SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 25, 2011, 08:06 AM
SteveSki

Angry Can Anyone Stop China from Ripping Us Off On Ebay?

Here’s the problem. My wife. Partners and I make and sell digital backgrounds at: www.DigitalFantasyBackgrounds.com
These are meant for photographers to enhance their client’s portraits and in our terms and conditions we forbid anyone from
using them in any way on ebay and we forbid printing our images out onto canvas, paper or vinyl for the purpose of turning them
into physical backgrounds. But each week we find dozens of our backgrounds being sold on Ebay as physical backgrounds, always
by Ebay members located in China.

Now if Hollywood can’t stop the Chinese from violating their copyrights what chance do I stand? These Chinese thieves all simply fax
Ebay a counter claim which releases Ebay from their obligations to protect our copyrights because we can not afford to spend hours and
Hours each week policing ebay for violations knowing that the Chinese will always fax ebay back a counter claim. We can’t afford to pay
Over and over again for court actions when they will simply open up another ebay account or get one of their Billions of Cousins to open
a new account for them and the process keeps repeating itself.

It cost them very little to fax a counter claim to ebay but it cost us a lot of time and money to file ineffective court actions.

Is there a way to hold Ebay itself responsible for helping them? Each week I voice my concerns to Ebay that it’s impossible for me to file court actions against dozens of Chinamen each week and ebay knows full well the game that is being played. If we win in court they operate under a new ebay ID so filing endless court actions against these thieves won’t stop the problem. Is there any way to hold Ebay accountable?