SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 25, 2022, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Default Yes, you already have audio books Millard.

With today's tech, what would the reason be for not offering both?

Simple software (even free) can convert audio to text. And some decent text to audio, although just reading works well for NY Times best sellers.

I don't like audio. But there are millions who do. So why eliminate a large part of your market with only one choice? Offer both.

As for us trying this, you'll find a lot of archival discussion on this going back over a decade and within the last year or two, Dien and I both have tested and reported on various text to speech and speech to text software. Sort of old school by this point.

Give the people what they want, how they want it.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
I've often wondered if audio books were a good alternative than writing an actual printed book.

Has anyone tried this?

I know that audio versions of books exist everywhere. What was interesting to me is the idea that just creating a book by speaking, instead of writing might be easier.

My experience has been to create audio products. (I have several in a couple of niches) Although I have never considered them to be audio books... just an audio information product.

Maybe I am just looking at the term audiobook as something different than audio information product. It could just be semantics.

I experimented with an online transcription service and made a 75 page report of a couple of my recordings and it worked well for me. It is almost like working backwards.... transcribe a recording to develop ebook and then have an audio of ebook as a bonus. Hmmm.