn.html

But creates an uneasiness too.

Traditionally, it is a time to get on the wealth wagon, be one of those that ride the waves...and it isn't about (in my opinion) for the average Joe to be in the stock market at all, unless she just dabbles as a hobby...fine and good...but getting in bed with financial advisors...well, better wear some heavy duty protection.

What are the ALTERNATIVE "investment strategies" for our Small Potaoes crowd?

Here's what you will see in the next 2-4 years (since we're prognosticating here)...

A dramatic rise in BIZ-OP and people looking for ways to "cash out" of their:

Collectibles, chattel, even some of their stock holdings...meaning GOLD will once again soar...and bargains are to be had with the other stuff.

No doubt many homes will be lost...is this great news for the RE speculators? Not if S. FL is any indication...sure you can pick up a house dirt cheap at auction...but the "flipping" days are slowing down...be prepared to hold onto those fixer uppers and "steals" gotten at Sherriff's auctions.

Better investment:

IN YOUR SELF and the your skills. Like Michael Ross did the last couple of years, he added to his arsenal of skills and that makes him much more impervious to economic ups and downs...the more you know and the more you can do...well that is like a parachute.

BEST investment? Learn some of the new Internet skills, especially video...and then once you get a money flow...learn how to keep it>>>

And that usually doesn't involve "financial" types...who make theirs first...it is more of a Warren Buffet mini strategy...invest and put your money into things that have less risk and more of a long term...gonna be around strategy.

We know the late Gary Halbert was a marketing genius and could make large sums of money very quickly...but he was just as adept at letting it trickle quickly through his fingers.

Dan Kennedy tells how he lost 1/2 of his fortune with a stroke of a pen (on divorce papers) and how he got that back plus some in 18 months...and he (Dan Kennedy) freely admits that he had great money making skills but less than stellar money KEEPING skills (he has them now).

Personally, I look to success to see what they do in the possible recessionary times. What will Harvey Brody do? What will Ben Suarez do? (Two ready examples because of my familiarity with them)...

I see SCI pumping up like never before and going in somewhat different directions but still staying with a core of what they know (direct response marketing).

I see Harvey getting excited as if he were a kid about to enter a candy store and be allowed to get as much as he wants...

That tells me that the men in the KNOW, who may have even greater inside information...who may have better advisors...who probably have a strategy that doesn't involve the risk of FOREX (yea, fortunes ARE made and made quickly..so are fortunes made in the lottery...which may be a better bet for the average Joe)...

Millions of people are going to be looking for OPPORTUNITY. REAL, honest, workable opportunities to escape the rat race once and for all.

I doubt that the Yen is going to be the answer for most of these. It may be right for you Bob...somehow I doubt that it is though.

But good luck to you if you do decide to invest in Foreign Exchange and other countries money as a hedge against the declining dollar...

for me, I'll find ways to help millions of people avoid the sink hole and escape the rat race via tested and proven strategies of the men who have done it and continue to do it.

Thanks for showing us some of the OPENING salvos (there will be much more to come along these lines: recession, downturn, etc.) and watch how some people are aligning themselves with BIG PROFITS...for themselves. Probably see a lot of Gary North in the coming months...he loves the doom and gloom crowd.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. A traditional hedge against slow, stopped and pooped out economies...is it becomes a chattelers heaven.

Last edited by GordonJ : September 21, 2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old September 23, 2007, 03:53 PM
bobmcalister

Default Re: options traders prognosticator...

here is a link to the last trading day ..for the Euro vs the World ...

http://www2.barchart.com/forex.asp

wasnt selling anyone on that service or the single currency ...just the facts that , as you say , anyone can see....

but

very few plan for the changes...

thanks

bob