SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old August 5, 2012, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Default Honest Review of Jim Staw's book and a note about InterConnect HOTSHEETS

I was reading a book, Science of Success by scam meister James Arthur Ray, guru to Oprah and soon to be released from prison...much too soon...

And I was thinking what a fraudster this guy is, the book, is pretty much a rehash of books written a hundred years ago by Wallace Wattles and others of the New Age movement.

Then I saw the UPS truck pull up, wondered if he was coming to me...and he did and he delivered Jim Staw's book...fastest Amazon order I've ever rec'd without paying for it. WOW.

So, I start to read it and see what the Old Master has to say.

If you've been a customer for awhile, you'll recognize some of the history of Jim...one thing nice is, unlike guys like James Arthur Ray (by the way, most serial killers are known by three names) who lie through their teeth...

Jim's real life stories have remained consistent over the last several decades. You can't make up the truth.

Here is what I think is of EXTREME value to people.

Jim is a smart cookie, a MENSA sort of a guy...and funny thing, Ive read all the books on his reading list...and still have most of them.

This is the first "mind" book, outside of neuro-science and brain research that gives an explanation about the so called sub-conscious mind.

This little chapter on what it is and how it really works is worth 1000 times the cost of the book.

See, I too had trouble throughout my life with visualization and manifestation and every time I had a success, I too, made the wrong assumption I had discovered the SECRET.

And my list of SECRETS grew longer and longer, from the Parker Publishing company's list of "metaphysical" experts, like the Miracle of New Avatar Power to my studies of Edgar Cayce at Virginia Beach through the
New Agers, including all the "stars"...like William Walker Atkinson to Judge Troward.

I mention this for the newer members of SowPub, old timers have read all about my journey into the metaphyscial and magical.

So, I was very IMPRESSED with how Jim explained how the so-called sub-conscious mind and also his explanation of the fallacy of a Master Mind GROUP...is radically different from these mind gurus.

Jim Staw has filled in blanks.

He has given us an explanation as to WHY and HOW the mind works when it comes to achievement and what the mystics call manifestation

Unlike the JA Rays of the world, Jim has moved over 500 million dollars of products and services through the economy...and if you've been around a long time, maybe you too, remember his Finder's Fee and newsletters.

The short version is this.

Buy JIM's Book NOW. Turn to page 27. Fort those of you older SowPub members, it will sound familiar.

And you'll find my Square One Workshops to be in synch with what Jim Straw reveals in his book, Mustard Seeds, Shovels & Mountains.

Get the book, and get the rest of the story as it regards using your MIND to achieve your goals...

Remember my TRIAD?

Doubt is a shadow of fear.
Confidence is a reflection of experience.
ACTION is the revelation of faith.

OK. HOTSHEETS. The samples will be mailed out tomorrow, thanks to all who "ordered" them.

WAY back in the day, the so-called INNER CIRCLE Publications were little one and two page hotsheets, or advertising circular. They were good for testing ideas and products, before you went to the big magazines or sent out to a mail list.

These little circulars worked, albeit on a small potatoes basis. It was not uncommon to get 200 to 300 CASH per day for your folios, recipes, booklets, hotsheets, plans, etc.

That WAS peanuts compared to thousands of dollars that came into a big mailorder company...even those little one man bands, like J.F. (Jim) Straw, Dean F. V. DuVall, Jerry Buchanan, Joe Karbo...

But, hey, I've always been a Fly Low and Collect the Dough and if you keep your wants in check, then getting 200-300 bux EXTRA a day...well, it goes a long way to making life a little bit easier.

I don't know.

Is the best I can tell you, but, I want to find out if there is a new generation whom might get a kick out of receiving these personal little homemade, ugly but from the heart hotsheets. We'll build a list, but the main emphasis is on how to make money, save money or have a better lifestyle.

Stay at home moms/dads, opportunity seekers, Internet Marketers, may be open to this...

Again, those of you that ordered the sample pack, should have them in a few days...they go out in tomorrow's mail.

Gordon Jay Alexander
Old August 5, 2012, 07:32 PM
ThePromotionalGuy.com

Default You Might Be Tempted To Burn Your Guru Books

Jim's book is profound. I've already begun rereading it again.

Chapter 15 is where Guru book burning could begin. Like Gordon I too have a ton of books dating back to the late 1800's.

For years I have studied and copied all the advice I've ever got my hands on. But most of the time the advice was only valid while the trend or fads lasted. Once over the advice was no longer applicable.

Jim's book not only filled holes for me but like I told him in an email:

I’ve always believed that real world advice must be factual that time can’t change it even though economies change. Also the advice has to stand up to third world country way of life. What I mean by this is if what you write or teach will work in a third world country, where resources are limited or scarce then the advice is sound. Your book is very sound from where I’m sitting and should I go back to a third world country it would work there once I understand their way buying and selling.

What to expect in Chapter Fifteen - 11 Steps. Actually 11 Sentences with a very brief statement after each particular sentence.

What you will not see in those 11 Steps
  • No Guru mind tricks.
  • No do this to expect that.
  • No trickery.
  • No manipulation.
  • No hype.
  • No tongue in cheek
  • No winking of eyes.
  • No subliminal messaging
  • No Rabbits Feet
  • No Gimmicks
  • No Mind Melds
  • No Affirmations
  • No... you get the picture

Chapter 16 on the first page about what "Money" really is. That just blew me away. I thought I knew everything about what money was. I just got schooled by a Master.

Before I read Jim's explanation I have to admit I was looking at "Money" from a different mindset. I was never taught or shown what "Money" really is. But I too never really studied what "Money" is so my lack of education is my fault.

This 93 page paper back is worth much more.

Jim we may have helped you move your mountain but those of us with our own mountains thank you for letting us "Borrow" your earth moving equipment.
Old August 6, 2012, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Default Woody, I think you're ready for another look at SQ1

Start here

http://www.sowpub.com/sq1/lesson2b.php

And give it your full attention.

Then go back to lesson 2. I think you will see things you may not have seen before.

Gordon
Old August 7, 2012, 02:07 AM
Pappy

Default Re: Honest Review of Jim Staw's book and a note about InterConnect HOTSHEETS

I'm glad I got the kindle version for $3's or so. Basically a glorified sales letter to sell you a $995 course on how to be a millionaire in a year or less. And btw he said in his book that you can't buy riches... Kinda ironic don't you think... Nuff said.
Old August 7, 2012, 11:43 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Honest Review of Jim Staw's book and a note about InterConnect HOTSHEETS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
I'm glad I got the kindle version for $3's or so. Basically a glorified sales letter to sell you a $995 course on how to be a millionaire in a year or less. And btw he said in his book that you can't buy riches... Kinda ironic don't you think... Nuff said.
Hi Pappy....

When you say...

"Basically a glorified sales letter to sell you a $995 course on how to be a millionaire in a year or less."

...you are referring to one chapter tacked on to the end of the book. (There are 17 other chapters.)

In my opinion, the book has solid information.

Why I think you may have this opinion is...
  • You may already know some of the information...
Some of it will be basic stuff to Sowpub people, but I think almost everyone will get something of great value out of it (I know I did)... For example, in my opinion, I felt that Jim's story of the old man he met when he went fishing, was worth more than the price of the book in itself...
  • You may be taking a different path...
I believe there is more than one path to success - the approach Jim talks about is one of them, and it's the path he's taken. I've also learned from another person (who is just as successful as Jim Straw), who has used a different path... So, there is more than one approach to success...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old August 17, 2012, 01:34 AM
Pappy

Default Dien your spot on...

Dien: Yeah I know JS stuff and his works.....We've emailed a couple of times over the years...

Basically I think it was a last jab at getting his $995 be a millionaire in a year stuff out.

I sold real estate (and Amway) for many years and I know all of the sales gurus's 'best of the best'. Had many, many years of sales training, just hoping JS would have created the product of a lifetime. BTW if you want the most excellent sales training become an Amway rep. Not a real estate one.

Your 2 points were pretty much spot on, I did know 95% of the stuff, and I am taking a different route. Most of his stuff in the book I learned from previous courses but it pretty much killed me when he said you can't buy your way, and then offers you a course to do so.

later...
Pappy