SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old January 9, 2008, 09:04 PM
Pete Egeler

Default Sorry, Ankesh.. I've GOTTA do it!

Yup.. I've GOTTA tell you.. Thank you so very much!

I've taken your website flipping info and here's what's going on...

1) Sold 2 domains right off the bat for $20 each. That was double what I paid for 'em, but no biggie. It DID give me a bit of insight into the biz.

2) Found someone that could knock out some good quality, from scratch website templates for me.

3) Set up this evening to sell my first domain/website combo. Current bid: $250.00 for the package, NON-exclusive use of the template.

I think that I'll be able to knock out at least one a week of these type sites, and it should be pretty interesting to see what happens.

I'm also going to be offering a complete AdSense websites + domain or, AdSense websites + domain + content. BOTH offers will include domains exclusive to your desired niche, as well as custom one-off websites.

I'm Lovin' It!

Thanks again, Ankesh.

Pete

PS: How are the rest of you guys doing? Working it, or sitting on the information until you get "around to it"? The "round tuits" are 'bout gone.
Old January 10, 2008, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Sorry, Ankesh.. I've GOTTA do it!

Thanks Pete for taking action!

Setting up domain / website combo is the way to go. And the way I do it, it takes me 30-60 minutes to set the whole website up. You'll become quicker over time.

Also - a note for people who bought the report: Pete does quite a few things differently. The main one being: Pete uses ebay to sell his domains. I've never used ebay to sell the domain names (hence it wasn't mentioned in the report). But that is something you may want to look at.

Pete is selling his domains a lot quicker by actively selling them.

The flip side is: his sales (especially the domain only sales) are a bit lower than what I get. But I do have to wait 2-3-4 months to make the sale.

In some ways, its better to sell the domain names quickly. And keep the money in motion - working for you. Especially in the beginning stages. Because a quick sale will give you more motivation to continue with buying one domain name every week.
Old January 10, 2008, 09:11 AM
Pete Egeler

Ankesh,

Just a note.. I only sold 2 domains on Ebay. These were ones I bought and flipped within 3-5 days.

My full domain/site combos I sell on my site, on DigitalPoint, SitePoint, and several other locaations.

Ebay is okay for getting a "feel for things" but they very seldom bring you much of a return.

Having said that, sometimes Ebay can be a good place to BUY domains, as the prices are usually pretty low.

Pete
Old January 10, 2008, 01:12 PM
Scott S.

Pete,
Congrats. Would it be possible to link to one of your auctions?

Scott S.

http://www.ebayhotsheets.com
http://www.classicmovietime.com
Old January 10, 2008, 02:03 PM
Pete Egeler

Scott,

Don't have any Ebay auctions running right now. Just have the site mentioned listed on DigitalPoint.com.

Will post to a half-dozen other domain selling sites probably this weekend.

Pete
Old January 10, 2008, 08:04 PM
Pete Egeler

Default Scott, Sneak Preview.. :)

Scott,

Here's a "sneak peak" at the next site I've got going up for sale. I've had the site for a couple of years. Fish Like The Pros

The full site will be launched for sale first of the week, and will be up and running on Saturday night.

Auto content update is one of the "perks" of the site.

Pete
Old January 11, 2008, 06:51 PM
Scott S.

Wow, that's a pretty decent name. I admit that I check out ebay from time to time and check the domain names that are for sale. I use them to inspire me for my own domain names. I haven't bid on one before but this week I have seen some decent ones so I thought I would try. I have put in a few low snipe bids and I will just wait and see.

One thing I have seen listed are old sites that have a high page rank. Some hit between 4 to 7 pr. I question how long the high PR can be kept. But if the PR can be maintained that could be used as a major boost to the domain PR you are trying to sell. Or so it would seem.

Scott S.

http://www.cheaphostingreferral.com/
http://www.ebayhotsheets.com
Old January 14, 2008, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi Pete: Ordered your book "Beginners Guide to Website Flipping" but was unable to access it. Sharon Deloy [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Egeler View Post
Yup.. I've GOTTA tell you.. Thank you so very much!

I've taken your website flipping info and here's what's going on...

1) Sold 2 domains right off the bat for $20 each. That was double what I paid for 'em, but no biggie. It DID give me a bit of insight into the biz.

2) Found someone that could knock out some good quality, from scratch website templates for me.

3) Set up this evening to sell my first domain/website combo. Current bid: $250.00 for the package, NON-exclusive use of the template.

I think that I'll be able to knock out at least one a week of these type sites, and it should be pretty interesting to see what happens.

I'm also going to be offering a complete AdSense websites + domain or, AdSense websites + domain + content. BOTH offers will include domains exclusive to your desired niche, as well as custom one-off websites.

I'm Lovin' It!

Thanks again, Ankesh.

Pete

PS: How are the rest of you guys doing? Working it, or sitting on the information until you get "around to it"? The "round tuits" are 'bout gone.
Old January 14, 2008, 07:36 PM
Pete Egeler

Sharon,

I'm mailing you the link now.

Pete