SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 23, 2012, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Default Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
hi GordonJ,

Thank you for providing this forum and this information on chatteling.

Can you tell me how you go about finding the market price for items to buy and sell please?

Amazon, eBay FINISHED listings and craigslists SOLD are the basics

I was wondering if you use a particular method for finding the price that buyers will pay.

Use the above ... real time answers, eBay COMPLETED listings give you a good idea.

I'm keen to do my homework well before parting with any money. I don't have much money to speculate with, so i need to be doubly careful.

Start small, 10 bux and get your feet wet, buy something and make a couple of bux, work your way up.

Also, do you know of anyone who uses this method to make a full time income and what kind of areas should i be looking to chattel.

Yes, many of them now own a storefront business but started buying and selling from their home. Comic books, antiques, watches, music store, furniture, several consignment store. Some people look for things, things they know about.

I look for UNDERVALUED chattel, I look for the GAP between what is being sold over here and what they will pay over there.

Get used to using eBay completed listings in an area you want to start in and you'll get an idea of what the market will PAY. Also Amazon.

Thank you
Steve

The biggest stumbling block for most people is their doubt and fear.

Start small, gain confidence and stand between a desperate seller and a hungry buyer, again, use the above to learn what is selling.

IF you have a hobby or an area of interest, daily spend a few minutes studying that market, use tools that let you search many craigslist listings...and keep at it.

Gordon Alexander