SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 7, 2015, 08:36 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default How to create an info-product for evergreen profits

First, I want to announce my new info-product on... Pole dancing!

Okay, okay... I'm not really coming out with an info-product on pole dancing, so no need to shut your eyes to block out the imagined photos...

(I have a feeling people would pay me NOT to produce a product on pole dancing! Maybe I could make a product like... Pole dancing with a big beer belly... I think it's an untapped market!)

However, I did find "pole dancing" on this big list of around 300 hobbies...!

http://www.notsoboringlife.com/list-of-hobbies/

Many people would like to start creating and selling info-products, and wonder...

"What should I create an info-product about?"

A list of hobbies (like this one) is one place to start...

I would try to choose a topic which is "evergreen"... Something people will still be interested in 10, even 20 years from now.

For example, with a topic like fishing... People are still buying books about fishing (on how to make your own fishing rod, for example), which were written 20 years ago...

Here's his list of the 50 most popular hobbies...

http://www.notsoboringlife.com/popular-hobbies/

There are people in all of these hobbies who are "hungry" for more information, on how to get more fun out of their hobby!

Why not give them some of your own knowledge and expertise... and make some money at it, too?

So, how do you start?

There are many options...

What form do you want your info-product to take?

There are a lot of possibilities...
  • The written word
  • audio
  • video
  • membership websites
  • live webinars or teleseminars
  • live in-person seminars
  • a course
  • etc...
Next question, what material would you include?

You can start by brainstorming, create a list of all the topics you could cover. Then, start sorting them out...

One way to do it is by using index cards. Write one topic per index card. Then, you can "shuffle" them... and put them into whatever order you want. Once you've got the order you want, you can slap a rubber band around them, so they don't get messed up.

After each topic, you can think of sub-topics... And so on.

By "boiling it down" to many sub-topics, writing becomes much easier. If you have enough sub-topics, you'll then just have to write a paragraph, or a few paragraphs, on each sub-topic...

If you want motivation, get an audience up front! For example, you can start a blog, and write to the blog. Get feedback. When you're done, and ready to publish... delete your entries in the blog, and sell it...

That's one way to do it!

How to sell your infoproduct

Well, there are many, many ways...

I would test every conceivable "channel" to sell your info-products!

If it's a physical product, eBay is one easy option to start with... Amazon is another obvious option, too...

You could create a "hub" for people with your hobby. If you started a blog (as mentioned above), that's one way to do it. You can promote it through all the social media methods, like Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and so on...

And - don't overlook affiliates! One method is Clickbank. Another is JVZoo. To do well, remember, you have to promote your affiliate program, too. I'd contact every blog and website I could find devoted to your hobby... and ask them to promote your product, for a percentage of the sales! Many are looking to "monetize" their blog or website, and if they're approached right, will be open to promoting your product...

There is an overview, in a nutshell...

Anyone have any further tips to share?

Best wishes,

Dien