SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 9, 2015, 10:23 AM
sandalwood

Default Re: Google’s Search Algorithm Could Steal the Presidency

Steve,

You write as if you moved back to the land of the free and home of the brave - well, what used to be the lotf and hotb.

It is even worse here than you'd expect. Today we can be stopped on the street, put in jail and never be told the charges for example. A prosecutor can withhold exculpatory evidence and never be charged with a crime.

I could go on for pages, all verified, simply do a google search, but why? It isn't getting any better and won't. Romney was wrong btw. It isn't 47% of the people who are dependent on government it is closer to 52%. That's one reason I say we are totally screwed.

As for your study, while I didn't read it, I bet its foundation was work done by Ivy Lee and other great propaganda minds of the 1920s. These guys were geniuses when it came to knowing humans. They figured it out before computers and high priced spin doctors.

Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSki View Post
This article at: http://www.wired.com/2015/08/googles...al-presidency/ is about a study that shows how peoples perceptions and opinions about a political candidate can be shaped. It shows that voters are 48% more likely to vote for a person if the results/news served up first was positive.

I suspect the media elite already know and use this covert persuasion tactic and they don't like Trump because he is trying to use his wealth and celebrity status to buy the presidency. That's the opposite of modern politicians who are bought and paid for.

Republicans or Democrats are two heads on the same snake. Both are members of the same mafia. Unfortunately, the public is brainwashed and divided into straight party lines so a Independent candidate has no chance of winning.

Bernie Sanders was always a Independent but he knows he doesn't stand a chance unless he runs as a democrat. So he switched parties.

Trump has switch parties several times in order to buy influence. My father was an Independent but he switched back and forth between being a republican and democrat during his lifetime in order to stayed employed.

He had a lot of friends in politics and was well liked by them all. But whenever the power sifted between parties he would be asked to change parties which kept him employed while those who refused to do so got canned.

He often told me that if he decided to run for office he would win by pointing to all of his opponents and saying.... Ladies and gentlemen... all politicians are corrupt. Of course they will all deny it, will act offended and will just lie about their honesty. I on the other hand will only lie half as much as them and only still half as much money from the tax payers so you'll get a far better deal by voting for me.

That seems to also be the Donald's strategy. It's hilarious how Trump gets so much free publicity from the media elite. What a circus....

Just like the Romans.... give the public bread and circus... keep them fed and entertained while the politicians fleece them for all the taxes they can while the empire crumbles.