SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 31, 2020, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Default I'm a big fan of your newsletter, always good info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

It's a special bonus for anyone who orders up until November 6!

I'm calling it the HALLOWEEN PLUS special...

Here are the details! (At the bottom of the page...)

Best wishes,

Dien

You wrote that you've recently gotten some NEW ideas from the FISH report, as I call it. And I want to address the Gordonesque STYLE.

I once wrote a 1400 page "manifesto" on everything I knew about sales, marketing, life etc. Then I met a guy named Manny on the beach at Lake Worth, FL, who (after yelling at me for being a bum) drew some stick figures in the sand.

These were the start of the SQUARE ONE WORKSHOPS. After a couple of weeks of Mannyisms, I threw away the 1400 page manuscript and reduced it down to 12 PICTOGRIGMS, just as Manny drew them.

It was then the saying, "A picture is worth a 1000 words" really clicked for me.

What he taught me is, the pictogrigms were 3D. They had depth, that most people will never see. They see the surface, like on a pond, only the things floating on top are seen although there is much going on beneath the surface.

When we first met, I was thought of as being somewhat CRYPTIC in my posts and writings. I've always thought the READER needs to bring more than just the ability to read to the table too.

The reader, should be able to think.

And if that is the case, then some of the writing will take on different, even a deeper meaning. Depth is usually plumbed via questions. Asking the right question, searching for an answer.

My opinion, most people are not trained or educated about HOW to ask questions, and most questions are often just surface things.

In the FISH report, which I also included several excerpts from other works, which I thought relevant to the report in general, I used a well known parable, and a lot of metaphor.

And because it had that slant to it, some people, maybe many of the first readers dismissed it because they only saw the surface.

The FISH report put a very fast 1,000 bux in my hands (2 days) and was one of the last Warrior forum's WSO I offered, it went on to make a couple extra thousand before I pulled it from the market, as you know I liked to do back then.

Around that time, I was also offering some White Board trainings, and that was a more expensive offer, I think for about 500 bux or so, and some of those guys are still using the White Boards today, nice to know.

The FISH report has a lot of the SQ1 in it, if you reread it with that in mind and have the SQ1 pictogrigms in front of you, it becomes pretty obvious.

Thank you for bringing this back around, it is one of my favorite reports, and I feel it has as much useful and practical information as anything else I've done.

And, I stand ready to answer questions about the report, either here or via email or messaging too.

I'm getting less cryptic as my time runs out, so take advantage while you can.

Gordon