SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 15, 2020, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Default We're just getting started folks, keep you journals ablaze.

I started a NEW journal, just for this National Emergency, which began officially on Friday, Mar. 13, 2020.

Tomorrow is the first work/school day and this may be one of the most interesting weeks of your life.

Millions of school kids at home. Parents changing schedules, public events and places shutting down. The shelves of all the stores are under attack.

In addition to my private thoughts journal, I'll post here a couple of times a week, and I encourage you to post too. Help us get a handle on a bigger picture, we have members all over the world, so it would be helpful to all of us to get first hand reports of what is really happening "out there".

One of my first pieces of advice is: MAKE MORE MONEY.

It isn't that hard. If you chattel (buy and sell things) keep an eye out for bread making machines, those old home brew kits and wine making kits at garage sales (if you go out) but keep a daily view of your local Facebook Marketplace too.

People will be doing things at home. If the shelves are empty of bread, there will be people making their own. Many parents have altered their schedules to adjust to having their little angels home all day and not in school.

Meal prep, so a continuation of SLOW COOKERS and that sort of thing will continue in high demand.

Small guilty pleasures will soar as will alcohol and tobacco use. Snacks and beverages always do well too.

How will you be altering your schedule or daily activities, if you will be? What is going to be different for you? Right now it is just a guess.

But the next 10 days will be very revealing, on both a national and personal level.

And from now until April 1, may set the course for the next several months, if not years. So join in here, share what is happening for real.

BUT, no cures, conspiracy or medical advice please. The forum will be best served with participation and sharing of what is working, or not working out in your neck of the woods.

Some quick observations:

BARTER always does well. CASH becomes king. Bargains are to be had, money is to be made, but planning and living within the extremes of the Hoaxers and the Doomsdayers (who have something to sell you)...there is a middle ground of common sense, common decency and humanity rising to the occasion to meet the challenge.

Busiest restaurant in town, was still packed Fri and Sat. nites, this a Hibachi Japan where you share a meal with a bunch of strangers.

But today, the CHURCH, have never seen this in decades, both the 10 AM and 12 AM masses were scarcely attended. Don't know if they were told to stay home, but it feels really odd, this thing feels different to me, somehow.

Anyways, what is going on in your neck of the woods? Anyone?

GordonJ