SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 11, 2015, 05:11 PM
RickC

Default Re: $1,491 A WEEK!

I'll let you know. Don threw out a good idea, and I don't mean to complicate it. I'm trying to think of the end user. To pay $497.00 or more, when I already have no intention of paying Realtor fees, what do I get for it? A video that shows up where?

The SEO side of me says: You can do a video and rank it for the address OR you can do a video and rank it for address, city, county, state, ect. The more possible words to rank for the better for the homeowner and more $$$ for you.

Website, Facebook, the possibilities exist. Is anyone doing a Facebook page per county that list FSBO videos? I'm just trying to think of all the possibilities.

I didn't know you were once a Realtor? I'll definitely check back in with this and let the forum know.
Old March 11, 2015, 05:50 PM
Don Alm

I just "toss out Potential Money-Making IDEAS" here and NOT the "Whole enchalada" or "consulting".....which my "students" have paid for.

However....with this project we do register Domains for the "Street Address" and include a QR Code for their Sign and their Ads and PostCards and Biz Cards and other Promotional things they do..... so potential buyers can see a VIDEO (Moving Pictures with Music)....(sure beats looking at photos)

And.....I WILL toss out a Marketing TIP here; We use a "Coupon Code Finder" called "www.JoinHoney.com". Using "Chrome" as your browser....install Join Honey on your pc then...when you go to GoDaddy to buy a domain....click on the "h" that Join Honey places on your Browser. Join Honey will then go thru 20 Coupon Codes and usually finds one for $2 or less....so Domains will only cost you 2bux!

I call this "Video Domaining"! And....when anyone uses their Smart Phone to snap a picture of the QR Code.....up comes the Video....that has Contact Info!

Thus.....looking at a List of homes for sale in the local newspaper and ONE has a QR Code.....or a PostCard comes in the Mail with a QR Code on it.... the AD SURE STANDS OUT among everything else!!!!!!!!

In fact.....for THIS service my "student" is NOW charging $497 for the Video and $797 for the Domain AND QR Code.....plus.....next month she's going to begin charging a Monthly Fee.

A house selling for $200,000 would usually cost the owner 6% ($12,000!) If the owner uses OUR Marketing Program....Video PLUS Domain PLUS QR Code (Plus the Code is printed out on material used for Bumper Stickers)....so the Code can be Stuck on the Yard Sign.

Actually....she thinks, for what she does (Now with some Sales using her method).....she will soon be charging $1,200 (1/10th of a Commissioned Agent's Fee)

Don Alm.....marketing guy
Old March 11, 2015, 11:13 PM
TommyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
I just "toss out Potential Money-Making IDEAS" here and NOT the "Whole enchalada" or "consulting".....which my "students" have paid for.

However....with this project we do register Domains for the "Street Address" and include a QR Code for their Sign and their Ads and PostCards and Biz Cards and other Promotional things they do..... so potential buyers can see a VIDEO (Moving Pictures with Music)....(sure beats looking at photos)

And.....I WILL toss out a Marketing TIP here; We use a "Coupon Code Finder" called "www.JoinHoney.com". Using "Chrome" as your browser....install Join Honey on your pc then...when you go to GoDaddy to buy a domain....click on the "h" that Join Honey places on your Browser. Join Honey will then go thru 20 Coupon Codes and usually finds one for $2 or less....so Domains will only cost you 2bux!

I call this "Video Domaining"! And....when anyone uses their Smart Phone to snap a picture of the QR Code.....up comes the Video....that has Contact Info!

Thus.....looking at a List of homes for sale in the local newspaper and ONE has a QR Code.....or a PostCard comes in the Mail with a QR Code on it.... the AD SURE STANDS OUT among everything else!!!!!!!!

In fact.....for THIS service my "student" is NOW charging $497 for the Video and $797 for the Domain AND QR Code.....plus.....next month she's going to begin charging a Monthly Fee.

A house selling for $200,000 would usually cost the owner 6% ($12,000!) If the owner uses OUR Marketing Program....Video PLUS Domain PLUS QR Code (Plus the Code is printed out on material used for Bumper Stickers)....so the Code can be Stuck on the Yard Sign.

Actually....she thinks, for what she does (Now with some Sales using her method).....she will soon be charging $1,200 (1/10th of a Commissioned Agent's Fee)

Don Alm.....marketing guy

Hmm, and all of a sudden this got quite a bit more complicated than Right Click, save your photos, fire up video making software, upload to youtube, email the home seller, and Whammo! Presto.

With the addition of a domain and QR code on their sign and in the video, the selling got fairly complex. What I mean is that many are still not familiar with QR code so you'd need to educate the home seller before selling to them.

Not saying it's not doable, but it's no longer a quickie project. I thought there was more to it than ranking just a simple 1 minute video for their keyword. Still, I've already made two videos and I'll let you know how it goes.
Old March 12, 2015, 11:09 AM
Don Alm

Default Hey Tommy Boy

"Hmm, and all of a sudden this got quite a bit more complicated than Right Click, save your photos, fire up video making software, upload to youtube, email the home seller, and Whammo! Presto.

Sorry I made this "more complicated" for you!

My "student" started out by
grabbing Photos
firing up PS3
uploading to YT
emailing (or Phoning) the home seller

She started out charging $297 then went to $497 then felt she had to "add more Value" so I told her to do the "Domain & QR Code" thingee. She's NOW charging much more than $497 for the extras.

One of my other "students" is NOT doing the "Domain & QR Code" thingees and STILL getting $497 from houses listed for $150,000 and more!!!!!!

So.....it's up to YOU! Do what YOU want and charge what YOU want.....it's YOUR bizness!.....I thought I'd offer up some "additional value" to the project!

Don Alm......freely offering "money-making" ideas
Old March 12, 2015, 02:01 PM
TommyBoy

Default Re: Hey Tommy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
"Hmm, and all of a sudden this got quite a bit more complicated than Right Click, save your photos, fire up video making software, upload to youtube, email the home seller, and Whammo! Presto.

Sorry I made this "more complicated" for you!

My "student" started out by
grabbing Photos
firing up PS3
uploading to YT
emailing (or Phoning) the home seller

She started out charging $297 then went to $497 then felt she had to "add more Value" so I told her to do the "Domain & QR Code" thingee. She's NOW charging much more than $497 for the extras.

One of my other "students" is NOT doing the "Domain & QR Code" thingees and STILL getting $497 from houses listed for $150,000 and more!!!!!!

Touche!

I know, I know, my bad. I sent my first letter to a homeowner last night. We'll see how it goes.
Old March 12, 2015, 02:51 PM
RickC

Lots of different ways to go with this. It's all about providing value for the FSBO seller, and that can mean offering different solutions.

I like it and will post my results.
Old March 12, 2015, 04:06 PM
Don Alm

OK.....one other "Inside Secret" I'll reveal;

There are RE Agents, Realtors, Mortgage Cos, and other biznesses in your area who post Videos on YT.

Find their YouTube Channel and put it into the TAGS for Your FSBO Videos. This will bring up YOUR FSBO Video in the "Side Column".....so YOUR FSBO Videos will get Traffic from the other biz videos.

Don Alm
Old March 12, 2015, 05:05 PM
Robert J.

Great tip, Don.

Just curious ... How much is your coaching support?
Old March 13, 2015, 12:04 AM
Don Alm

Default Re: Hey Tommy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
Touche!

I know, I know, my bad. I sent my first letter to a homeowner last night. We'll see how it goes.

Hey Tom.....this is NOT a "100% Close" deal! I tell my "students" to make up 3 to 5 Videos a day.....with the "Hope" of closing 1.

Don Alm
Old March 15, 2015, 07:51 AM

Is anyone aware of a simple program to use instead of Photostory 3?

I'm using Windows 8.1 and Photostory 3 is an issue.

I've looked at Camtasia but the learning curve is too much.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

shawn