SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 29, 2022, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Default My gift if you haven't read it.

About making money, my same old worn out stuff...might it be useful for you today? I don't know.

https://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/gont.pdf

GordonJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Interesting proposals from my Black Fri offer, which was, tell me what you want, and pay what you want.

Got a few surprises. Several let me pay you from the profits, and we're working out the terms, I'm up for that depending on the idea and the person.

A couple were wanting to market my Square One Workshops, and I said I would think about it.

And from the mailbag, I got this:

"It seems you say that all things monetized wise, where a transaction takes place, it is the same thing, and all about PREOCCUPATION. Can you share more about that...I'm torn between marketing, salesmanship and influence studies, so many things out there, I'm lost." He wrote much more, but this was the gist of it. And YES, it is all the same. More on this later, but first.

I have a certain way of looking at Money Making ventures, be they fast cash, or build a business or whatever. I start with the amount of MONEY, using that bridge metaphor, across the bridge is your bag of money, how much is in it?

Now, this confuses many people. And to this I say, there are scores of people who teach money making principles, if my way doesn't suit you, good luck amigo and adios.

So, this weekend, when I reviewed the Black Friday proposals, it was a lot of email tag and back and forth.

It hasn't changed in decades. In that, many of these people wanted something (to make money) and they had, at best, a sketchy plan to do it, all too often based on what they read in some Facebook group.

My standard, is...what do you have to offer?

I was surprised about the Interest in the SQUARE ONE WORKSHOPS, because we really haven't talked about them the last couple of years.

I sent them this link:

https://www.sowpub.com/gordon/financialpicto.gif

Because it is specific to the making of money, in fact, it may be all you need for the light bulb to go off.

The only thing one needs to know is found in upper right corner: TO GET: GIVE.

Sure, I call it stored value quite often; your experiences, knowledge and skills, because unless it is out in the world helping and serving others, it is in storage, and when one puts that into circulation (GIVES) and lets other people benefit from that storehouse, that is when the GETS comes in.

It was true a century ago, more so and much easier to do today.

Any questions about the pictogrigm of finances, be glad to answer.

Now giving is the secret to getting. However, there are ways to give or to circulate. With products and services and most money making endeavors, there IS INDEED a transaction as the eMail guy asked about.

Selling, influence, persuasion, marketing, copywriting, promotions, are ALL about human behavior, and that is where I have spent most of my lifetime learning and APPLYING the concepts which have withstood the test of time.

You can go to Facebook, every single day, search for COPYWRITING questions, and read the same thing over and over and over...read this guy, that one is a must, do what he does, follow him, her or them.

I can't argue against the wisdom of reading and studying as much as one can, heck, that is what I did, so I can't be hypocritical about it.

I can, however, show that most of that is not necessary when it is about MAKING MONEY, or getting a transaction, to get their money into your hand.

I've reduced it down to a single piece of paper.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22dqskdc2acc0aw/pop.jpg?dl=0

There it is, a whole course in human behavior regarding TRANSACTIONS, albeit this shows a REMOTE transaction, face to face, the barrier is closer, invisible, but there none the less.

Yes, that applies to copywriting.
Yes, to SALESMANSHIP.
Yes to marketing, funnels, eBay, websites, all offers.

You must first ALWAYS, get their attention (and favorable attention at that).
You must get them interested at the INTERSECTION of where you get their attention, and knowing how to break PREOCCUPATION and then...

knowing exactly how to lead their attention in an emotional resonating way all the way to the call for action...

Well, ^^^^^^^^^^^ this is all there is to it.

I'll keep you posted on which Black Friday deals we will proceed with.

In the meantime, have a lovely holiday.

Gordon