SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 28, 2020, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Default The TEN most important ideas in my NEW report. +++++++++++

OVERCOME PANDEMIC UNCERTAINTY WITH FOCUSED ACTIVITY...

On the other side of the lake (sticking with the metaphor) there are 10 major areas of concern.

Income. Will you have enough, and what streams can you add?
Food. Grow your own, barter, exchange and co-op.
Safety. Will you need to arm your family, and if so, with what"
Water. You may have plenty now, but think long range on this one.
POWER. Will you be grid dependent? Can you solarize the essentials?

Communication. If cell service goes down, what will you do?
Community. Who will be in your future community and why?
Pleasure/leisure. What does the future hold for fun and games?
Trends. How to ride the waves of trends, over and over and over again.
Skills. What will you need.

These are my top 10 outlined chapters in the new report. Can you think of any to add? Any areas where I should expand on?

Any thoughts on the future?

Gordon
Old July 28, 2020, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Default #1 income.

Income.

On the other side of the lake. Well, let's look and see, OK?

A) Same as today, nothing changes.
B) Scramble
C) Plan for either multiple streams or one BIG gusher
D) Hybrid

We have always advocated multiple streams of income and Dien and I both have practiced what we preached. Today, I want to take an overview of future income and what that may (or may not) look like on the other side of the Covid Pandemic.

Some people are booming right now. Glenn Osborn has reported here on several people who are doing huge business.

At other sites, I've found established copywriters are turning away work or making referrals. If you can write copy which sells something, you have a valuable income stream today AND in the future, keep it going.

I will continue on with my "Model", which is low cost reports, several times a year, to a group of ready buyers. It has withstood the test of time for me.

Way back in the day, when all the LAUNCHING was taking place, I made a conscious effort not to get involved, preferring a more fly low and collect the dough approach, and it has boded me well over the years.

I don't see a need to change that model, believing INFORMATION is going to continue to be wanted, needed, consumed and paid for. For new people, I once had the escalator of info products, or stairway to profits...which looked something like:

Talk. Hotsheets. White papers. Specialty reports. Mini courses. Membership programs, both short term and long term. Conferences and events.

That is a very broad and basic overview. I will continue to produce content for these markets, even as we continue to sell our creative ideas to Hollywood (which has been put on hold by...them, not us).

Launch gurus had a different model, albeit very successful, which basically went something close to charge 2k for product, give 1k to affiliates, hold contests and give prizes, sell a million dollars in a short period of time.

And fortunes and Internet gurus arose from the ashes of that money burned by wannabee marketers, good on them.

There were and are other type of models, even in the affiliate world, when old friend Jim Straw came online, he figured out affiliate marketing in less than two years, to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars a month. YIKEES.

Affiliate marketing is the de facto, go to beginner's Internet Marketing start-up and my opinion, reserving the right to be wrong, is, it is a house of cards that will have trouble on the other side of the lake. But, it could flourish.

Sell a product, deliver a service, have control of something, all ways to add income streams.

I think a FOOD dealer, someone with supply and source, will do well on the shores of post pandemic. Cause, I mean, we alls got to eat, eh?

There is crumbling of the corporate infrastructure, unseen at present, which will lead to the collapse of many a well known company, (lets see if I GUESS right on this one too).

BARTER, has never gone away, but will resurface as more "courses" and bartering co-ops and exchanges get set up with a warning, the sharks will be plentiful in these waters.

Consultants, or whatever they want to call themselves these days will score big money in the immediate future, anyone with an idea, or better yet, a system to help big and medium business to KEEP their business or expand is going to find welcome arms and full wallets at their beck and call.

Advertising will have a big growth very soon, before their bubble bursts too, but for the next year or so, if you sell advertising, you stand make a lot of moolah, make sure you save some of it.

These are a few of the highlights and thoughts on INCOME as the future unfolds before us.

Gordon

PS There will be a TREMENDOUS demand for a return to normalcy, which isn't going to happen, but, anything that RESEMBLES it...

Anything that anchors people to their past experiences, will be a goldmine in the very near future. Sports will be one of these areas.

Last edited by GordonJ : July 28, 2020 at 10:25 AM.
Old July 28, 2020, 10:11 AM

Default Re: The TEN most important ideas in my NEW report. +++++++++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
OVERCOME PANDEMIC UNCERTAINTY WITH FOCUSED ACTIVITY...

On the other side of the lake (sticking with the metaphor) there are 10 major areas of concern.

Income. Will you have enough, and what streams can you add?
Food. Grow your own, barter, exchange and co-op.
Safety. Will you need to arm your family, and if so, with what"
Water. You may have plenty now, but think long range on this one.
POWER. Will you be grid dependent? Can you solarize the essentials?

Communication. If cell service goes down, what will you do?
Community. Who will be in your future community and why?
Pleasure/leisure. What does the future hold for fun and games?
Trends. How to ride the waves of trends, over and over and over again.
Skills. What will you need.

These are my top 10 outlined chapters in the new report. Can you think of any to add? Any areas where I should expand on?

Any thoughts on the future?

Gordon

Gordon,

As I looked on your list, I noticed no mention of first aid or medical. As a former Navy corpsman, I learned all sorts of medical techniques that I still use.
Perhaps you address this in safety.

Millard
Old July 28, 2020, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Default Thanks Millard. I thought of that as safety, but I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Gordon,

As I looked on your list, I noticed no mention of first aid or medical. As a former Navy corpsman, I learned all sorts of medical techniques that I still use.
Perhaps you address this in safety.

Millard

Thanks. I will add that. In my mind, I think of that as skills. But it is important enough to have its own section, and I WILL add it.

By the way, I went into the Navy thinking I would be a corpsman, but then, the sight of blood made me woozy, so they thought (rightfully so)...maybe I'd serve them better as something else. So instead of helping people, they made me a cook, so I could make them sick.

Kept the corpsman on our boat plenty busy. HA!

One of these days I'd love to swap some Navy stories with you, are you in any Facebook groups?

Gordon

PS. Have any interest in contributing to the report (with some benefits) on maybe emergency first aid or something?
Old July 28, 2020, 04:33 PM

Default I Got a couple Gordon

Thanks for Asking Gordon,

I use Stretchy Rubber Cargo tie downs on my mail box.

Some MORON keeps hitting it with a baseball bat.

So the Tie downs - let it get knocked on the Ground. (And I strap it back on the post.)

But Secure enough To HOLD the mail box in place - for normal usage.

(And I have a spare Plastic Box in the garage.

THIS NEXT idea you can thank a PARANOID
Friend of

Dr Gary North

Brian moved to a house with a long driveway. Trees he plans to CHAINSAW
so nobody can get to his house - when The Russians or the Chinese or MORE Likely his neighbors attack.

CUZ He has a Basement full of MRE's

I Have 5 Chunks of Wood I Can't Cut. (DECIDED to Turn a Headache into a Potential SAVE MY Butt - Opportunity.)

Used my Peavy to roll them Next to the driveway.

IF things get bad.

And People Start driving out of the city looting.

A DRIVEWAY blocked by 200 lb chunks of wood
might be Just Enough to make them DRIVE ON BY.

Thanks,
Glenn
Old July 29, 2020, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Default If ever Gary North had a heyday, it is NOW.

Brilliant marketer, that Gary North. Looks like FINALLY, he got it right, maybe.

Although I share today's Doom and Gloom message (which he has had for decades), there isn't a lot to be done against demon sperm and all that.

And instead of big chunks of wood, try a little NLP on those burban rollers.

As of today, I am reworking the report, and may pare it down, and even then, not all that motivated, for personal reasons, it may have to be fend for thyself. I don't have anything to offer which isn't already out there...except some jokes, like
Who are the 3 biggest boobs in the White House? Donald and his 44D's.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Thanks for Asking Gordon,

I use Stretchy Rubber Cargo tie downs on my mail box.

Some MORON keeps hitting it with a baseball bat.

So the Tie downs - let it get knocked on the Ground. (And I strap it back on the post.)

But Secure enough To HOLD the mail box in place - for normal usage.

(And I have a spare Plastic Box in the garage.

THIS NEXT idea you can thank a PARANOID
Friend of

Dr Gary North

Brian moved to a house with a long driveway. Trees he plans to CHAINSAW
so nobody can get to his house - when The Russians or the Chinese or MORE Likely his neighbors attack.

CUZ He has a Basement full of MRE's

I Have 5 Chunks of Wood I Can't Cut. (DECIDED to Turn a Headache into a Potential SAVE MY Butt - Opportunity.)

Used my Peavy to roll them Next to the driveway.

IF things get bad.

And People Start driving out of the city looting.

A DRIVEWAY blocked by 200 lb chunks of wood
might be Just Enough to make them DRIVE ON BY.

Thanks,
Glenn