SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old November 22, 2020, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Default Q and A from the mail re: APV, 52 Cards for Christmas and

The Holiday season is here. 2020 can get the heck out of here already, eh?

WE are getting a lot of traffic. We've been hammering on the idea of how so many people are looking for income via an Online thing...maybe a business.

I've offered the AUTOMATIC PRODUCT VENDING update report to you all here, and also the older gift, 52 Cards for Christmas.

Now it is time to set in motion the new year, and the theme for 2021 will be ...

REMOTE business. Remote relationships, remote lifestyles. At least until a real deal Covid-19 solution arrives.

For those of us who have been in Remote Direct Marketing for a long time, this really is just business as normal...

But untold millions of people are searching, looking for something, and now is a good time to be a Remote Direct Marketer.

Opening the mail bag of the past week, we see the following questions:

First, I'm biased. Been selling INFORMATION by remote means for decades now.

I like information products. But in today's world, almost anything goes.

But whether it is social media superstardom or a fly low and collect the dough goal, it all begins with

having a goal. Or at the minimum a PLAN OF ACTION. Old hat stuff indeed.

Q. In the APV, you use PayPal, why?

A. I like PayPal because it allows you to set up the page to download from. The Thank You page is a great way to reinforce the sale, maybe even offer an upsell, if inclined.

See, you want a hands off approach. They land on the page, buy it, get the product all while you sleep. That is the goal of the APV, to take you out of the equation, although, within the information product you can make other offers.

Which reminds me, before I answer more questions...I have very limited slots for the done for you APV. A best bet for most is a consultation to go over your plan of action.

Q. In the 52 Cards report, you have a lot of "high touch" businesses, like your weekend workshops, and trainings, how can we do those?

A. Better get some experience with video and webinars. So far, most of my Dr.'s appt. for next year are VIDEO conference.

So, get your Zoom, GoTo and other software at your ready.

Last edited by GordonJ : November 22, 2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old November 25, 2020, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Default 52 Cards for Christmas no longer available.

Also, selling information products isn't for everyone, although in the past I have said, it IS for everyone. Well, for the second time in my life, I was wrong. So sorry.

And, probably, starting a business isn't the best idea for the masses either.

Gordon

PS But, everyone is free to do as they please, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
The Holiday season is here. 2020 can get the heck out of here already, eh?

WE are getting a lot of traffic. We've been hammering on the idea of how so many people are looking for income via an Online thing...maybe a business.

I've offered the AUTOMATIC PRODUCT VENDING update report to you all here, and also the older gift, 52 Cards for Christmas.

Now it is time to set in motion the new year, and the theme for 2021 will be ...

REMOTE business. Remote relationships, remote lifestyles. At least until a real deal Covid-19 solution arrives.

For those of us who have been in Remote Direct Marketing for a long time, this really is just business as normal...

But untold millions of people are searching, looking for something, and now is a good time to be a Remote Direct Marketer.

Opening the mail bag of the past week, we see the following questions:

First, I'm biased. Been selling INFORMATION by remote means for decades now.

I like information products. But in today's world, almost anything goes.

But whether it is social media superstardom or a fly low and collect the dough goal, it all begins with

having a goal. Or at the minimum a PLAN OF ACTION. Old hat stuff indeed.

Q. In the APV, you use PayPal, why?

A. I like PayPal because it allows you to set up the page to download from. The Thank You page is a great way to reinforce the sale, maybe even offer an upsell, if inclined.

See, you want a hands off approach. They land on the page, buy it, get the product all while you sleep. That is the goal of the APV, to take you out of the equation, although, within the information product you can make other offers.

Which reminds me, before I answer more questions...I have very limited slots for the done for you APV. A best bet for most is a consultation to go over your plan of action.

Q. In the 52 Cards report, you have a lot of "high touch" businesses, like your weekend workshops, and trainings, how can we do those?

A. Better get some experience with video and webinars. So far, most of my Dr.'s appt. for next year are VIDEO conference.

So, get your Zoom, GoTo and other software at your ready.

Last edited by Dien Rice : November 25, 2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old November 26, 2020, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Q and A from the mail re: APV, 52 Cards for Christmas and

For my own experience, for selling Information is needed more "skills" that is needed for selling a "visual" physical product, specially for example jewelry, where the image sells a lot.

A good photography of the jewlery can make all the difference, and myself being a visual guy it requires me a very BIG discipline to concentrate and the patience to make research and create an information product.

It's easier for me to sell physical stuff with good photos, then apply direct-response copy.

Anyway, thanks for the attention, the patience, the replies, the feedback and all the courtesy Gordon.

You really know a LOT of this business.
Old November 26, 2020, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Default Because I DO know a lot about remote direct response...and should after 45 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
For my own experience, for selling Information is needed more "skills" that is needed for selling a "visual" physical product, specially for example jewelry, where the image sells a lot.

A good photography of the jewlery can make all the difference, and myself being a visual guy it requires me a very BIG discipline to concentrate and the patience to make research and create an information product.

It's easier for me to sell physical stuff with good photos, then apply direct-response copy.

Anyway, thanks for the attention, the patience, the replies, the feedback and all the courtesy Gordon.

You really know a LOT of this business.

I agree mostly, and having sold tons of jewelry with not much more than a pic and a short description, it comes down to getting the picture into the right hands.

That is the similarity of real products and virtual ones...a match to the market.

As you know, and as I have said here over the last two decades, the NPGS sales system is the best I know of (and use) to evaluate a potential product.

It has four parts:

PROSPECT.
PRODUCT.
PROMOTION.
MEDIA.

Who are you targeting.
What are you offering.
HOW.
Where and when. The fatal five questions of remote direct response marketing.

Jewelry is an evergreen, universal, centuries old marketplace and no reason why it won't continue on, folks just love to adorn themselves with trinkets of all kinds, cheap and expensive.

INFORMATION is different in that the PROMOTION to PROSPECT must both be 10s on the formula for optimum results.

We've sold jewelry with shotgun ads in newspapers, and had good results, especially if topical.

And yes, information products have been sold the same way, IF they have either an universal appeal or reader niche specific appeal, examples being make money and astrology.

But online, the EYEBALLS on an information product have to be more focused, which is why the OPT in is so critical to most info sales funnels.

If they give permission via a free gift, then one can bombard them with offers until they give the Roberto Duran NO MAS sign off.

As for knowing the business, I do. I paid a lot of dues to learn it. And fortunately for me, I learned from many DOERS, who were actually doing well with their remote direct response business, from the small momma and poppa to the 1000 employee 800 pound gorilla, I've had an inside look.

Now this brings up a point. With info, I encourage everyone to get started TODAY, using FREE tools, and I just gave away two reports which detailed how to do it.

But many people, would rather just jump in, and all too many of those have fallen in love with a product which really isn't unique enough in the marketplace to gain any traction.

So, it may be a tad bit easier to sell a held in the hand product, but the DEMAND for useful, practical information will always be in place too.

Gordon
Old November 26, 2020, 11:54 AM

And the SRDS data in the book 7 Steps, even being quite outdated, I bet it didn't changed drastically.

Thanks Gordon.
Old November 26, 2020, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
And the SRDS data in the book 7 Steps, even being quite outdated, I bet it didn't changed drastically.

Thanks Gordon.

Actually, it has changed DRASTICALLY. There are only a handful of useful LIST BROKERS these days, and maybe as high as 80% of those lists generated by mail order, are no longer out there.

Lists today, like you'll find at nextmark.com and other online list brokers, offer more email lists, which work well if you can get them on a list (one of the purposes of the APV site), and then you have permission to market to them.

The SRDS isn't as useful as it once was. It has been a DRASTIC change for remote direct marketers, successful ones have transitioned into multi-channel marketing and leave the direct mail to house lists and back ends. Very little front end, or cold offers being made these days via lists.

But then too, just having lists is only part of it, you still have to create a PROMOTION which converts to it.

Gordon
Old November 26, 2020, 12:58 PM

I see.

Thanks Gordon.